“Small space. Great service”

Best Western Plus Hotel Spring House
Ranked #162 of 1,272 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 30 July 2012

Tiny room 5 min walk to Vatican. Close to metro and gluten free restaurant. No surprises. Clean Room and hotel. Great staff. We didn't spend a lot of time in room anyway. Great if you are on a budget and don't mind the tiny rooms.

4star service in a 3 star hotel

Room Tip: If you can Afford it get a room with a balcony
Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
ccspecialist, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Best Western Plus Hotel Spring House, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2012

Dear Guest,
thank you for post a comment about your stay at our hotel.
We are happy that you liked our position: being a hotel near the Vatican and near metro stop from our guests the opportunity to visit most of the city without much effort.

All the staff is happy that you liked the professionalism of our service. In this way can we have clean rooms and very fragrant, great breakfast and we can give a pleasant stay to our guests. Our reception active for 24 hours is always available to satisfy all your requests. If we had known you want a larger room would have been done our possible to show you other types of rooms. We have many different types of rooms. Surely we would found the best room for you. The next time remember to rely at the reception: it is part of our goal to make you happy

Write a ReviewReviews (1,360)

Reviewed 27 July 2012

I booked this hotel only because it says "Best Western". My complain is that:
1) It has nothing to do with Best western quality, I am surprised that Best western is allowing them to use your name

2) I came to my room on July 20 night to find that my Laptop is broken after they cleaned the room. The front desk manager told me that the only thing I can do is to spend two hours going to the main police station and complain !

Room Tip: Rooms are partioned, i.e., one typical hotel room is split into three rooms
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
ccspecialist, Public Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Hotel Spring House, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2012

Dear Guest,
First of all I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future.
Regarding the inconvenience occurred to your laptop, you have been asked to make a police report in order to activate our insurance for the refund, but you preferred not to spend some of your time at the police station. Alternatively we have also offered a discount for a future reservation in our hotel, but even this offer was not suitable to you.
We regret you did not appreciate our efforts to solve this matter, and hope you will give us another chance to serve you better in the future.
Kind regards

Reviewed 24 July 2012

Although the hotel was within two blocks of the entrance to the Vatican museum, it was clean, and the staff was nice, I would not stay at this hotel again. The air conditioning did not work well, the breakfast was stale, and the day that we requested room service, it came so late that we had to leave without it. We kept running out of toilet paper and the bathroom shower was so small that you couldn't bend over.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
ccspecialist, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Hotel Spring House, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2012

Dear Customer,

I'm sorry to hear that we didn't exceeded your expectations.
The main objective of our work is to make your stay as pleasant as possible for our guests being attentive to their needs. And looking at this objective we work hard every day.
I am immensely sorry that you had trouble with the air conditioning. If we had known immediately, we would called a technician and fix the problem. Our reception is open at any time of the day or night to meet the needs of our customers.
Breakfast with room service is brought with a swing of 30 minutes (for example, between 7 and 7:30) and we have enough staff to do so as soon as possible. Having all products prepared at time of the request, you have to wait the time of preparation.

We hope to welcome you again and have another opportunity to show you the beauty of staying here.

Best Regards,

Elisabetta Barbaro
Customer Care Specialist

Reviewed 21 July 2012

My young son and I were members of a large group of our clan that traveled to Rome to attend an important event that took place in the Vatican over several days. We decided to stay close to St. Peter since we needed to go there on several days. We ended up reserving all our rooms at Best Western Hotel Spring House in Vatican because it was about 10-15 minutes walk from St. Pete, reasonably priced, and had good reviews so we made our reservation early enough to be able to find enough rooms for our group; 15 rooms ranging from single to quadruple rooms.

For the transportation from the airport to the hotel I made online reservation with a car service company called RomeCabs. The driver waited for me in the airport holding a sign with my name. He spoke little English but it was enough to communicate the date of my return flight and he came back to the hotel in the agreed upon time at my return day and took us to the airport. BTW the driver only accepted cash payments in euro. The hotel offered the same airport service for similar cost 50-55 euro.

