“Nice, Quaint, Friendly”
Review of Hotel Royal Court

Hotel Royal Court
Ranked #213 of 1,271 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 4 January 2006

We were four. 2 adults and 2 teenagers. We had a queen bed and 2 singles. The room was a nice size for Italy, even though we were a little tight because of the amount of luggage we had( remember 2 teenager girls). The bathroom was lovely with a large jacuzzi tub and very spacious. Our room was beautifully decorated with fabric walls and nice furniture, but the beds were a bit hard. The staff was friendly and the hotel is 2 blocks from the Termini Station. This is very handy if you plan on exploring other parts. Overall it was a nice stay.

Stayed: August 2005
22  Thank dm3880

A TripAdvisor Member
Ireland
Reviewed 29 November 2005

I stayed here for three nights with my girlfriend. We had one of the larger rooms which was quiet nice. The location is really good for getting around. I know this area is a bit on the seedy side at night but we didn't come across any problems. The staff are plesant and the receptionist was paricularly helpful, giving us a map and directions around the city and booking restaurants for us. The only thing I was disappointed with was, one morning we came down for breakfast and it was full so we had to wait until it was almost finished. At this stage most of the buffet food was gone but there was no attempt to refill the bread or juices. Just a small thing. Overall I would consider staying here again if I were to travel to Rome again.

23  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 25 October 2005

I stayed four nights in a double room in October and I was really happy with the hotel.Room small but clean,bathroom good enough(a bit dark) and extremely helpful staff.You can go to many places walking.Breakfast average with nice waiters.
Compared to other hotels in the city this one has a good relation price-quality.

• Stayed: October 2005
28  Thank rmo
A TripAdvisor Member
NYC
Reviewed 17 August 2005

I chose this hotel primarily for it's location near Stazione Termini, but if this is your first trip to Rome, be warned, it's not the greatest area, but it is afterall- down the street from the station. Hotel itself was nice- the front desk was always friendly, with the exception of one who actually "shushed" my friend and I while we were whispering as we were going into our room. It wasn't even past 10pm. The walls are apparently very thin as when I was riding the elevator, I heard the entire conversation of the room that was right next to it- and they were not loud. Rooms were clean and bathrooms were especially nice. Breakfast was inlcuded and was nothing special- your typical continental spread. Overall, I would stay here again- only if I couldn't find anything else for the price.

• Stayed: August 2005
12  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 12 July 2005

The first nice thing I'd say about this hotel is that it offered us free transportation from Fiumucino Airport because we were staying more than 3 nights. It was nice to see our name on a placard as we exited customs.

A previous review said that the hotel was set back a little from the street- it is not. We had the front room of the hotel, right on the sidewalk. We could hear all the conversations of people walking by.

Our room, a quad, was reasonable in size, by European standards, with vaulted ceilings. The furniture is a bit dated although I guess you could call them antiques. The double bed that my husband and I shared was the hardest bed I've ever slept on. While the jacuzzi tub was nice, I was put off by the mold on the grout in the tilework.

Breakfast was average, bread, salami, cheese, fruit and cereal.

The Termini was about 2-3 blocks away, nice for getting away but the area is really seedy. There are a few restaurants in the vicinity to choose from. There is a laundry place just around the corner.

Staff is very friendly and helpful- although one man we spoke to for restaurants at night was not very knowledgeable.

All in all, I would not stay here again. The area is just way too seedy. We stayed here only because I couldn't find a quad elsewhere that didn't cost a small fortune.

• Stayed: June 2005
18  Thank DALY
Reviewed 6 June 2005

We have just returned from our second visit to Rome, (1st time 2002) I would have say that this hotel is average. The rooms are clean but a bit small however we did not spend very much time in it, too much to see and do. The staff we encountered were very helpful and pleasant. The area is not one of the best but it is central enough to walk to many of the sights. We were in a room right next to the new construction but it did not cause us any loss of sleep. Breakfast is adequate (continental - bread, ham, cheese, cereal etc). We booked guided tours with the hotel which were very good and well priced, They collect you from the hotel and return you unless you stay on where the tour ends. On a final note nothing to do with the hotel Rome seems to have been hit with graffiti mania, it is everywhere, do not remember it from previous visit.
PS Would like to recommend La Piazzetta on Via Cardinale Merry del Val, Trastevere, Tel ---- great food, price and service, also Angelino ai Fori, Via dei Fori Imperiali, also excellent, Tel 066791121

Stayed: June 2005
25  Thank Darlee
Reviewed 19 May 2005

We stayed here only one night. The location is extremely convenient to the train station (Termini). Just cross the street after exiting the station and it’s a short walk down via Marghera. That being said, I would not suggest walking around at night by yourself in this neighborhood as it didn't feel all that safe (lots of homeless hanging out on the street corners) and the neighborhood is a lot dirtier than some other sections of town.
The hotel staff was pleasant and helpful. We requested a car service for transport to the Airport for the next day and they were more than happy to assist us.
The hotel is set back from the street so this cuts down on any traffic noise. The room was a bit dark but; having to only stay there the one night it didn't bother us. The room & bathroom were nice, clean and good size. The hotel offers a small patio outside but only one table. We did not eat the breakfast that was offered so I can not comment on their food. Overall I would recommend this hotel if you were only looking to stay one or two days -

• Stayed: May 2005