Courtyard by Marriott Rome Central Park
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Great 4.5/5
    • Restaurant
      Very Good 4/5
      All reviewsgemelli stationshuttle busshuttle servicepeter's domepublic transportationfront desk staffgreat view of stnice hotellocal trainnice balconyeuros per personvatican areathe hotel offersrooms are largearound the cornerhotel locationfour nights
      FilterAll languages
      Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

I travelled to Roma for the first time in my life. It has always been a dream to visit rome and at last my dream came true. I was a bit concerned about the language barrier as i don't really speak italian however upon checking in at the courtyard rome central park marriott i was greeted by warm smiles at the reception. My check in experience was brilliant.i was checked in by Loredana. She was full of information and made me feel very comfortable in a alien country. Her information was spot on. doing the course of my stay i also came across another member of staff Francesca. She is one of the few receptionist who i have seen deliver a service with a smile no matter what the situation is. I just want to say that these 2 associates may my stay a absolutely brilliant one and memorable. The shuttle service to the vatican is also a very good service offered by the hotel. The only drawback of the beautiful courtyard rome central park marriott is that they do not have 24 hour room service. And choice of eggs to cook isnt included on the included breakfast. But other than this it is the brilliant hotel with brilliant staff.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
      Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

So glad I picked this hotel, being working for Marriott it really was very comfortable to have stayed here. They were kind enough to extend me a special package which includes breakfast and dinner. Reception lady was really helpful. Great value hotel, even though it's far from the main city it's very close to the train station.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
      2  Thank Suyash-Kr
      Reviewed 3 May 2014

First to those who've written here about the hotel "misleading" them about not being near the tourist sights. Just as not every hotel with a Chicago address is downtown in the Loop, not every hotel that's in Rome is in the city center. This hotel is in a residential area of Rome. That's one reason it's quiet and less expensive than if you were in the city center. The hotel runs a shuttle that drops you at the Vatican for three euros. You can also buy an all day ticket in the gift shop that let's you ride the train, subway and bus for 6 euros. The train station is a three minute walk from the hotel and a short ride to the metro. As for the hotel, it is on par with other Courtyard brand hotels. The reception was warm, cheery and helpful. Our room was very nice, clean and quiet. The only observation is that the only English television channels are news channels; no entertainment. This is the way it is at all European hotels though, and I'm not on holiday to watch tv anyway. The only disappointment was he hotel restaurant at dinner time. On a Sunday night when the only other local dining option is closed, the hotel had one server and the bartender working the bistro, which was swamped by a tour group. Service was consequently exceptionally slow, but not because they weren't working hard. As for the local restaurant, we went once. Yes the food is good, but I thought the service was curt and unwelcoming, especially by Italian standards. The food was comparably priced to the hotel's, except the wine is less expensive. Stay late in the city and eat there where the choices are many. On the whole, the hotel has a cheerful and helpful staff offering a pleasant stay at good value.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
      5  Thank NorthstarTravellers
      Reviewed 27 April 2014

The hotel is clean and we got a room upgrade upon check-in. We ate at the restaurant one evening and the food was good, but expensive. While there are plenty of reasonably priced restaurants in the centre, the location of the hotel is not great and you often have to spend the whole day in the centre as the commute via train takes around 25 minutes + (metro and separate line which is not as frequent). The hotel provides a shuttle bus to the Vatican which is great and costs 3 euro per person, but it does not run between 12 and 3pm.
      Overall, a nice hotel in a quiet area which we would recommend if you don't mind travelling into Rome. It could be improved by offering wifi in the rooms without a charge of 10 euro per day though.

Room Tip: Try and get an upgrade, or ask for a high floor with a view over the park/Vatican
      • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
      Direzione H, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Rome Central Park, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Dear Janet,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our Guest Satisfaction Survey and sharing your experience with the Courtyard Rome Central Park.
      You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. We would like to regain your trust and hope to serve you again in the future. If I may be of assistance or if you have additional feedback you would be willing to share, please don’t hesitate to contact me.

ANTONIO DE SANTIS
      Director of Operations
      Marriott
      cy.romcp.room.div.mgr@courtyard.com

Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

Yes the folks here are right. Hotel's name is VERY misleading; according to the property's website and name I honestly expected a leisurely stroll to the Vatican or Roman Forum. Not quite.
      Still, I'm happy I stayed here with my mom as part of her birthday celebration. As far as getting into the city center, the Courtyard's shuttle was splendid, punctual and professional. We owe that shuttle a lot. The drivers were very amiable and helpful too.
      I asked for a room with a view of Saint Peter's Basilica upon check in and the agent cheerfully granted it to us. Kudos to him. Our room was clean, comfortable, spacious and very pleasant. The breakfast was rather dissapointing but I must say the staff at the restaurant was exceptionally friendly and professional. Smiles and a sincere wish to help.
      I will say that I am mostly a hotel snob. I stay almost exclusively at Four Seasons or five diamond properties. I chose this hotel mostly for lack of rooms in Rome and since our adventure spanned 3 countries in two continents I wanted to save the higher end hotels for the places we would be staying at longer. That said, I was pleasantly surprised and delighted with the Courtyard Marriott Rome. Yes, I wholeheartedly recommend it and would even give thought to staying here again. No, no Four Seasons but I delightful surprise. Just one thing: The Courtyard Rome Suburban Hotel is a much better name for your future guests. Change it. Stay here ladies and gentlemen.

Stayed: April 2014
      4  Thank manseeingtheearth
      Direzione H, Assistant Front Office Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Rome Central Park, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Thank you for your comments. We are very fortunate to have so many great reviews here on TripAdvisor and we greatly appreciate you adding your experience.
      Birthdays are such special occasions and I am happy to hear we made your mother’s birthdays special. Our staff will be so happy to hear your comments as well.
      However, We will be glad to evaluate your suggestions regarding our property's name with our management.
      We take all feedback seriously, and sincerely regret that we did not meet your expectations regarding the breakfast.
      We hope that we will serve you again.
      Kind regrads,