“Clean, inexpensive and great location”
Review of Hotel Corot

Hotel Corot
Ranked #591 of 1,256 Hotels in Rome
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
“Clean, inexpensive and great location”
Reviewed 26 August 2013

I have stayed at the Hotel Corot three times now and I have always been impressed with the rooms and location. It is close to the train and subway terminal which works great for seeing Rome and the rest of Italy. Not all the rooms are equal in size so make sure that you ask for the right room for the size of family that will be staying.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Christopher R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Melbourne
Reviewed 23 August 2013

I stayed at this Hotel on three separate occasions in July. It was a convenient location to return to after travelling to other parts of Italy by train. The reception staff were friendly, polite and helpful at all times, even minding my large suitcase for 4 days at no extra cost while I did a trip to the Amalfi Coast. A continental breakfast was available with a variety of options. The room was clean with a comfortable bed and bathroom with supplied toiletries etc. It was also airconditioned. It is very close to the Termini (main) station of Italy, plus the Terravision bus that takes you to the airport. There were food outlets and a grocery store at the station. I was very happy with this place. (I also stayed at this hotel, pre and post cruise back in January-very pleased with these stays too.)

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank 50plustropicallover
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 19 August 2013

If you want a safe, clean, decent, not fancy place to stay that is an easy one-block walk from the Roma Termini train station, I recommend Hotel Corot. I spent just one night here, but it would be fine for a longer stay if you don't plan to spend much time in your room. I had a twin bed, which had a firm mattress, but I like it that way. The room was well equipped, with a TV, hairdryer, and better toiletries than usual for an inexpensive hotel... even a small toothbrush and slippers were provided. The bathroom was clean and modern, with a small-to-average size shower stall, no bathtub. There was a decent sized closet with a small desk and mini fridge.

Don't expect a view... my window opened onto an ugly courtyard, but it didn't matter because I arrived after dark and checked out early the next morning to catch my train to the Rome Airport. Also, I had no control over the A/C... I had to call the front desk to get it turned on, but they did so right away and the preset temperature was very comfortable for me.

The people working the desk were efficient and helpful. The setup was a little strange, because to get to my room (101), I exited the office of Hotel Corot and walked through the office area of the hotel next door. The two hotels share a small,old-fashioned elevator, with one hotel's rooms being to the right of the elevator and the other hotel's rooms to the left.

I could hear some noise from adjoining rooms, but it wasn't very loud, and there was no street noise because I was on the courtyard side of the building. I usually bring earplugs when I travel, and they completely blocked the low level of noise that I was hearing.

The included breakfast was adequate-to-good ... there were a couple of meats and cheeses, cereal, yogurt, fruit, hard boiled eggs, toast, and some pre-wrapped pastries. I didn't try the coffee. The juices were from concentrate, but drinkable. There was a staff person in the breakfast room who was attentive if you needed anything.

There is a grocery store that sells wine and beer on the outside of Termini station. There are a few souvenir shops around the corner from the hotel, across from Termini. The neighborhood had a couple of non-Italian ethnic restaurants, including an Asian/sushi place. Some of the local restaurants seemed touristy with tourist, but I had a GREAT non-touristy dinner at the Grotta Azzura restaurant, just a few blocks away. I posted a separate review on that restaurant... it's well worth the short, pleasant walk.

Room Tip: Room 101 has a single twin bed and faces an ugly, but relatively quiet courtyard. It's not far...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Kleetampa
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 6 August 2013

We, family of 4, 2 kids, 3 huge luggage, flew into Rome on Thursday night and left on Saturday morning to the cruise port, so this place is ideal if you need to be very close to the Termini for a short stay, as you can see on Google map, it is just 2 minutes off a side street right out of the northern entrance. For dinner, we walked 2-3 blocks at night, the neighborhood was surprisingly quiet for being so close to the main train station but still felt safe at all time, and you can find reasonably priced restaurants closed by. We originally booked a quad room, but when we arrived, they gave us 2 rooms, which is a big plus. The rooms were clean, though the furnishing is getting old, but it is good for the price. The breakfast, which is included, is very good and complete, what needs to be high light is the waitress, always with a smile, and on the second morning, she already remembered and asked my expresso order before I sat down, when I was finished and just about to order the second one, she was bringing it to me before I have asked, excellent service. Check in/out was speedy and have wifi in my room. Highly recommend for short stay near Termini.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 August 2013

My daughter and I stayed at this Hotel after reading the reviews about it. I was a bit nervous at first as it was situated so close to Rome Termini and was not sure what the area would be like. I wanted to be near the station though as we were traveling around Italy and returning to Rome at the end of our trip.
This Hotel was ideal, the owner was extremely helpful, the rooms were clean with great air conditioning which was needed in the 40 degree heat and the location was perfect.
We even spent an evening eating out in the street behind the hotel which was really pleasant and found the waiters really friendly.
I would highly recommend this Hotel if you are staying in Rome and need to be near the station.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank julliette b
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 July 2013

I did not stay here!!

I was at the adjacent hotel and Hotel Corot were extremely helpful to me in allowing me to use their wifi for free

staying at the hotel next door, i know that the location is excellent and just a few seconds walk from the east exit of Termini train station

Hotel corot looks very nice for a 3 star

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed 24 June 2013

I and my family arrived at the hotel on Sunday morning, knowing that the time was soon thought to wait for the room, but after a small and fast check-in (while two men were talking loudly), we were greeted with a smile of a young boy who made ​​us feel at home explaining all you need.
inside the room we found the bathtub wonderful, the room refined and very quiet, too bad we did not find in the bathroom additional leverage. our judgment is certainly positive and recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: once arrived at the hotel ask for Salvatore
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Luciano P, Direttore generale at Hotel Corot, responded to this review, 28 July 2013
Dear yuka k,
I want to thanky you to have spent your time to write this review.
We are very happy that you have been pleased for our service and room.
Unfortunatly I don't undersatnd who you are talking about people talking loudly. In case of our staff, this would very serious, and I qive my apologyze. On the contrary, unfortunatly the education is very rare among the people. I can't responsible for other clients, but I give my apologize anyway.

Io hope to have again with us.
Warmest regards