“An awful receptionist”
Review of Hotel Royal Court

Hotel Royal Court
Ranked #216 of 1,271 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 19 June 2006

I'm Italian and stayed just a night for working reasons. The hotel would be nice, if only had a better receptionist: there was a guy called Stefano who was utterly careless: made me wait a lot at the arrival for the registration, then tried to make me sign a Visa bill in advance, then gave me a room without light, whose shutters were closed and with a gate, so I asked for another room and he made me wait a longer time, in the meanwhile he was commenting the last football match with a friend on the phone. When asked about a restaurant nearby, he said he didn't know the restaurant and suggested another one, then I found out the restaurant I had been inquiring for was just 20 metres right away.
That receptionist made of my stay at the Royal Court a most disagreeable experience.

• Stayed: June 2006, travelled on business
1  Thank ClaraItaly

Reviewed 20 February 2006

Myself and my girlfriend stayed here during January, and we had no complaints whatsoever. It is handily located just a few min from the termini station, from where you can get all over Rome by bus or the metro. The room and en-suite were clean, as was the rest of the hotel. The staff were friendly and courtious. As it was our first visit to Rome, we found the airport pick-up service to be a nice extra. I have reccomended this hotel to my friends, and i have no problem reccomending it to anyone.

• Stayed: January 2006
22  Thank keh_tolo
Reviewed 4 January 2006

We were four. 2 adults and 2 teenagers. We had a queen bed and 2 singles. The room was a nice size for Italy, even though we were a little tight because of the amount of luggage we had( remember 2 teenager girls). The bathroom was lovely with a large jacuzzi tub and very spacious. Our room was beautifully decorated with fabric walls and nice furniture, but the beds were a bit hard. The staff was friendly and the hotel is 2 blocks from the Termini Station. This is very handy if you plan on exploring other parts. Overall it was a nice stay.

Stayed: August 2005
22  Thank dm3880
A TripAdvisor Member
Ireland
Reviewed 29 November 2005

I stayed here for three nights with my girlfriend. We had one of the larger rooms which was quiet nice. The location is really good for getting around. I know this area is a bit on the seedy side at night but we didn't come across any problems. The staff are plesant and the receptionist was paricularly helpful, giving us a map and directions around the city and booking restaurants for us. The only thing I was disappointed with was, one morning we came down for breakfast and it was full so we had to wait until it was almost finished. At this stage most of the buffet food was gone but there was no attempt to refill the bread or juices. Just a small thing. Overall I would consider staying here again if I were to travel to Rome again.

23  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 25 October 2005

I stayed four nights in a double room in October and I was really happy with the hotel.Room small but clean,bathroom good enough(a bit dark) and extremely helpful staff.You can go to many places walking.Breakfast average with nice waiters.
Compared to other hotels in the city this one has a good relation price-quality.

• Stayed: October 2005
28  Thank rmo
A TripAdvisor Member
NYC
Reviewed 17 August 2005

I chose this hotel primarily for it's location near Stazione Termini, but if this is your first trip to Rome, be warned, it's not the greatest area, but it is afterall- down the street from the station. Hotel itself was nice- the front desk was always friendly, with the exception of one who actually "shushed" my friend and I while we were whispering as we were going into our room. It wasn't even past 10pm. The walls are apparently very thin as when I was riding the elevator, I heard the entire conversation of the room that was right next to it- and they were not loud. Rooms were clean and bathrooms were especially nice. Breakfast was inlcuded and was nothing special- your typical continental spread. Overall, I would stay here again- only if I couldn't find anything else for the price.

• Stayed: August 2005
12  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 12 July 2005

The first nice thing I'd say about this hotel is that it offered us free transportation from Fiumucino Airport because we were staying more than 3 nights. It was nice to see our name on a placard as we exited customs.

A previous review said that the hotel was set back a little from the street- it is not. We had the front room of the hotel, right on the sidewalk. We could hear all the conversations of people walking by.

Our room, a quad, was reasonable in size, by European standards, with vaulted ceilings. The furniture is a bit dated although I guess you could call them antiques. The double bed that my husband and I shared was the hardest bed I've ever slept on. While the jacuzzi tub was nice, I was put off by the mold on the grout in the tilework.

Breakfast was average, bread, salami, cheese, fruit and cereal.

The Termini was about 2-3 blocks away, nice for getting away but the area is really seedy. There are a few restaurants in the vicinity to choose from. There is a laundry place just around the corner.

Staff is very friendly and helpful- although one man we spoke to for restaurants at night was not very knowledgeable.

All in all, I would not stay here again. The area is just way too seedy. We stayed here only because I couldn't find a quad elsewhere that didn't cost a small fortune.

• Stayed: June 2005