“Location, Location, Location!”

Ranked #230 of 1,257 Hotels in Rome
Boynton Beach, Florida
“Location, Location, Location!”
Reviewed 2 June 2013

I just came back from 4 nights in Rome, 2 of which were spent at Hotel Delle Nazioni. This is a lovely hotel which used to be a Palace. I was a bit put off that there was no one to help me with my suitcase after being dropped off by my taxi on the side street (I am a woman traveling alone and would have loved to see a doorman who could have helped me lug my suitcase inside since it's very hard to roll it on the cobblestone streets) but they did take it once I was inside and up to my room.

The lobby is lovely and they have two small elevators to take you upstairs, although the staircase was so grand that I found myself using the stairs rather than the elevators after my initial check-in. Patrizio (I'm sure I'm not spelling his name correctly) was wonderful to deal with in all my email correspondence and put me in a corner room on the 5th floor with a large magnificent terrace/patio! It had a table and chairs and a motorized awning in case of inclement weather. It had a beautiful view and the room was very quiet. They also have a much larger terrace with lounges, etc for all the guests.

The room itself, which was a Standard room, was probably the smallest room I've ever seen in my life and I was thankful I wasn't traveling with someone as I'm not sure two of us would have fit! I have to say my initial reaction was of shock that the room was so tiny - literally the double bed took up the entire room. There was a small desk and an armoire for your clothes. But when I saw the terrace, I felt much less claustrophobic. I'm not sure you could not spend a week in the room I had, but I was only there for two nights. Having said that, you are only in your room to sleep, and as long as it's clean, updated and air conditioned, which it is, what more could you want. The room had gorgeous wood floors (I mean truly gorgeous wood floors!) with the same color wood on the headboard, desk and armoire. It might have been miniscule, but it was tastefully done and was very quiet - you would never know you were right in the midst of the most sought after sight in Rome!

The room was immaculate although I felt the bed was too hard for my taste. The bathroom was updated, clean and had good water pressure, albeit a tiny shower enclosure. But it worked fine and I wasnt moving in, just staying two nights. If you upgrade to a Superior room you get Sky TV which offers many English speaking channels, but in my room, it was just CNN. However once you start traveling around Europe you realize this is the case everywhere so I always download a few rental movies to my iPad before I leave to watch at night. They had a buffet Continental breakfast which was okay but I was extremely disappointed that they didn't make fresh cappuccino, like the other hotels, but you had to get it from a machine. This is Italy after all, so it seems like offering fresh Cappuccino would be so easy to do. The hotel staircase is a work of art, and the hallways were truly beautiful, but small and narrow. But remember you are in Italy and this used to be a Palace so you need to appreciate the place for what it is and used to be.

The best part of this hotel is the location. It is absolutely unbeatable! You are steps away from the Trevi Fountain! There are restaurants and shops all over the place, but there are also people all over the place, so bear that in mind if you like to stroll around. Not only is the Trevi Fountain literally down the block, but you are definitely walking distance to many shops, department stores, and many other sights, i.e the Spanish Steps, beautiful Via Veneto, etc and Monumento a Vittorio Emanuelle II is just a few blocks away. There are many restaurants surrounding the hotel which stay open very late. We felt like having pasta at 10:30 pm, and that's what we did!

This hotel is on the pricey side, but If you are looking for location, this is the place. It is clean, classy and couldn't be better situated. But if you could afford it (I couldn't), I would probably consider upgrading to a Superior room which much bigger than the one I stayed in. But I would definitely stay there on my next visit.

Room Tip: Some rooms on the 5th floor have a terrace/patio.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Nygarmento
Remarhotels, Direttore vendite at Hotel delle Nazioni, responded to this review, 20 June 2013
Dear Madame,

thank you for your kind review.
We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and we also thank you for your useful additional comments.
We just want to clarify that the staff of our breakfast room is at disposal of everyone to make a "fresh cappuccino" every morning and the automatic machine is just a "plus".
We are looking forward to welcome you back to the Hotel delle Nazioni in the future.

Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 1 June 2013

I have stayed at this hotel a number of times and it is an excellent find in Rome! The hotel is centrally located with easy access to many attractions and points of interest. The Trevi Fountain is almost right outside the door! It is also a short distance to the Metro which gives easy access to other areas of Rome.

The hotel rooms are clean and well appointed and I have received a room upgrade on 2 of the occasions I have stayed. The staff are excellent, friendly, helpful and very welcoming.

I will happily return to the Hotel delle Nazioni!

Room Tip: Rooms on Via Poli side seem larger and rated 'superior'
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Gant02
Remarhotels, Direttore vendite at Hotel delle Nazioni, responded to this review, 10 June 2013
Dear Guest,

thank you for choosing again our hotel for your recent visit to Rome.
We are really happy to know that you've enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Hotel delle Nazioni in the future.
Thank you once again for your review.

Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 May 2013

I was sorry to read the last review for this hotel as I felt it was very unfair. The location is perfect, situated in the heart of old Rome, right by the Trevi fountain and close to lots of major attractions. It would be difficult for anyone wishing to walk around the city and see all of the sights without a base more perfect, although I'd advise taking VERY comfortable shoes, which I didn't.

The staff were delightful. I don't speak Italian but made the effort to learn the simple, polite phrases that can get you by. When you're a guest in a country this is good manners. I've learnt that in Europe you don't buy manners from staff but are afforded respect if you make the effort. If you're rude to them then expect the same back, which I suspect is what previous unsatisfied guests have found.

The hotel rooms are bijou, as you would expect from an older building, but well appointed. They are very clean and the beds are comfortable although the mattress was firm, which I liked. CNN is the only English Channel available yet it didn't bother me as I wasn't here to watch TV. My room was at the end of the corridor so didn't pick up wifi which was a bother; also close to the housekeeper's office which meant I was woken at 7am each day by moving trolleys. My own fault as I'm a light sleeper and usually take earplugs.

The food was good, in the restaurant and in the morning. Breakfast is mainly continental style with European style bacon and eggs available too. I found the staff to be incredibly polite, from the reception to housekeeping, although there was one rather rude, middle-aged woman once on reception. Apart from this I would say a perfect stay. I would heartily recommend this hotel for a visit and look forward to staying again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Remarhotels, Direttore vendite at Hotel delle Nazioni, responded to this review, 7 June 2013
Dear Sirs,

thank you very much for sharing your lovely review on Tripadvisor.
we are so thrilled that you had such a nice stay with us and we are so pleased that we were able to create such a lasting impression.
We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon to Rome and to Hotel delle Nazioni.

Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 29 May 2013

This particular hotel is within walking distance of practically everything Roma. Trevi Fountain around the corner, down the street from the Coliseum and the Pantheon. It's truly a nice hotel and very friendly staff. The rooms are clean and the beds are exceptional (for Europe). The Showers are spacious with great pressure and since it's Europe, every room has a bedet. I recommend this place without reservation. It's a very economically reasonable hotel as well.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

thank you very much for your nice review.
We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and we also thank you for your useful additional comments about the location.

Bloomington, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed 27 May 2013

We stayed in room #502 from May 14-19, 2013. The hotel staff was very friendly & helpful throughout our stay, and our room was clean and had a nice courtyard view on the top floor of the hotel. Two main complaints with the hotel: first, the bed was very hard and fairly uncomfortable. For us this wasn't great, but we also have a very nice bed at home, so we're a little spoiled. Secondly, the water temperature in the shower was very inconsistent and would vary greatly between quite cold to scalding hot no matter how I seemed to set the temperature each day.

The positives - as I previously mentioned, the staff was very friendly. The courtyard view assisted in keeping the room quiet at night and when opening the window we still had a decent amount of privacy. The breakfast had many delicious options - the chocolate filled croissants were especially good. The best part was probably the location; we were one block from the Trevi Fountain and the central location enabled us to walk everywhere - from the Vatican to the Colosseum and all around. There was also a taxi stand right outside the hotel, which was helpful when we wanted to get somewhere a little quicker.

Also, the hotel was able to arrange a car to pick us up from the airport and drop us back off. It was 65 euro for pick up and 55 euro for drop off, so maybe a little expensive, however it made the transfers much easier and stress free!

Overall I would recommend this hotel as I believe the positives outweighed the couple negatives.

Room Tip: Room 502 was great - top floor with courtyard view kept the room quiet while still being in the cent...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JKLangs
Dear Guest,

thank you for your nice review.
We are very happy that you appreciated our hotel and enjoyed your stay in Rome.
Thank you also for your advice, we really hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 18 May 2013

Our room was the size of a large coat closet. Two people bumping into each other over and over again. Had to put the suitcase behind the room door there was so little room. The pillows are like lumpy stones. Breakfast was horrible - rushed and rude staff, a small room packed with tourists trying to converge on the food, bad orange juice (from powder), stale croissants. And to top it off the place was expensive.

Room Tip: Do not stay here under any circumstances
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Wandering20082008
Remarhotels, Direttore vendite at Hotel delle Nazioni, responded to this review, 22 May 2013
Dear Guest,

we are sorry to read that you were not satisfied with your stay at Hotel delle Nazioni.
Your point of view is very different compared to all the other ones that have stayed at our hotel.
The sizes of our rooms are like the european standards, in any case we have also others largest rooms, why you didn't ask to change it during your stay.
Our breakfast room is about 150 square meters and we don't have juice from "powder".
We just hope you have stayed at the Hotel delle Nazioni and that you do not get confused with another hotel.

Uppsala, Uppsala Län, Sweden
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Nice, clean and excellent location!

The hotel is located one block away from Via del Tritone and it is difficult to find a more central location in Rome.

No barista nor any genuine capuccino, but that's the only seriously negative thing about this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business