“A kind of a dream”

Best Western Globus Hotel
Ranked #252 of 1,267 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

I have stayed in the hotel for 3 nights. The location is very good. You can take bus no. 310 to termini station in 10 mins. The area is very safe at night. We have stayed in a very big room at 6th floor with a big terrace, reception and big bathroom with a big jaccuzi. The hotel is very clean and staff are very helpful. Breakfast was average but nice. I would really recommend it.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Best Western Globus Hotel

Reviewed 28 April 2014

I read that the breakfast here was wonderful, but I have to disagree. Although it wasn't horrible I have had better. The best thing they served were the filled pastries. They did not have an option to make waffles or omelette as I thought. If you are sharing a room with 3 or 4 people like we did, the room with 2 doubles is much better than the room with 1 king size and a sofa bed. They stuck us in the room with a sofa bed the first night even though we were confirmed in the 2 double bed room. Our daughters were very uncomfortable and could feel the wires in the bed while sleeping. You don't want this room even though they pull it off as the better room. It is not if you have more than 2 people. There are 2 pizza places on the same street that were both very bad. My daughter got sick and threw up. It wasn't until I got back to the states that everyone told me that pizza in Italy is gross and not all that. Pizza Hut or even little ceasars is better. Take my advise! Hope this helps! Also, look into getting train, bus pass for the day.

Room Tip: Ask for room with 2 double beds. I know it's a smaller bed , but if you go with room with king t...
1  Thank Ritzi
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Nice hotel close to the main university and about 25 minutes walk from the central station. This is a friendly establishment, with reception staff very helpful in terms of advice about places to go. Stayed several nights, partly for business, and saw the city, as the trams stops were only about 100m and the metro further, 500m.

Had a small but clean and comfortable room on top floor, with large balcony with table and chairs, so if it had been warmer we'd have sat outside at night.

Excellent breakfast buffet, with wide range of options from toast and cake to eggs and sausages. Cereal and yoghurt and plenty of fresh fruit. Best coffee comes from the waitress, so worth making an order rather than take the machine coffee on offer on buffet bar.

Some good restaurants in the local area, as well as plenty of takeaway pizza places, so a range of options if you don't want to eat in the hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 April 2014

The Globus remains my hotel of choice in the university area and my experience on this trip was the best yet. The hotel has been revamping the guest rooms over time and I was happy this time to get a newly renovated room with a sparkling, brand-new bathroom AND a lovely big balcony (thanks!). Thanks to a transit strike I discovered on this trip that in fact the hotel is only a 15-minute walk from Termini - much quicker and easier than getting the metro to Bologna from Termini and still having to walk 10 minutes! The breakfast is still excellent and I like the clean, modern style of this simple hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 April 2014

This is a nice, modern hotel, tastefully furnished, and comfortable. Breakfast was nice, with lots of choice. Staff were very friendly and helpful.

The hotel is a good bus/metro ride away from most tourist attractions, but the local area seems clean, nice and vibrant. And because of the location, it was a very good value.

We read the reviews, and asked for a quiet room, but were given a room on the second floor street side. I felt like we were on the street itself. We could hear all the street noise, and we could also hear the elevator, and people talking in the hallwall and in the rooms on either side of us. When in the bathroom, I could hear a lady singing in a shower somewhere else in the hotel. I felt like we were in a tent. The windows and doors provide virtually no sound insulation, and you should know this. I have stayed in hundreds of hotels, and this is the noisiest that I have ever stayed in.

I would highly recommend that the windows and doors are replaced on the street side.

Room Tip: Back of hotel seems like it might be quieter. Away from elevator might be quieter. Higher floor mi...
Reviewed 7 April 2014

The BWG is tucked on the corner of a busy college residential area, the sudden screams at night are young Italian students letting off steam. The location is handy enough with ample transportation near by such as buses and trams (street cars) just a short block away, the Metro (B line) is about 3 blocks away and Tiburtina train station nearby. The neighborhood is safe at day and night and has casual college type pizza joints across the street.
The hotel is clean, staff are accommodating and actually took the time to map out our route to Olympic Stadium via Metro and bus and they we perfect directions. Room was big (2 double beds) by Rome standards, however, not all was big as the shower stall was the smallest I've ever washed in and the mattresses are hard. Elevator was small too, our party of 3, with luggage could not all fit and we only had one bag each. All in all I can recommend this hotel, it was very convenient and the hotel can arrange a private car to the airport for 45e (all, not each)

Room Tip: ask for a higher floor
1  Thank AnthonyVA
Reviewed 18 March 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for 4 days with some friends and I must say this was a pleasant hotel. The hotel itself is in the middle of college town so most tour groups that stayed there were college kids. That was ok with me since I'm in college and enjoyed Americans being around from time to time. The rooms are very spacious and most come equipped with two bathrooms. Our room had a balcony that we used rarely. It was nice to let fresh air into our room. We were steps away from the open air deck on the roof with was pretty cool. You can see all of Rome. The breakfast in the morning is something I would see at my friends home. ( very Italian grandparents). The hotel wifi needs some work but it works best in the lobby. The elevator is really small and does some weird things but the stairs aren't so bad. It's only a block away from the metro station. If I came back to Rome not sure if this would be my first choice but it wouldn't be my last. I'm sure it used to be a hostile before becoming a hotel.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends