“Surprising and good”

Crowne Plaza Rome - St. Peter's
Ranked #182 of 1,267 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

How the three person reception staff can handle that many guests at once is amazing. The staff at all of the restaurants and bars were fantastic and very personable. Turned out to be our best stay in Italy.

• Stayed: August 2014
Grillid, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Rome - St. Peter's, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Dear ThiloKaufmann,

Thank you for your review and to have chosen our Crowne Plaza Rome St. Peter’s.

I am delighted to read such a gleaming report about the efficiency of our reception staff that even when overburdened and busy, they do their utmost to satisfy the guests’ needs in a nice manner.

I have passed on your kind words to all the team here at the hotel.

It is our goal to consistently provide customer satisfaction and your comments are very important to us.

The feedback we receive from valued guests like yourself, enables us to keep up the good work.

I hope you will join us again in the near future for more of our excellent service that we pride ourselves in delivering to our guests.

With best regards,

There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza Rome - St. Peter's

Reviewed 16 August 2014

It wasn't terrible. The staff were helpful and did their best when often understaffed.

The biggest problem for us was the inadequate aircon. It barely cooled the room at all. We asked for a new room, thinking it may be faulty, but the other one was the same.

The food in the restaurant was disappointing and expensive. My top tip would be to use the restaurant just outside the hotel entrance, which is fantastic.

My son cut his foot quite badly on glass in the pool. Fortunately a German dr ( a guest) helped us, but when I asked for further first aid from reception, I was quite surprised at how unconcerned they were, and what limited kit they had available. They made no offer to find further bandages etc and appeared not to care at all about what had happened. I just hope they managed to find what had cut his foot so that other guests didn't have similar accidents.

We had to queue for breakfast each morning, and the poor staff were doing their best, but it was almost stressful going in there to eat!

We have stayed at Crowne Plazas before, and my husband uses them for v work, but this one was definitely not of the same standard.

2  Thank HJFC2014

Dear HJFC2014,

Thank you for your feedback in which you drew my attention to your experience while guest at Crowne Plaza Rome St. Peter's.

First of all I’m very sorry for the inconvenience occurred to your son and rest assured that we have already forwarded your comment to our lifeguard in order to check accurately and find out any problem by the pool.

I regret that your stay was marred by the issues you have mentioned above.

I assure you I will be taking these matters up with all department heads so that we can address them.

My aim is that every guest enjoys their time with us as much as possible and I am very sorry that your stay with us was not what it should have been.

Enjoying our food and beverage offer whilst staying at the Crowne Plaza Rome St. Peter’s is very much part of the overall experience so we will continue to work hard.

I hope that one day you will decide to visit us again so that I and my team can offer you a welcome and stay that you will remember for the right reasons.

With kind regards,

Reviewed 16 August 2014

Stayed at the Crowne Plaza for 4 nights with my boyfriend. Overall the hotel is very nice and I would recommend others to stay at Crowne Plaza and I will come back some day.
Nice with the shuttle bus to city centre (1,5 €). Drops you off very close to restaurants etc. But we took the public buses from the hotel, as the run right outside the hotel and it gives you more flexibility to go in to the city.
Big outside pool and nice indoor spa area also with pool, sauna, steam room etc.
The rooms are very clean and has a decent size, but the bed is a bit hard for me.
The girls at the reception were very nice and we had a smooth check in.
Would not recommend eating at the restaurant, only if you are to tired to go some were else, as the food wasn't good. The breakfast hours was a big chaos and very stressful. And not very good breakfast.

Overall - A GREAT HOTEL for sightseeing in Rome!!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Malenehen

Dear Malenehen,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your positive feedback on your recent stay and to have chosen our Crowne Plaza Rome St. Peter’s.

We are very glad to know that we met your expectations an learn your appreciation about our hotel, comfort and cleanliness of the rooms, efficiency of the staff.

We have discussed the points you raised about the quality of the food and service with our Restaurant Manager and Executive Chef and as a result we are confident they will take the necessary steps to continue to improve their services and quality.

Once again, we appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us and we hope to see you at Crowne Plaza Rome St. Peters again in the future.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

We stayed here for a few days before and after our cruise. Check in was quick and easy. The room was very nice. We called the front desk with an issue about the air conditioner and someone came up to fix it within two minutes. After that the air conditioner worked great. We got two bottles of complementary water a day which was nice. The business center was convenient for printing off documents and checking email. The restaurant there was very good and the staff was friendly. The hotel is away from the city center but we didn't have an issue with it. We talked to the front desk about the bus which stops right outside the hotel. They told us what stops would take us where we wanted to go. They also have an airport shuttle.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear TasaTova,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and to have chosen the Crowne Plaza Rome-St. Peter’s.

We are very glad to know that you had a pleasant stay and learn your appreciation about our Hotel, facilities and staff. I have shared your review with my whole team. We are very much grateful for your compliments!

The feedback we receive from experienced and valued guests like yourself, enables us to keep up the good work.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Rome, very soon hopefully.

With best regards,

Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

We chose this hotel so that we could see the sights of Rome and come back for a swim in the afternoon. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and were well looked after from beginning to end by all the staff. We had a family room and although there weren't 4 towels on arrival this was quickly rectified. The bath was v small. I'm 5 ft 3 and couldn't fit in it. It's a shame that space was compromised on the bathroom front (hence 4 out of 5 rating)
Some general tips:
- Don't pay for the full American breakfast. The continental is plentiful and much cheaper.
- It's 5 Euros for a sprite/coke but have sparkling water for much less.
- The food is superb and great value in both poolside and main restaurant. We rarely ate out because it was good enough not too. Portions were good size
- The pool gets v busy so to bag a sunbed get to breakfast by 8 and queuing for the pool by 8.45!
-Take advantage of the shuttle buses. We were baffled as to why one dropped off on the edge of the historic centre but no where near any of the sights. Prepare for a long walk. Would have preferred it dropped at Termini station meaning you could get metro/train and be central to most sights
- Use the shuttle if you can as taxi is expensive and public transport although cheap is a risk (husband was mugged on metro).
- The walk to nearest metro (Cornelia) is quite a trek and longer than people have previously stated (25 mins) Would not do it at dusk! Buses are pretty good.
Special mentions to Veronica (breakfast manager) and Valerio the Restaurant Manager both giving excellent customer service. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank Charlieandgem

Dear Charlieandgem,

Thank you for your positive feedback and to have chosen again the Crowne Plaza Rome St. Peter for your stay in Rome!

I am delighted to read such a gleaming report about our Hotel, service and facilities.

I have shared your comments with my whole team (especially Veronica and Valerio) as you have mentioned their excellent level of service. We are very much grateful for your compliments!

Your advice and suggestions will be of great help for future guests in order to get more familiar with location, connections and our facilities.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

We have just arrived back from 6 nights at the Crowne Plaza, St Peters, Rome. The staff could not do enough for you and Veronica at breakfast was particularly helpful. We had a quadruple room which was more than adequate for the 4 of us (2 children 11 and 8). The hotel was v clean and the rooms were tied and cleaned well. We had numerous issues with our safe and we rang reception each time and within minutes the technician sorted it for us.
You can purchase WIFI be warned though you are out of range by the pool!!!

Pool - The outdoor pool was great and very welcomed as it was so very hot. There is a small children's pool and a 20m adult pool but beware the deep end is v v deep (3.75m)! Towels are provided at the poolside. It does get very busy by the pool so get there early or v late on in the day!!!

Getting around - The hotel is approx 25 mins from Fuminico Airport and 20 mins on the bus to the city centre and 12 mins on the bus to the Vatican. The buses are located just outside to the right of the hotel and go every 10 mins the 881 and 98. The hotel also had its own shuttle service but not as frequent as the local buses. Regardless what transport you use its 1.50 euros each way , under 10's free! Taxis are also readily available but we preferred doing the 'local' thing!!!

