“Proximity to all our needs”

Bettoja Atlantico Hotel
Ranked #487 of 1,268 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 20 October 2012

My co traveller had stayed at this hotel before and so we booked it again. I had stayed locally in a B & B nearby before. I had emailled requesting a room at the back away from the noise and a twin bedded room and that is exactly what we got. The view was a non plus but frankly I didn't mind as we had no noise problems whatsoever. The bathroom was modern, however it is a high step up and down in and out of the bath/shower, but the water was extremely hot which was great. The bedroom was rather large with high ceilings and large windows. The air con worked perfectly. We pushed our comfortable twin beds further apart mainly for the overhead light to be closer to read and everyday the bedding changed and beds moved back as you would in case we left! Fresh towels and toiletries daily and the room always smelt really fresh. Good housekeeping.
Breakfast was a good way to relax before the rush out to look and shop. Continental extended to scrambled eggs and bacon and sometime some fresh tomatoes,which are tasty in Italy. Plenty of fresh fruit at hand, peaches were juicy and sweet, tinned fruit and various yoghurts, cereals, hard boiled eggs,toast, coffee and various breads, cake, jams and fruit juice. Try the carrot and orange juice. Yum! Help yourself buffet. This is in the co joining hotel as mentioned.
Non plus is the carpet in the corridors and rooms, which are stained and dated. I am sure they are clean but could do with a new style and look. There has been a change to the entry to the lift, which incidentally I found better than some and very quiet and stable. Beats four flights of stairs in some accommodation.
Staff were helpful but not all greeted us when coming and going. Some were happy and some indifferent, but efficient. I prefer my privacy and so that suited me fine, although a smile does wonders.
This hotel is in a convenient position, but that should not be its selling point, however when travelling it does benefit those in need to be out and about to see as much as possible without having to go great distances on foot or by car. We caught the train a few stops to Spagna station to the Spanish Steps, shopped there and then we got the Valmontone Outlet shopping transfer bus from outside the station for a day out there. We also caught the Metro and the Roma Lido train out to Ostia Antica ruins from the station and ate at various outdoor restaurants locally with no problems, being two women alone. I have stayed in the area before with a sister in law and had no problems then.
I would definitely stay at this hotel again...maybe next time it will be renovated...and the cost will go up!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Niec

Reviewed 12 October 2012 via mobile

They clean the place every day, the staff is friendly but not forthcoming, and the breakfast is fantastic, excellent selection. Rooms are a bit old and musty, and the elevator is circa 0 BC but it's undoubted longevity exudes a unique charm. The hotel is connected to a slightly more upscale version of itself, "mediterraneo" where the gym and rooftop restaurant is located.

Enjoyed our stay, great value and good location.

1  Thank Marie B
Reviewed 10 October 2012

I thought this hotel was a good deal pricewise. It is an average hotel, maybe between 3-4 stars, by American standards. The room feels 70ish, but it is very clean. Bathroom fixtures are fairly new and also very clean. It is close to the Termini train station, it is both convenient and potentially unsavory especially at night (when walking in the direction to the train station) the other direction is ok. The included breakfast is served in the adjacent Mediterraneo Hotel (there is an internal corridor between both hotels), and it was very good (with multiple organic honeys!). It is a tad far from places as the "Spanish Steps", but we managed to walk over there and the Fontana de Trevi, with no problems. Free wifi can be spotty in the room, but is ok at the lobby and ground floor.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Brendinha
Reviewed 28 September 2012

I had some down time in Florence so decided to go to Rome for a weekend. I had only a few minutes to booked and used Trip Advisor. I am glad I did. I did not know what to expect. Room was very large, clean and in good repair. Staff was friendly and helpful. When I checked in there was luggage in my room by error. They took care of it right away. If in Rome again I will stay here. For the price and location I doubt I could do better.

Room Tip: Great location. To see the sights of Rome good central location.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank ericl
Reviewed 16 September 2012

This hotel was a delight. Large comfortable room, great rooftop restaurant/bar with panoramic views of Rome, and wonderfully helpful reception. The breakfast room was a visual delight. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank liz77_12
Reviewed 16 August 2012

The hotel is just across Rome Central Station, circa 5 minutes walk. The room is clean & spacious with free internet. Breakfast buffet have variety of choices, fresh fruits, fresh baked breads, cold cuts, cheese , bacon & eggs, cereals, etc. Nearby are restaurants, stores & metro station. The Coloseum is also walking distance from the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank mismhari
Reviewed 11 August 2012

We stayed here for two nights. The hotel is in a great location near Central Station and very handy to tour buses etc. The breakfast was very good but wasn't topped up very promptly as things ran out. The wifi was very hit and miss and you had to get a new code every day, which meant you had to go downstairs and pick up a new code before you could get on to the internet in the mornings, which was when it was most convenient to communicate with Australia.The air conditioning in our room was blowing air but we could not get the temperature below about 28 C. This made for very uncomfortable sleeping. We mentioned it to the person on the desk and they said they would look in to it but the second night was no improvement. We were travelling with friends and their room was much cooler. The room was very well appointed and the decor in the entire hotel was lovely.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends