How in the world can a 3 star hotel be such 5 star quality? I don’t know how they do it. This hotel was so awesome that we just fell in love. We were supposed to move to another hotel closer to the major attractions but we chose to stay here for the remainder of our trip. First of all, shouts out to Francessca, she was the awesome front desk attendant. We had to wait a few hours for our room to be ready when we first arrived, so she upgraded us to a JR. suite for our trouble without us even asking. The hotel is located about two blocks from the University of Rome, so it is a great neighborhood with great character. We felt very safe walking, even at 11 at night. We had a chance to hang out with some of the students eating at the gelato place down the street. We were able to walk to Termini station in about 25 minutes. Easy scenic walk. We also walked to catch the hop on/hop off tour bus which left from Via Marsalla behind Termini. There are great restaurants (Brachie Y Abrachie was our favorite – will review later), gelato places, and pizza places all close by. This hotel is not located in the thick of the tourist areas so that gives it additional charm and flavor because you can really be with the locals and experience Roman culture at it’s best. Breakfast was simple, but enough to get you started. The selection of teas was one of the best I have ever seen. They really took pride in producing a quality breakfast. There was a restaurant on the premises but we didn’t have a chance to eat there. Everything in the hotel was meticulously clean. The shower in the room that we were assigned to had a fancy rain shower with multiple shower heads all along the walls. We also had two bathrooms in our suite. Later in the week, we switched to a regular room and it was just as wonderful as the suite, just a little bit smaller with one bathroom. I just can’t say enough about how wonderful this place is. Definitely more than a 3 star place.
Here is my PRO and CON rundown.
• The rooms are very very clean
• The location is FANTASTIC (especially if you don’t mind walking)
• The front desk staff is awesome
• The hotel has beautiful modern décor
• The rooms are fresh and updated (big comfy white comforters and crisp white sheets)
• The hotel tourist tax was only 4 Euro per night per person (cheap compared to other hotels)
• There are wonderful restaurants, gelato places, and pizza places steps away from the hotel
• Easy 25-30 minuate walk to Termini station
• The room has an electronic safe
• The rooms are large – similar to the size of American hotel rooms
• There is a flat screen television on the wall, the television is very modern and allows for multiple HDMI hook ups
• The rooms are air conditioned very well
• The shower in our room was from heaven. The shower was tiled in beautiful tile. We had a double vanity
• Breakfast was great. Meats, cheeses, nutella filled croissants breads, teas, coffees, scones and biscotti. Just fabulous!!
• Free fast wi-fi
• Hardwood floors throughout the room which gave it a fresh clean feel. Most hotels that we visited in Italy did not have the tired old dirty carpet that we have here in US hotels. Great idea that we need to borrow.
• Towels were big and fluffy and fabulous
• Cute little business center with one computer and one high capacity printer that allowed us to easily print our vouchers and train tickets
• No laundry room for self service. If you wanted laundry done, you had to pay them to do it
• We didn’t want to leave
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- he BEST WESTERN Globus Hotel is in the immediate vicinity of the Policlinico Umberto Primo hospital and "La Sapienza" University of Rome.Well connected by underground and public transport to Rome Termini central railway station, and therefore with the city's airports and other areas, the hotel is close to the city centre. Many of the city's tourist attractions, including the Baths of Diocletian and Piazza della Repubblica are within walking distance of the BEST WESTERN Globus Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Expedia, Southall Travel, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Best Western Globus Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Rome
- Rome Best Western