“Favorite Memories from My Honeymoon”
Review of Hotel Dei Consoli

Hotel Dei Consoli
Ranked #477 of 1,257 Hotels in Rome
Tampa
“Favorite Memories from My Honeymoon”
Reviewed 7 April 2014

This hotel is an absolute gem in the heart of Vatican city. The staff was very helpful and accommodating. After exploring Rome, the Hotel Dei Consoli felt like coming home to our luxury home in Rome. Breakfast was amazing and the bed was super comfortable. I especially loved the big Jacuzzi tub! I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank anaabe
Hotel-dei-Consoli, Manager at Hotel Dei Consoli, responded to this review, 12 April 2014
Dear Client,
thank you so much for your kind review.

It gives me the chance to say that we do love HONEYMOONERS in our hotel because of the freshness, hope and happiness you bring and share with us.
I am proud you had an excellent stay with us and we are part of your favorite memories of your honeymoon.
I hope to see you again in the future.
kind regards and congratulations once more!!

Luigi Pirrò

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 30 March 2014

This hotel is an excellent choice. The staff are friendly and very helpful. The rooms are a good size, tastefully decorated and very comfortable. Breakfast on the roof deck is lovely. And the location is great. I just spent a week in Rome with my parents and we had the most wonderful time. Could not have been better.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank patti_111333
Hotel-dei-Consoli, Manager at Hotel Dei Consoli, responded to this review, 5 April 2014
Dear Patti,
I am proud to read your review and to see your full satisfaction for your stay at Hotel dei Consoli.
I am particularly happy since you were visiting Rome with your parents and that makes our role in the trip even more important for good memories of this experience.
I like to thank you for recommending the hotel to other travelers as an "excellent place to stay" and for the positive details that you mention.
I do look forward to having you and your family again with us.
Kind the kindest regards,
Hitchin, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 March 2014

This hotel, situated near The Vatican, was faultless. As well as a very high standard of comfort and cleanliness, we were offered a friendly, welcoming service by the staff, many of whom spoke excellent English. The roof terrace, where drinks and meals are served, is stunning, and makes this an even more special place to stay. The hotel played no small part in ensuring we had a delightful few days in Rome.

2 Thank DavidBirkett
Hotel-dei-Consoli, Manager at Hotel Dei Consoli, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Dear David,
thank you so much for your kind review and for your excellent rating of Hotel dei Consoli.
I am proud to read we contributed to your delightful vacation to Rome. I do appreciate your recognition of "very high standard of comfort and cleanliness", the "friendly, welcoming service by the staff".
I do hope you will have further opportunities to visit Rome in order to meet you in person.
Easebourne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 March 2014

We stayed for 2 nights at the end of January which we had booked through a secret escapes special offer. The hotel staff couldn't have been nicer. After they found out it was our 30th anniversary we were upgraded to a delux room. We had an excellent breakfast on the roof terrace which set us up perfectly for a big day of sightseeing. We would heartily recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: If you are staying at this hotel for a special occasion it is worth telling the staff. They cheerfu...
1 Thank Ruby2shoes2014
Hotel-dei-Consoli, Manager at Hotel Dei Consoli, responded to this review, 9 March 2014
Dear Ruby,
first of all Congratulation from all of us once again for your 30th anniversary !!!
I am proud to read you had a beautiful stay with us and special memories for this special circumstance.
I like to confirm your point: we do love having clients celebrating some anniversary or special occasion. We do our best in general, but we do some "positive discrimination" with nice clients like you are.
Secret Escapes customer are also in our heart because of their overall kindness.
With my kindest regards,
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 March 2014

I stayed here for 3 nights in February. The hotel where excellent from me making the reservation to checking out. They where in constant communication before my arrival offering an airport pick up/drop off service, upon arrival the lady who checked us in was fantastic, she gave us a map and highlighted the things we might have wanted to see. I had pre booked some tickets for the Vatican and Colloseum but never recieved the documents before I left, I asked at reception and the gentlman who was on duty said he would print out my vouchers for me! The breakfast was great, a good variety and really set you up for the day, the location was amazing! From the roof top terrace where breakfast is served you can see the top of St Peters which gives you an idea of its location. Would certainley stay again!!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KevAko
Hotel-dei-Consoli, Manager at Hotel Dei Consoli, responded to this review, 7 March 2014
Dear Client,
thank you so much for your review and recommendation of Hotel dei Consoli to other travelers. We are proud you had a great time with us and happy you have been feeling very welcome and supported before and during your stay.
I do look forward to having you again with us in the future.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 February 2014

Stayed three nights in January after booking through Secret Escapes. Excellent communication with hotel and upgrade of room when we arrived. Nice to have the extra space with sofa and table to sit and relax after long day sightseeing. Great Jacuzzi shower to ease all the pain. Also handly to have the fridge in the room. Never used the TV - too busy sightseeing in day and out eating at night. Reception recommended the wonderful L'eccellenza ristorante just five minutes away and one of the best italian restaurant meals we'd ever had. Breakfast lovely on roof terrace - just a nice selection of all you would need. Location of hotel is very handy for Vatican museums, St Peters and walking to the centre via the bridge at the Castle Sant'angelo. Would recommend and would stay there again.

1 Thank AnnRob41
Dear Ann,
thank you for your kind and detailed review.
I am proud you had a very relaxing and happy time with us.
All Secret Escapes travelers are very welcome to Hotel dei Consoli and we do our best to make you feel comfortable as at home.
I do look forward to having you again with us in the future.
Meyreuil, France
Reviewed 20 February 2014

I spent a week with 3 friends in this charming, comfortable hotel in the Prati section of Rome, within walking distance of The Vatican. On a major shopping street, the Dei Consoli is convenient to much in Rome, and a twenty minute walk from the inner city. The Vatican, Castle Sant'Angelo, and Trastevere are all nearby, as are dozens of good restaurants frequented mostly by Romans. The rooms of the hotel vary in shape and size, and each of us had an individual room. The walls are golden, the beds comfortable, the rooms well insulated and quiet. The TV is Italian only, and there is free WiFi throughout the hotel. Breakfast, cocktails, and a light dinner is served in the roof garden dining area, which must be spectacular in fair, warm weather. As it was winter, large plastic screens kept the cold out but the light in. Bruno, the bartender, has worked there for 35 years and we looked forward to seeing him every day. In the mornings he made excellent cappuccini and in the evenings fine cocktails. The hotel is owned and managed by a charming mother and daughter who are so thoughtful of their guests that they pre-ordered free tickets to the midnight mass at St. Peter's. This was a thrill of a lifetime and an experience we shall always treasure in our photos and memories. I recall nothing negative about our stay there. There are no large public rooms, but as we spent most of our time touring Rome, we were in the hotel mainly for basics. I recommend this as a place to stay for both individuals and families, but choose your rooms carefully as they are not large. Without doubt, one of the nicest, friendliest places to stay in Rome and a place where you will feel welcome and at home.

Room Tip: The rooms vary in size and shape, so if you have personal needs I would recommend you to state them...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Joe,
THANK YOU so much for your very nice and appreciative review of your experience at Hotel dei Consoli.
We are proud you annoyed all about your stay and that we were able to support you and your family with joining the midnight mass at St. Peter's.
I appreciate you recommendation of Hotel dei Consoli as "Without doubt, one of the nicest, friendliest places to stay in Rome and a place where you will feel welcome and at home."
Looking forward to having you again with us,
kindest regards,