We stayed here on our first night with a bus tour, leaving next day for So. Italy. Excellent hotel as far as cleanliness, size of room, amenities, bathroom, etc. However, as many other reviewers have said, it was not an easy walk to sights. We thought we could walk to the Castle St. Angelo, but didn't get far and realized we were uncomfortable on the tiny sidewalk/pathway vs. close-to-us traffic.
We know they had a free shuttle to the town centre, but it did not drop people close to our destination. We would have ventured out, but had dinner appointment time with the tour, so not enough time when we didn't know where we were going or how much time was needed. When we left on our tour bus for dinner, we saw how far it was to the Castle and realized we could never have walked it.....not only the distance, but the way to get there.
However, another couple of the tour took the free shuttle into Rome and said it was a 20 min. walk from there to the Castle, so if we had another day in Rome, we would have done so.
This is a perfect hotel for a stopover or a "just staying for the night til our tour leaves." We would have liked to stayed another day, as we would have taken advantage of the free shuttle and gone into the historic area. We would opt for this very good hotel, with large room at that location, vs. staying close to sights and not having such a good room and amenities, especially since the hotel offered free shuttle into historic area. This was the only hotel on our tour that had tea kettle & coffee maker in our room.
We did not eat at the hotel's restaurant, but several people on our tour did -- said the food was excellent and one man raved about a chocolate dessert.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An upscale hotel with a tranquil garden, an outdoor pool and convenient transport links to Rome’s historic heart. Crowne Plaza® Rome - St. Peter's hotel offers guests easy access to the city centre via our scheduled shuttle service or public transport just outside the hotel. If you're travelling to or from Fiumicino Airport (FCO), reserve your seat on our shuttle bus or book a private transfer. Closest metro station Cornelia is just over 1km from the hotel. World-famous attractions such as Rome’s Vatican Museums and the Sistine Chapel – home to Michelangelo’s spectacular frescoes – are all within reach. The hotel is just steps away from Villa Pamphili city park and a few minutes from the old neighbourhood of Trastevere. Business travellers have access to a 24-hour Business Centre and 13 modern meeting rooms. Our dedicated Crowne Plaza Meetings Director takes care of all your event needs. The hotel is Completely Connected, and our Fast & Fresh meal options keep you focused and productive. Our airy rooms offer balconies and free WiFi and a Sleep Advantage® programme, including premium bedding, Quiet Zones and Guaranteed Wake Up Calls. Sip a drink in our relaxed poolside bar, enjoy Italian or international cuisine in our full-service restaurant. Pamper yourself in our wellness centre which is open to all guest over 16 years of age. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Expedia, Southall Travel, Ebookers, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Crowne Plaza Rome - St. Peter's reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Rome St. Peter`s Hotel Rome
- Crowne Plaza Rome St Peters
- Crowne Plaza St Peters