The hotel is 3 stars and not luxurious but almost all of our group were pleased and had a comfortable stay. Some of the rooms were better than other and some had no view at all but all the rooms were very clean and comfortable. Rooms had mini bars with complimentary mineral water

My son and I first had a tiny double room with a window that opened out to a view of a yard and some old houses. I asked for a room with a balcony and after three days they told me that there is one available and I moved there. It was a larger and nicer double room on the top floor. The balcony overlooked the street and had a nice view and chairs. Also the bathroom was newer with a modern shower. Needless to say I was pleased with their response.

Some families in our group requested changing rooms to more convenient ones especially those who have little children. The hotel staff was responsive to the different demands and when a requested room became available they would offer it.

The staff was indeed helpful and warm. The front desk helped us with tourist information and with our frequent requests for cabs,..etc

The complimentary buffet breakfast was decent and a good start of the day. The hotel also had a bar that served drinks, snacks and appetizers throughout the day.

The hotel had elevator which was handy and also they had laundry facilities.

When I wanted to go to Central Rome, depending on who else was accompanying me, I either ordered a cab or walked to the Metro station in less than 5 minutes and used the discounted metro card.

The hotel is very close to the Vatican museum entrance. The queues for the museum went around the entire museum walls every day ‘but’ we went to the museum at lunch time and there was no line at all so we walked in right and bought the tickets and had the museum for ourselves for almost 45 minutes taking nice pictures. Soon after that the crowds filled the museum as usual. Note-the café across from Vatican museum entrance is nice but they charged me about 10 euro for gelato cone.

Liked:
- Next to Vatican Museum and short walk to St. Peters.
- Few minutes short walk to the metro station.
- Staff spoke good English and was friendly and accommodating.
- Adjacent to a grocery store and close to many cafes and restaurants.
- Wi-Fi was free and available in every room.

Didn’t like:
- The rooms in general are efficient but some of them were really tight.
- Some of the triple room were dbl with a roll away bed under the window.
- Thin walls. In the first room that I stayed in, I could hear the conversations that were taking place on the adjacent room.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
ccspecialist, Public Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Hotel Spring House, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2012

It a pleasure for us reed that you liked our Hotel, and that you enjoyed our position so near to the Vatican Museum and the St. Peter Basilica. This allowed you to do not miss the tour at the Vatican and Sistine Chapel.
Moreover the proximity to the metro line has allowed you to reach the hystorical city center in a few minutes.

As you had noted we have many tipology of room and the reception staff is always helpfull for all guest's requests. Due to the careful that we employ to our guests, if we have a superior tipology available we offer it.
All our room have a complimentary water and for some superior tipology all the minibar is complimentary.
I am glad to know that our complimentary breakfast,its fresh products its presentation and the friendly staff gave you a good start of the day.

We hope to welcome you again in the next future!

Kind regards,

Elisabetta Barbaro

Reviewed 14 July 2012

The hotel was okay. We stayed there for three nights, and our room's cleaning worked very well, except of the ants we had in our room... The staff of hotel was really great, they helped if i needed help and they spoke english well. :) Breakfast was okay. There was very little to choose and the bread was not tasty. Juices were good and so were the fresh fruits. The dining room was very small, so that's a minus. Our room was small too, i thought it would've been bigger. The location of the hotel was all and all good. It was very near to Vatican, but if you wanted to go to the "centro storico", you had to walk very much. But then again, the city is so gorgeous that the walking didn't matter. Oh, and the drivers (if you choose the pick up from the airport) ARE SO HANDSOME! :D

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
ccspecialist, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Best Western Plus Hotel Spring House, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2012

thanks for choosing us for your stay in Rome, thanks for telling your experience in our beautiful facility.
we are glad that you have enjoyed our hospitality. The smile is part of our way of being and is nice for us to welcome our guests with lots of availability.Our multilingual staff is very professional, attentive to the needs of every guest, willing to give any kind of information

I'm glad you enjoyed the breakfast buffet. It 's important to start the day. One of our strengths are the fresh products arriving daily. I'm sorry that you did not like our bread: the bread comes fresh from the oven every day!
next time do not miss your chance to ask room service to enjoy your breakfast comfortably in your room

I'm sorry to hear that for you the room was not big enough. The reception is open 24 hours for all your needs. If you have notified, we would have given you a larger room of different type.not always all type of rooms are available but whenever there are it is always a pleasure for us to do a small upgrade.