Sights - be warned buy your coliseum tickets and vatican museum tickets before you go otherwise you will be waiting hours in the queues!!! We just went in so it was great as we did not want to be standing in a queue in 34 degree heat!!! Its really easy to get from site to site by foot or there are buses or the metro.

Food - the breakfast at the hotel was great - all you could want for all different tastes and diets!!! Full english, continental - quite busy but tables were made available quickly.
We went out to eat for dinner - we would recommend nearby the hotel La Nocetta - a 10 min walk. Just right next door is the Autoria - it was ok.
In town the road to choose for restaurants and ambience is Via del Governo Vecchio. We ate at Pasquino Cafe - it was very nice.
Our favourite - about a 10 min bus ride from the hotel is Gustosando v v nice and v v reasonable you can choose whichever type of pasta with whichever type of sauce!!! Really good portions too! www.risorantegustosando.com

Gelato - its a must and if you are like me and don't do ice cream there are loads of sorbets to choose from too!!! You must head to the Magnum store - to decorate your own magnum 4 euros for one but worth the experience. We tried many gelateria's and pleased with all of them but "della Palma' has 150 flavours so it pleases everyone and includes soya ice cream too. It is on Via Campo Marzio. A typical 2 scoop ice cream will cost you 3/4 euros.

So all in all a very pleasing break - you can do Rome in less time but we choose to do some pool days too so it was nice and relaxing. Highly recommended!!!

Dear Sharon J,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your positive feedback on your recent stay and to have chosen our Crowne Plaza Rome St. Peter’s!

We are very glad to know that we met your expectations an learn your appreciation about our hotel, location, cleanliness, comfort, facilities and staff. I have shared your comment with my whole team (especially Veronica). We are very much grateful for your compliments!

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Rome.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

I recently reviewed this hotel during my stay there and said that it did not meet Crowne Plaza standards. The review was as follows: ==== Really disappointed. At the moment spending 4 reward nights at Crowne Plaza, St Peters in Rome Italy and am sad to report that this hotel does not live up to Crowns Plaza standards. Have stayed in several during the last year and this is far from the expected. Complimentary water is only offered for the first night. Air conditioning has very poor efficiency. Temperature in the room goes no lower than 25C. Broken bathroom bulb not replaced during the day. No teaspoons at breakfast. First room offered a disaster - Noisy, due to location directly close to hotel main air conditioning, view over roof in bad condition. No platinum upgrade. Very bad check-in experience, arrived at 12:30, room not ready, went to town for 2,5 h, room still not ready, waited 0,5 h more then got the above mentioned room. Asked them to prepare the room for 3 persons, nothing happened. Then asked again and finally something was done. Not really what you expect from a 4 star hotel, specially a Crowne Plaza ===== As the hotel management handled my complaints very professionally after I submitted the review, I would like to put in a good word for them. At least the handling was of 4 star class. Also the breakfast experience the following days had seen quite an improvement. Of course this should have been right in the first place, but there was a definite will to improve. Hope for the best in the future!

Room Tip: Highest floor seem to be warmed up by the sun a lot and as the A/C is undersized you will have a ver...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Grillid, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Rome - St. Peter's, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Dear Dag_Finland,

Thank you very much for your revised review after our reaction.

To begin with I’d like to take this opportunity to apologize for any inconvenience you experienced whilst our guest.

We are thrilled to hear that at the end overall we meet your expectations.

Our aim is that every guest who visits us enjoys their stay as fully and as richly as possible. I regret your stay with us was perhaps not what it should have been from the beginning. I trust that should you ever return to Rome, you will consider giving me an opportunity to counter your criticisms by visiting us again. I assure you that my team and I will do our utmost to extend a welcome and a stay that you will remember for the right reasons.

With Kind regards,