“RUDE staff”

Ranked #584 of 1,291 Hotels in Rome
Adelaide, Australia
“RUDE staff”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

upon arrival we were given our room key and told the password to the wifi. the lift to our floor was unavailable and we were made to carry our own luggage to the 2nd floor. once settled in our room we felt a little warm. my partner looked for the remote or switch to the air conditioner... only to find a note explaining to us that we needed to call down to hotel reception and ask to put the air con on. we then tried calling home via our viber app only to find the wifi signal was non existant so i proceeded down the stairs to the lobby to see if the signal would improve. it did. i was then approached my the male staff member who told me NOT to use my samsung phone as it was using ALL the wifi connection? weird. i then heard him speaking to a co worker, in full view of myself, in italian. Unfortunately for him he did not realise i was of italian descent, could understand every word he was saying, it was extremely rude and directed at me. we checked out immediately.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Adarbs2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

It was much below our expectation. It doesn't have a proper reception, oldest possible lift sufficient for two persons, oldest possible TV and no centralized AC. Every time we had to ask to put on the useless split AC. The steps were full of dust. Its not a hotel, looks like a poor hostel..never stay if you are looking for a comfortable stay in Rome...

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Rome hotels

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

I stayed here 4 nights recently and just loved this place!!!! It was literally RIGHT ACROSS THE STREET from Termini Station which made arrival and departure from the station a breeze. (It is also just across the street from the metro stop and local bus lines.) There is a shopping mall in the station with shops and restaurants open late so that was really convenient, too! The staff was simply wonderful and helpful at every chance. My room was spotlessly clean with LOTS and LOTS of built-in storage, drawers, etc. and the bathroom had new pristine fixtures with lots of hot water, towels and good water pressure. I always was stuffed at breakfast with a good selection of cold meats and cheeses, hard boiled eggs, cereals, yogurt and many different pastries. The sweet girls working the breakfast shift make up fresh whatever breakfast drink you want !!! Another HUGE plus for me was they have a locked luggage storage room which was perfect as I wanted to do some sightseeing between checkout and a late train. I give the COROT top marks for EVERYTHING!!!!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Marti C
Bettendorf, Iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

My friend and I stayed at this hotel for just one night. Our room was quaint with a nice bathroom and shower big enough to actually use...which isn't always the case in Europe. It was clean and the staff were friendly and helpful. The breakfast is very nice with staff that offer to make espresso for you. Traditional European fare; meats, cheese, hard boiled eggs, juice, croissants and other baked goods. Wifi was reliable.
There is an elevator. Small of course, but it's functional.
This hotel is a good, clean, economical option with easy access to the train station for making connections to other cities in Rome.
I would stay there again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Hoddyso
Cleveland, OH
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

Stayed three nights at the Hotel Corot. It is located literally steps from track 1 of the Termini station making it very convenient for traveling via train, metro or the multitude of busses parked in front of the station. There are also several good restaurants nearby. Overall, the hotel is not the most modern with a very tiny elevator, but basically clean, quiet and a good value. Service was above average, particularly by the always friendly breakfast server, who also brought our bags up to our room at check-in. She was cheery and efficient and remembered our preferences after the first morning, always offering us freshly-made cappuccino or hot chocolate (rather than the stuff from the push-button machine). Breakfast was good, particularly by typical Italian standards, with very yummy fresh pastries, rolls, cheese, cold cuts, hard-boiled eggs, yoghurt, cereal and fruit. Free wi-fi worked well. The room was good sized (we had a quad) and the bathroom clean (except for a q-tip that stayed lodged in the floor drain), but had very little shelf space and no hooks (a pet-peeve of mine). It was quite crowded for four adults. The room got a bit stuffy in the evenings, and you needed to call the front desk, and they turned on the A/C for a while to cool the room down. Check-out was handled efficiently, but note, even if you've paid for the room via credit card online, that the Rome hotel tax must be paid in cash at check-out. The Hotel Corot is not anything special, but a good, well-located, choice in the Termini neighborhood.

I would recommend two nearby restaurants: 1) Da Nazzareno (almost connected to the hotel; friendly service, good food, nice outdoor dining area) and 2) Trattoria al Varesino a bit further down the street (closed Saturdays; I've eaten at this family-run restaurant every trip to Rome since 1979; among the many wonderful choices, they have excellent spaghetti carbonara!).

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank pjsparma
Atlantic City, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights during our 10 day trip to Europe. At first impression it seemed nice, VERY close to termini and metro which is very convenient. 2 metro stops away and you're at the Main Street with colosseum and all attractions. I didn't pick this hotel myself, it was included with a package I purchased from an online travel agent.

It's a good size room for Europe, all my husband and I need. The bathroom is very nice and clean. Mini fridge is nice but wish they had regular water- not a fan of the nasty carbonated mineral water. Not a big deal though. Good closet space and TV with English channels. Wifi is slow at times but overall very useful. Elevator very small but whatever.

I have to say though- the smell. It's so overwhelming. It's a mix between old musk and baby poop. Cigarette smoke often leaks through from the hallway and can be a little overwhelming. The walls are padded with fabric so lord only knows what's growing underneath there. I'm on the third floor for reference- no idea
if this is on all floors or not.

Also the beds are horrible. Woke up every morning with pains in my lower back and I'm 21 so not like I'm old with back issues. Sleeping on hard springs isn't fun. And the crack between our "double" bed made up of two twin beds was not comfy either.

Overall, I have no intention on ever staying here and can't recommend it to anyone else.
I'm not a picky person but this hotel just feels icky to me. There are MANY hotels in this area near the termini to choose from.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Ally K
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

The hotel is very decent. Rooms are clean and furnished but a bit cramped. Bathroom comes with a bathtub and is clean too. Wifi network is strong in the rooms. The elevator certainly is toooo small. The breakfast served is good enough, but is the same everyday.....
The best part is this place located just 1 minute from roma termini. There is a pizzeria called 'super pizza'around 500m from roma termini that serves excellent "piadini" its a must eat....!
Rome is fantastic....!