“Excellent service, beat or expectations”

Hotel Commodore Roma
Ranked #852 of 1,264 Hotels in Rome
Moscow, Russia
“Excellent service, beat or expectations”
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

I just have to put in a word about this hotel as a thank you to an excellent staff for making my vacation worthwhile.

My family and I read the reviews and had low expectations. We arrived exhausted and were very I satisfied with our room. For no charge, the management upgraded the room, and basically saw to any need we had. We could have spent a lot more money and stayed in a more International class hotel, but we really liked this place - they simply tried harder, and the price is not high relative to the market.

Stayed March 2014
3 Thank BDMoscow

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Athens, Greece
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Just got back from a short visit in Rome and from my stay in the hotel Commodore.

I choose the hotel from Booking.com where it had great reviews .It was close to my budget also since it was my first time in the city. However although it states that is a 4 star hotel i am not really sure if it is.
The single use room was small -though i cannot tell if the size was the same in the other type of rooms or not - , had a steady shower in the bathroom wall of tiny size which is not convenient if you are a tall person( like me) . The instructions on how to use the phone device were not correct , tried twice to call in local numbers and both times could not get an outside line. Had to use my mobile finally.
The breakfast area was well situated in a room with lot of light and view (if you are lucky enough to sit in the tables next to the windows where you can see the church of Santa Maria di Maggiore). The breakfast was ok .

On the plus side nonetheless please add that the hotel is very good located in walking distance of few metres from the main central train station (Termini) from which you can go to all places around Rome and just few steps from the hop on hop off city -seeing bus stop( must do).

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank x19k77
Italy
Reviewed 24 January 2014

I stayed at the Hotel Commodore for three nights using their online package. Like other reviewers have stated, the hotel is very close to the Termini so it's in a handy location. I found the staff on the front desk very helpful, particularly when I had to try several rooms to locate one where the wifi actually worked. After visiting 4 rooms with my ipad in hand I was finally successful, but I really think this shouldn't be necessary. As others have noted, the rooms are very clean but tired looking.

Breakfast was simple and plentiful, and I enjoyed the freshly made cappuccino which the waitress was happy to order from the kitchen.

Would I stay there again? Yes if I was only in Rome for short stay, but I don't think it is four stars.

Room Tip: For me it was all about trying to find wifi in the room. If you can't access it with the hotel...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank Jenny P
Cumbria
Reviewed 13 December 2013

This was our fourth stay at the Hotel Commodore in 4 years. It may not be the trendiest, or the most modern hotel in Rome, but the staff are lovely, the rooms comfortable and it's in such a great location - 15 minute walk to the Forum/ Collosseum in one direction, 15 minute walk to the Spanish Steps and The Trevi in another, and a 5 minute walk from Termini. Clean sheets and towels every day, extra pillows when we asked for them, not too noisy. The room isn't huge, and the bathroom is tiny with a shower that is not built for average sized humans, but it's the ambience of the place that keeps us coming back. There have definitely been improvements in cleanliness over the 4 years, and some of the rooms have been refurbished recently.

I would definitely stay again and, if the aim of your holiday is to enjoy and make the most of Rome rather than sit in your hotel room, then I would thoroughly recommend it!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank chloe_smith
Angelo B, Direttore generale at Hotel Commodore Roma, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback and for choosing the Hotel Commodore for the fourth time.

These kinds of comments encourage us in enhancing our efforts to provide the best we can for our guests.
It was a pleasure having you at the Hotel Commodore , and we look forward to welcoming you again and again.

Best regards
Rome
Reviewed 9 November 2013

Just returned from another unforgettable experience ! We stayed at COMMODORE HOTEL in via Torino Rome - the staff were all extra ordinary , friendly & helpful - breakfast was more than we expected - good choice & ample - the room was comfortable and overlooked via Torino - hotel is very centrally located - we definitely recommend it - we will return ! a BIG THANKYOU to all the hotel staff & Management Rita & Ronald - Malta

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com

1 Thank Ronald986
Angelo B, Direttore generale at Hotel Commodore Roma, responded to this review, 12 November 2013
Dear Guest,

We are extremely pleased that we were able to turn your stay in Rome into an exceptional experience, as it means our main objective.

Thank you very much for your kind words about our service and staff.

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon in the historical heart of the Eternal City and let to continue your dreamy experience with us...

Best Regards,
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Staff very friendly; foyer and reception are very attractive; breakfast fine but fruit from a tin; however, our room was poor. Very clean with fresh sheets and towels daily but it was very shabby and tired. It was small and claustrophobic with a writing bureau as a dressing table! Wardrobe blocked 1/3 of the window area. En suite clean but stale smell all the time. Definitely not a 4 star room .

• Stayed October 2013
6 Thank PWO58
Angelo B, Direttore at Hotel Commodore Roma, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for chooosing Hotel Commodore for your roman stay and for the time of your report, we are very happy to learn that you liked our foyer and lobby area as well as our service, we take good note of your suggestion in order to improve our services.
Best regards
australia
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Stayed at the Hotel Commodore for one night on a stopover in Rome. Had the impression the hotel was 3 star, although it seemed that on arrival it was advertised as a 4 star hotel. I had booked a basic room online and on check-in was upgraded to the deluxe suite on the top floor which was a nice touch! Room was very large and had a double bed which was very comfortable, separate study area, large bathroom with shower over bath and a small rooftop terrace overlooking Rome which gave great views over the city. Furniture is a bit old and dated, but very European style. Had decent Air Conditioning which was a plus! Service I found to be very average, the guys in reception didn’t really seem to care about patrons and were slow to respond. WiFi was meant to be free, on check in I was given a free WiFi key and managed to misplace it, I then went and tried to get a new one downstairs and was greeted by a very rude gentlemen who was trying to charge me 10 euros as apparently internet was an extra cost? Luckily I found the WiFi key back in my room and saved 10 euros! Breakfast was nothing special, hotel advertised a beautiful breakfast room overlooking the city but this was not true. The food was okay, standard continental breakfast with Danishes, croissants, toast, coffee, juice etc... Overall, a comfortable stay, although if I didn't get a room upgrade, I would say this hotel is a bit on the expensive side and I am sure there are other places to stay with modern rooms. Location was great though, Termini was about a 5 min walk and very close to all attractions and transport. Would recommend!

Room Tip: Chose a high floor room to get away from the street noise.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank petronator
Angelo B, Direttore generale at Hotel Commodore Roma, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
Dear Guest,

We wish to thank you for sharing your experience with the others travellers.
We are very grateful and happy for your awesome comment!

Looking forward to welcoming you soon again in Rome.

My warmest regards,