“Very very happy with stay”

Hotel delle Nazioni
Ranked #229 of 1,257 Hotels in Rome
Saskatoon
“Very very happy with stay”
Reviewed 2 December 2013

First trip to Europe. Rome is overwhelming to the newbie traveller. Finding the hotel was an interesting experience. There are so many hotels. But once my husband and I found the hotel, we couldn't understand how we struggled to find it in the first place. We walked from the subway station. Loved our stay. Great breakfast offered. Great location, near all the shops. Near the Trevi fountain. Clean room, clean linens. Great seperate shower and bathtub in our room. Loved it!! Highly recommend. My husband and I were in Rome twice during our trip. Booked a different hotel the second time, just so we could be in a different location of Rome. But would definately stay here again!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank F P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Mission Viejo, California
Reviewed 22 November 2013

There are thousands of fine hotels all through out the city of Rome. The choices have to be limited by location, cost and availability. It is most difficult to find 1 or 2 places that offer charm,location and reasonable price.We have been to Rome on more than one occasion so we know how difficult it can be to find what you need at the price you can afford. The hotel is not big but it is located close enough to the Trevi Fountain to be very handy and far enough from it to not have all the noise of the people around the fountain. The staff was the best part.The room was great, clean and well kept. The had their own bar and small inside/outside restaurant.The food was good , the bar was great, and the staff was even better. If we have one complaint, the cook that made the morning meal did not like eggs (what a shame)otherwise everything else was good. The service staff was really great.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank bigFootzx
Stockholm, Stockholms Län, Sweden
Reviewed 18 November 2013

I was a bit mixed to give the hotel a "Very Good" or a "Poor" rating and I think I need to split up the hotel from the staff so that I do not penalise the actual hotel because of 2 staff members who need to get out of this industry, and it is because of these staff that they get an "average" rating from me.

We arrived at the hotel, which is perfectly situated up the road from the Trevi Fountain. So location wise the hotel is really well located in central Rome. The rooms are sufficient for European standards, although the TV we had in the room was amazingly small. I could have sworn that my iPad had a bigger screen, but let us be realistic ... we are not going for business (or pleasure) to Rome to watch TV in a hotel room considering even that all programs are dubbed into Italian.

The room was on the second floor and came with an internet code so that we could also work from the room, although we could hear some people downstairs walking in the road, it did not really bother us as we were again, not spending our days in the hotel room.

The room was clean and acceptable.

Right next door to the hotel they have their own little out door restaurant/drinking area, where we decided to have a little drink. This was very pleasant and the staff were really nice.

Breakfast was included which was sufficiently supplied with what was needed to kick off your day, and again it is not a 5 star Hilton, but it is a sufficient buffet with some hot and cold foods. I can suggest to stay away from the orange juice or any of their juices which really did not taste that good. The coffee was "ok" to wake you up, but is a typical auto cappuccino dispenser if you want to call it that. So if you really want a great coffee, then go out and find a real Italian espresso or cappuccino, but we were there for a couple of days and went every morning to get our breakfast in the hotel, it was acceptable.

Where the hotel goes totally south is who is at the reception desk. We had, the first day we booked in, a really nice older gentleman who spoke nicely and guided us through all the processes, however when we came down from checking into our room, he had obviously gone off shift and a new younger arrogant male reception person was there, who at that stage was giving a new tourist guest a mouth full. I did not really hear the whole discussion so ignored it, until it was my turn and I asked a simple directions question, to also be "reprimanded" for asking such a stupid question. EXCUSE ME .. i am your guest here and i will ask anything I wish and you shall answer me in a manner which is considered human.

Needless to say during our 3 day stay there we had noticed the difference between the two as to how they treated any guest. The older gentleman treated all his guests as he should, the younger one treated all the guests as if they were aliens entering his own little domain and why you as a non Italian were even in his country. It ended up that we would rather wait for the older person to serve us or not ask any questions, which is really ridiculous.

To top it all off, as we checked out we had taken a few things from the minibar and let the person at the cash desk know, who gave us a total account of about 80 Euro. I questioned this as it was one bottle of sparking wine & water we had taken, to be told that it also included the state taxes, which then made it acceptable in my eyes, to give them my credit card to pay, to be told: Oh no, we do not take credit card for taxes you have to pay cash. Again I am dumb founded and said that I had never heard of this in my entire life and that I do not walk around with cash that the company gives me and that there was a credit card machine on the desk, which meant they had to accept credit cards. Again I had to get into an argument for 5 minutes as to why I should be allowed to pay by credit card instead of going to find an ATM to draw cash of my company credit card, but ended up paying with my credit card as I was not backing down.

So overall if you get the right staff on the reception counter, then you will have a great stay. if you get the wrong staff your stay can be horribly spoiled.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Eric R
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 11 November 2013

A clean and well-run hotel where the staff really take care of the guests. Although room was with the view to the next building wall it was a good size room for the European standard and with good bathroom with bath/shower. And when you have a Trevi Fountain at your door steps literally, who cares about the room view. This time we were able to find a time space where fountain was almost empty and had a great pictures (tips: go there at 8 a.m. it pretty empty and have a great pictures). Location is perfect for everything. We walked almost to every main attractions: Colosseum, Forum, Spanish Steps, Plazza Navona, etc. Taxi rank just outside the hotel but hotel staff can call you taxi anytime from the reception so you don't need to step outside until taxi is at the door. We took taxi to Vatican but then decided to walk back to see around and hotel was not far at all. Not to mention the main shopping street is around the corner from the hotel. Breakfast was not that great, not much variety and could be tastier. Overall would definitely stay there again, good value for money and location could not be bitten.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Bucharest
Reviewed 7 November 2013 via mobile

I had a very bad experience 2 weeks ago in Delle Nazioni hotel. I arrive with my daughter and my wife in The hotel and we receive a room at the last floor just under the roof.The room was very small, we can leave with this, but in the night in Rome was very cold , around 12 Celsius, and my fantastical daughter got a cold, and my wife was shivering. In the morning, after a unslept night, we ask the receptionist to change the room or to switch on the heating, they told us its a law in Italy that do not allow them to switch on the heating before 15nov. We tell them its not possible to sleep at 15 celcius , we call our travel agent, we try to recover the payment of the room and the call police. Conclusion : if its possible please AVOID DELLE NAZIONI

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Sorin D
Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed 2 November 2013

The hotel was clean and comfortable. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Great location and rates. Everything was within walking distance. For further trips there is a taxi stand just outside the front door.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 October 2013 via mobile

A clean and well-run hotel where the staff really take care of the guests. We had personal service with staff going the extra mile, over and above expected. Nothing too much trouble. Location is perfect at a stone's throw from the Trevi Fountain. Will definitely be back.

• Stayed October 2013