All reviews roof terrace trevi fountain piazza venezia trajan's market pastries within walking distance busy road excellent location spanish steps fifth floor central location big bathroom around the corner mini bar stay at this hotel again ciampino airport reception staff
Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

We stay our initial three nights in Rome at this hotel. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful. You are in walking distance to many places including Trevi Fountain and Collesseum. The breakfast buffet was amazing!!!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank farawaydreamer
Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

My initial impression of this hotel wasn’t awesome, but I do have to admit that it grew on me. Part of my specific issue was the big Virgin Mary photo right over the bed. I don’t have anything against Mary mind you ..... it’s just when I’m vacationing with my wife in Rome .... there’s things Mary just doesn’t need to see .... call it Catholic guilt, but Mary spent our visit looking at the side of the desk. Aside from the creepy purposefully placed religious items, the hotel was clean, the staff welcoming, and accommodating, and the location was conducive to seeing Rome on foot. My only real complaint was the bed was super firm .... as in Grandmother’s House super firm.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ddissent
Nadia_Plama, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hotel Pace Helvezia, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2018

Thanks for your review, we are sorry Mary's presence was an issue for you, we will study Her location better to exclude the guilt from our guests' stay entirely. We will also improve the bedding and hope to host you again soon.

Reviewed 17 June 2018

Room 50 facing the main street was a bit loud, but with windows closed and AC on, it was not obtrusive.

Desk staff were very helpful.

Roof top terrace was the place to hang out in the evening: very comfortable, safe, and offers views of the Colosseum, Pantheon and St. Peter's. Walked 3.5 - 8.5 miles each day and covered all the sites (took a taxi to the Vatican due to the early morning tour time and desire to save our feet for the tours.

Breakfast was good, but did not change during our six days. Still, variety was quite acceptable.

Room was large by European standards. Had some ants in the bathroom, but otherwise was spotless. Shower was not convenient for my 5' 10" frame nor even my wife at 5' 6" but it got the job done.

Overall, I would return. Price was decent.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank Quist17
Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

Great location to walk from by the coliseum. Very nice hotel (a bit cramped) with incredible balcony views from the 6th floor. Truly classic Italian hotel and great for the price. This is the view!

I was a little soured getting hit with a city tax of over $100 in addition to my room fee but that seems the new trend in Italy. It’s been 20 years of traveling to Europe now and I would have to say that, if there were one difference which has become obvious over the years, it’s that tourists are looked at less and less as a benefit or appreciated source of economic value. Instead, it feels more and more as if you’re a commodity these days ready to be gouged if given the opportunity. Again, that remark is not for the hotel as much as the country in general.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 June 2018

Excellent location for viewing Roman ruins. Nice dining room with adequate breakfast fare. Rooms had no place for a suitcase to be used conveniently. Need a luggage rack or two depending on number of travelers. In room pot for heating water for tea had to be used on the floor as cord didn't reach from dest top. Old world charm.
ROOF TOP TERRACE LOVELY IN THE EVENING FOR WINE AND SUSNSET VIEWING.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel