“Appalling customer service from staff let down this lovely hotel”
Review of Summit Roma Hotel

Summit Roma Hotel
Ranked #1,122 of 1,268 Hotels in Rome
A TripAdvisor Member
London
Reviewed 9 May 2005

This hotel was lovely if a bit out of the way. And it's a pity the staff weren't as nice as the hotel itself. Only found out the day before due to come home that there is an overground station 10 minutes walk away which took us to the heart of the city centre. However, it is not surprising the staff failed to mention this, given that their customer service was so shoddy. The rooms were beautiful - we were actually given one of the 5 suites which were immaculate, with fresh towels every day. Make sure you check and double check which airport you are due to fly home from. On our last day, we were told there is a shuttle bus to the airport. No mention was made by any staff of the name of the airport, although another party travelling in the bus with us checked with the driver and were told that the airport was correct. However, we ended up at the wrong one, and when I asked the driver how we could get to the correct one, he simply said "it's not my problem, you should have checked" and then turned his back on me! This was also the attitude of the unhelpful reception staff when we got back to the hotel. There was no help whatsoever and they refused to give us the hotel manager's name. What was even more ludicrous was the fact that the bus had to practically go past the correct airport on the way back to the hotel but because it "wasn't his route" he wouldn't take us. Luckily we made our flight by the skin of our teeth; the other party (with a baby) weren't so lucky...so all in all, the hotel was let down by the terrible quality of the customer service and rudeness of the driver (who incidentally only understood English when it suited him!)

Stayed: April 2005
11  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Reviewed 21 April 2005

Finding the hotel was a bit of a nightmare, the easiest way is to get the over ground train to Stazione Roma. From there go under the station away from the bus terminas and turn left. The hotel is 300m on the right.
Apart from the location and the un-reliable shuttle bus we loved this Hotel. The rooms were clean, the staff helpful and friendly and the breakfast was the best we had in Italy.

• Stayed: April 2004
13  Thank MarkGTBA
Reviewed 27 March 2005

I have just returned from three nights at the Summit Roma Hotel in Rome. The hotel is rated as a 4* but is absolutely shocking! Dirty and tatty with paper thin walls! I had to change rooms three times before I was offered something vaguely suitable and this was only after I had asked for a refund so I could go elsewhere!.
The shower cubicles were the smallest I have ever seen, and I work in
property so have seen a fair few bathrooms in my time!

Was woken at 6am every morning as that was when the staff appeared to start work but weren't very quiet! Was woken several times during the first night by the plumbing, and the neighbours doing things I really didn't want to hear about!!
The smell from the bathroom was awful, like drains.
The staff were very unhelpful and the hotel was a 15 minute bus ride and three stops on the tube from the centre of town!
I could go on and on! Suffice it to say this was my first time in Rome and I was really put off going again

• Stayed: March 2005
9  Thank MD22
Reviewed 18 March 2005

Having just got back (yesterday 18/3/05) from a 3 day stay in the Summit Roma Hotel. The following observations were made,

This hotel is WELL WELL OUT OF THE WAY from the centre of Rome. The nearest station to it is Cornelia Metro station.

There is a free shuttle bus that runs to this station from the hotel but be warned there is high chance there won't be enough room for you on the bus as spaces are limited, so you'll have to get a taxi ( 10 Euros) up to Cornelia station as they don't do a second runs.

The metro line closes at 9 pm so if your planning a late night in the centre of Rome be prepared to cough up the 25 Euros back to the hotel by taxi. (Thanks for telling us that hotel people not! ) Also the last free shuttle service from Cornelia station to the hotel is at 8pm.

The rooms are basic and if you like sleeping on plywood you'll love the beds. The showers have no shower curtains, so having a shower brings a new meaning to the term 'wet room '. Next time I'll take my snorkle and flip flops.

The shuttle bus service times aren inconsistent, our room had ants
and toilet flooded when there was a problem with the drains on more than one occasion.

I am pleased to say that the hotel did not spoil my trip to Rome. It was beautiful city full of charming people and wonderful places visit just DON'T stay in this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2005