“A great stay at a great hotel”

Crowne Plaza Rome - St. Peter's
Ranked #193 of 1,258 Hotels in Rome
Cranleigh. England
“A great stay at a great hotel”
Reviewed 23 June 2009

My wife and I had a great 3 night weekend at the Crowne Plaza. We found the hotel and staff to a high standard. Our room was well appointed and in very good condition, comfortable bed and very nice bathroom. We were very lucky to have 3 days of great weather and made good use of the fabulous outdoor pool. We had dinner in both the Hotel restaurant and the restaurant next door each were very good. This hotel is 3km from Vatican City and 5km from the centre of Rome, the hotel shuttle bus is very good but is first come first served, there is a good bus service right outside the hotel which will take you to the Metro station in just a few minutes (we walked twice which only took 15 minutes).
We are quite fussy about hotels but could find nothing of fault here worthy of mention, providing you don't want to be slap bang in the middle of Rome we can highly recommend the Crowne Plaza.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Chris2234

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (358)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Rochester, NY
Reviewed 22 June 2009

Went with a tour group and the room was clean and smelled good (which I can't say for all of the hotels we stayed at). There were no surprises; our beds were clean and our towels were fresh. We went on this vacation KNOWING that the purpose of our hotel was to clean up and sleep, NOT to live in. Maybe others have different expectations, but I can say that it was a standard hotel. It was a few minutes out of the city~~ we took the bus for around 2 or 3 Euro. I would definitely reccomend this to my American friends, who may not be as versed in the "European" style of many of the hotels....... this one has it's own bathroom, a hairdryer, a refrigerator and an ice machine.... MANY of the hotels in Europe do NOT carry these amenities.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with friends
2 Thank amyb3517
London
Reviewed 16 June 2009

I stayed at the Crowne Plaza, St Peters for a conference in June and I was extremely happy with the rooms and service that was provided. The breakfast was perfect, not only did they serve continental breakfast you could also have hot food, which is perfect if you’re spending the day exploring Rome. The swimming pool was an added bonus, when its 30 degree temperatures it’s quite nice to have a pool to relax by if necessary. The hotel is not walking distance to the centre, but they provide a free shuttle bus which takes you direct to the centre, the last bus back is 22:15pm but a taxi costs approximately EUR10. Although I liked this hotel, I’m not sure I would pay my own money to stay here, as I feel it is very expensive compared to what you can find in a central location.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank Chez_London
Crisfield, Maryland
Reviewed 1 June 2009

This is a 5 star hotel in every way. My husband and I had the wonderful experience of being guests at the Crowne Plaza Rome-St. Peter's for two evenings this May. From the moment we walked into the lobby; we knew we had made the correct choice in a hotel. Besides having an immaculately clean, spacious, tastefully appointed and comfortable room -- the grounds are just beautiful groomed. The staff was helpful and eager to suggest places of interest and things to do while in Rome. The hotel provides a free shuttle service that runs back and forth to town several times a day. What we saved in taxi fares we able to to extend as a tip to the shuttle driver, who was genuinely appreciative to receive. ( We have found in past at other hotels; drivers acted as if they hated people -- they could not smile or speak to the guests.) Not that way at the Crowne Plaza !
As for Front Office staff - they are just the best. I want to especially make mention of Simonetta Bogudi. This woman is amazing, when I first met her -- she had been busy filling guests requests and reservations. When it was my turn --- she greeted me in a very professional and kind manner. Which would be difficult for many other hotel front staff -- the three guests before me in line were rude and very demanding. She did not let them affect her -- you would have thought I was her first guest that day. She was so calm and greeted me with kindess and respect. The Crowne Plaza will be our only choice hotel in the future; and meeting Simonetta played a hugh factor in that decision. We were so impressed that we will be returning for five evenings this month; and back again mid November for about week. Everyone was so kind, we are looking forward to our next stay. The Crowne Plaza will have our business forever !! We have recommended your hotel to others and a couple we told about you just ended a weekend stay on May 22. They thanked us and said if they ever find themselves in Rome again -- you will be their hotel also. Keep up the great job ! Sincerely, Gwyndalyn Cinaglia, from Crisfield, Maryland, USA

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
Damascus
Reviewed 19 May 2009

Comparing to Rome's overpriced hotels, I recommend this hotel. It is clean and nice, and it is amazing to relax at the indoor pool and health club after a long day of sight seeing in Rome, (it closes a bit early though 9 PM). No idea about the outdoor pool because I went in winter.

Two bad things: First of all, the hotel is a little far to the city center. Do NOT take taxi it is too expensive. The bus to Vatican pass just next to the hotel and from there you can easily go the city center or take the amazing tour buses which go through Rome's attraction for 16 Euros. However, I don't think the bus services are available at night. The hotel free shuttles stops some where in the city that is not close at all to the city center, we used it at got lost, I prefer the public buses.

The other bad thing is that even though we made a reservation through the hotel's website, they needed 30 minutes to find our reservation !!!???!!

In summary, personally I would stay again in this hotel despite its far location from city center for its cleanness and health club and spa, rather than paying the same money for a 3 star dirty hotel in city center.

• Stayed December 2008, travelled with friends
2 Thank roudy100
moscow
Reviewed 16 May 2009

we reserved room with balcony but received on the undergr foor without it
very goo reception smiling and fast
hooskeeping make minimum service..i never see such laizy service before
good breakfast but no big choice... quality of food medium
cofee s bad.
good location, good- free parking
very noicy morning time...i heared voice from other room their wack up call etc

• Stayed May 2009, travelled on business
LA, USA
Reviewed 13 May 2009

Ending a Smithsonian Tour at the Crowne Plaza, Rome-St Peters, my colleague and I extended our trip to enjoy Rome. The hotel personnel were accommodating in acquiring reservations for the Borghese Museum, and assisting us in our travel plans to Bologna. They welcomed us on our return. The breakfast buffet was extraordinary, the staff friendly and helpful...having the Times newspaper for us each morning was a real treat!!!

• Stayed April 2009