“Hotel at a rather unusual location”
Review of Hotel Zone

Hotel Zone
Ranked #451 of 1,256 Hotels in Rome
Hamburg, Germany
“Hotel at a rather unusual location”
Reviewed 8 November 2013

...because it's at the very end of a dead end road within a resedential area where you wouldn't expect any hotel. But at least it's very quiet, has a modern touch with a stylish restaurant that works as the breakfast area as well. The restaurant itself is too expensive that I dared to try it, the beer even more expensive than from the in-room fridge! Breakfast not very exciting but we friendly staff serving good coffee. My room was OK but always a little dark due to the tinted windows. The bathroom could need a refurbishment. There's a bus stop and a Metro station within 10 minutes walking distance. The bus gets you to the Plaza Cavour which is quite near to the center, the Metro takes you to the Gemelli Policlinico which is just one stop and was the reason why I choose this hotel. Overall for this business trip the hotel was OK, given the relatively low price compared to similar hotels in downtown Rome.

Room Tip: My first room was next to the reception and very close to the restaurant. It was even darker than th...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

GroupeValadier, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hotel Zone, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for leaving a review about hotel Zone!

We are happy to hear from you that you found the location quite and easable to reach by public transportation.
We hope to see you again in Rome.

Groupe Valadier

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Falmouth, Maine
Reviewed 31 October 2013

This hotel was booked for me by a third party, the hotel is located in a residential area; the breakfast is good but the rooms and the hotel in general are in need of a refurbishment. We checked in late and checked out early so it wasn't unbearable, I probably wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank vacationlander
GroupeValadier, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hotel Zone, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for leaving a review about Hotel Zone!

We are glad to hear from you that you appreciate our breakfast service and we are thankful for your suggestion about the rooms.

Best regards

Bern
Reviewed 13 October 2013

My girlfriend and me had been staying at the Zone Hotel for five nights.
We have been vey pleased with the hotel. The room was modern and very clean.
The breakfast which was included in the price was quite okay for Italian standards. I had a lot of holidays in Italy and the breakfast wasn't usually very good. But at Zone Hotel it's possible for a central-European like me to get some good food for starting the day.
They also offer a free shuttle service to the center (Piazza Cavour). (The hotel is a bit outside. By foot it takes abou twenty minutes to get to Vatican City and about half an hour to the historical center) It would be great if they would stretch the shuttle service because the public transport by bus is very unreliable and doesn't follow any time table. By now the shuttle service only drives about five times a day to the center and the last bus returns very early in the evening.
The neighborhood was quiet and very agreable.

The result:
My girlfriend and me would recommand Zone Hotel because of its good price which includes a very nice and quiet hotel. The only disadvantage of Zone Hotel is its position outside the center which makes it a little difficult for tourist to get to the hotel, especially if you use the public transport.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Peter B
GroupeValadier, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hotel Zone, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your nice words about hotel Zone!

We are pleased to hear from you that you and your girlfriend spent a great time in Rome and that our hotel could make it even more special. Thank you also for sharing your opininon about the shuttle bus service, we really appreciate that.

We hope to see you again very soon in Rome

Reviewed 9 October 2013

I would highly recommend this hotel. Good value for money very good quiet safe location. Hot powerful showers excellent food and free wifi. Don't be ripped off in the centre of Rome stay instead at hotel zone!

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Sarah W
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your nice review about hotel Zone.

We are glad to hear from you that your stay was enjoyable and that you spent a good time in Rome.

We hope to see you again very soon.

Haifa, Israel
Reviewed 12 September 2013

My wife and i arrived to the zone hotel on Saturday night. Although the hotel is a little far from center, and sleep was very good, its location is what makes it great. The train station is very near and so is the bus station, and Tullio pizzeria is also close by.
From the hotel you can get anywhere..
The room was fine, the breakfast was very good and answered all our expectations. The staff was very helpful and nice. We stayed until Thursday.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank vidar014
GroupeValadier, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hotel Zone, responded to this review, 17 September 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your nice words about Hotel Zone!

We are glad to hear from you that you enjoyed your stay with us ant that you found comfortable the hotel location.

We hope to see you again very soon in Rome.

Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 September 2013

My wife & I visited Hotel Zone in July this year for long weekend break.

The hotel it's self was modern & clean, I'd defiantly recommend upgrading to the roof top room. For approx. £115 for 3 nights it's a no brainer really the room is massive, whereas the standard rooms are really small. The hotel staff were ok Roberto was quite welcoming and helpful, however the young lady with tight curly hair and glasses was rude and ignorant so watch for her.
I've seen a lot of reviews on here about the hotel being too far from Rome blar, blar, blar, but for us it was a 10 minute bus ride from the top of the hill (5 minute walk) into Rome city centre. Bus 990 drops you at Piaza Cavour and picks up there as well. The it's a five minute walk to Casa St Angelo. Hotel Zone do offer a free shuttle service into Rome, but you need to pre-book and it's last pick up is 18:30pm. If you want to go to the main attractions then I'd recommend the Omnia card. This is about 90 euros each and entitles you to free public transport (Roma Card) all the time you are there, plus hop on hop off services on the yellow open top buses, entry to 2 no. main attractions etc. Check it out on the website it's worth it. Watch for the taxi drivers, they're robbing b**a%^s and don't eat in or around the main attractions for food is crap and they'll rip you off. It's worth getting on a bus for 10 minutes and eating out of town where the locals go. Oh, don't buy any water off of the Indians, the fountains on the street are direct from underground springs, I though I might get typhoid or something but it's fresh, unfortunately we found this out on the way home and ended up spending about 100 euros over the three days on water, never mind! To summarise Rome is amazing, beautiful and full of history. The only thing that let it don for us was all the graffiti all over the place the po po should do something about that.

Room Tip: Upgrade to the superior room the standard rooms are tiny
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Scott C
Seoul, Seoul, South Korea
Reviewed 4 September 2013

The hotel is far away from the core of Rome. This is for low price with 4 star hotel.

But I experienced unkind receptionist in the hotel. A receptionist who I met had some rude attitude for foreign tourist. It was just my feeling. At that time I had a worry whether I had violated the ZTL in Rome in searching the hotel. I've tried to explain the situation to the receptionist with my broken English, to know how to find a solution. But she just said to me, "I can't understand you words.". But at last, I knew that she just understood my concern, ZTL. Because she told me about ZTL. I'm a Korean tourist.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family