We looking forward to welcoming you again!

Reviewed 12 July 2012

We stayed at Hotel Spring House for two nights following a Princess cruise. The hotel is in a GREAT location. It is within walking distance to the Vatican Museum and St. Peters. Adjacent to the hotel is a wonderful little grocery store. I HIGHLY recommend visiting this store. We were able to purchase snacks, beverages and other foods for a fraction of the cost of the tourist traps. This was a very convienent feature. It was very helpful since I was traveling with my wife and two young children. The room was spottlessly clean with updated decor and fresh linens. Our bed was confortable and the air conditioner worked well. The bathroom was a joke. The shower stall was so small that it was nearly impossible to bend over to pick up a dropped razor. Yet, it was exceptionally clean and worked well. The breakfast was great. I had a wonderful spread of pastries, breads, cold meats, and hot dishes. I thought the greatest asset of this hotel was the staff. Every staff meember we encountered spoke English with courtesy in their message. They were kind and helpful. They offered great advice on directions, places to visit and places to dine. They arranged a private car to take us to the airport. The car cost us 60 Euros for a family of four with four bags. It was worth the price.
I would not hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: If your room is not ready upon arrival, don't stand around waiting. The hotel will check your ba...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Herewegoonvacation
Management response:Responded 14 July 2012

dear customer
Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience in our hotel with all your famiy.
Is important for us to know that our work has made you happy during your stay.
Your compliments help us do our job better.
Effectively be located very close to the Vatican museums and the basilica of St. Peter is comfortable for our guests and nobody misses a chance to go see St. Peter during a stay in rome. the small supermarket nearby also is very convenient for those who want to buy something.
I'm happy to know that your room was very clean, well-scented. I am happy to know that you slept well in comfortable beds. Rest is very important during a good holiday as well as a good breakfast that we offer in a buffet of fresh produce, and the presence of air conditioning in the room is very important during a sunny day.
We are honored to know that the best thing for you was the courtesy and staff professionalism. I hope that our recommendations have been useful. hope to see you very soon!

Reviewed 10 July 2012

Room was fine and clean, so were the beds, we had actually a great nights sleep every single night. Breakfast was wonderful and very nice every day, and the service in the breakfast room was great as well. Then the bad part , the bathroom!!!!!!!
I am a 5.4' person, Lbs140, and had a hard time getting into the shower, you had to get in sideways, and no way to bend down in that show to shave! Now, I would have been able to live with this if not for the fact that as of the third night, no hot water, not in the morning, not in the evening, and with that I mean, forget washing your hair, that's how cold the water was. (one day we had no water at all!) Management blames it on Rome limiting the water in the hotel???????
I don't believe this a bit. Then they promised extra points on my Best Western account, which never happened.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 14 July 2012

dear customer,
Thanks for leaving a comment about your stay at the hotel best western spring house.
Your opinion is always an element that helps us improve our service and for giving a wonderful holiday for our guests.
I'm glad to know that your room was beautiful and very clean and that your bed was comfortable. For a day exploring the beauty of Rome is essential sleep well in a comfortable mattress and a room fresh and clean. In that our staff put all their energies.
I am sorry to hear that you had problems with hot water. Unfortunately it has been a problem throughout the area due to the repair of pipes. Unfortunately did not depend dall'hote but we understood perfectly the discomfort. We are immensely sorry for this, and we wanted to give you extra points on your card best western. in case you had not yet received them please send me an email with the number of paper where load. Will be my concern check the situation. I hope to see you again for a better stay!