Have just come back from 4 nights at the Crowne Plaza and have to say they were very relaxing and enjoyable.
The hotel is a distance from Rome, but that actually makes it better than some of the hotels which are inside the city. The reason for this is that the hotel has a lot more space to play with and this includes a swimming pool, gym, tennis courts and Spa.
Check-in was quick and efficient. My first hint here though is getting to the airport from the hotel. It mentions on the website a hotel shuttle, this only runs up to 17:45 after that you either need to get a private driver from the hotel or a taxi. I took a taxi which came to €45 for the trip and took about 30 mins. We did take the shuttle bus back to the airport and it was very useful.
The room as nice, if a little small compared to some hotels I have stayed in. We had a balcony over looking the swimming pool area which was good, although the chairs on the balcony could have been more comfortable.
The decoration of the room was a little old looking as was a lot of the hotel, but this seems to fit in with Italy itself, it could probably do with an update.
I will say that the TV channels were quite limiting, not something you should worry about but... In the end we actually watched more streamed than we did the TV as you only had CNN and BBC World News as English speaking channels on the TV. The wireless was very good though.
We ate twice in the hotel, both in the evenings and have to say the food was excellent. The single meat and fish plate from the buffet was great value for money and the quality was very good. We didn't try the breakfast.
As I have said the hotel is outside of Rome and this does mean that to see anything you have to get into Rome. There are a number of options. About 30mins walk from the hotel there is a metro station which takes you straight into the middle of Rome. This costs €1.50 for a single trip and there are stations near all the major sites.
You can also book places on the hotels own shuttle bus for €1 which either takes you next to the Vatican in the morning or to the city in the afternoon evening.n We did use this one day to get to the Vatican.
It is worth exploring the local area as there are a couple of supermarkets near by which are useful.
All in all the hotel is a good base to explore Rome from. Coming back to a swimming pool in the evenings is a very good thing to be able to do and not something you could do in many of the city centre hotels.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An upscale hotel with a tranquil garden, an outdoor pool and convenient transport links to Rome’s historic heart. Crowne Plaza® Rome - St. Peter's hotel offers guests easy access to the city centre via our scheduled shuttle service or public transport just outside the hotel. If you're travelling to or from Fiumicino Airport (FCO), reserve your seat on our shuttle bus or book a private transfer. Closest metro station Cornelia is just over 1km from the hotel. World-famous attractions such as Rome’s Vatican Museums and the Sistine Chapel – home to Michelangelo’s spectacular frescoes – are all within reach. The hotel is just steps away from Villa Pamphili city park and a few minutes from the old neighbourhood of Trastevere. Business travellers have access to a 24-hour Business Centre and 13 modern meeting rooms. Our dedicated Crowne Plaza Meetings Director takes care of all your event needs. The hotel is Completely Connected, and our Fast & Fresh meal options keep you focused and productive. Our airy rooms offer balconies and free WiFi and a Sleep Advantage® programme, including premium bedding, Quiet Zones and Guaranteed Wake Up Calls. Sip a drink in our relaxed poolside bar, enjoy Italian or international cuisine in our full-service restaurant. Pamper yourself in our wellness centre which is open to all guest over 16 years of age. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , Priceline, Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Southall Travel, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Crowne Plaza Rome - St. Peter's reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Rome St. Peter`s Hotel Rome
- Crowne Plaza Rome St Peters
- Crowne Plaza St Peters