“Excellent for a stopover in the surroundings of Rome”
Review of Mercure Roma West

Mercure Roma West
Ranked #364 of 1,267 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 20 August 2012

Hotel located in the Rome surroundings. Not a good idea if you wish to visit Rome and have no car but excellent if you just need to stop for the night or if you are on business in the area.
I was there just for one night and arrived quite late (10:30 pm). I was happy to hear that the restaurant was till open and I could still have dinner. The room was clean and comfortable (fridge, nice bathroom with hairdryer). I was also advised not to leave my car outside and to use the indoor parking for free.
Low price but excellent quality.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Mercure Roma West

Reviewed 1 August 2012

The hotel is clean and tidy. The lobby is really biz oriented.
All the front desk people are more than polite, they make you feel someone well known (it was my first time there].
Rooms are clean and new the perfect solution for a short stay.
Internet access is free only in the lobby but as I said the lobby is really well equipped and it is easy to find a suitable desk.
furthermore the garage is free for the guests.
I was not able to test the swimming pool.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
7  Thank Ila_Marco2010
Luca P, Receptionist at Mercure Roma West, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2012

Dear Sir/Madame,
we are glad to hear that you had a nice stay in our hotel and we hope to see you again so that you will be able to test the lovely swimming pool and spa.

Reviewed 27 July 2012

Just spent a week t this hotel ....July 2012....
It is a good hotel ... Nice good sized room with good a/c, fridge etc.
Pool is lovely and well worth the visit _ opens a little late at 10:00am but nice and clean and quiet.
Bar and lobby area are nice though bar service is little slow.
Travel to Rome is via a bus from outside the hotel 705 except Sunday when it is the 130 direct. The 705 goes to EUR Fermi .. 15 mins then from there train direct to Colosseum 10 mins. the 705 does NOT run on Sunday. got to get the 130 back from Rome.
We have no complaints about this hotel. Free WiFi via tickets from lobby..work in rooms too.

Room Tip: We chose the Superior rooms which were a reasonable size and comfortable. Firm beds.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Keith M

Dear Guest,
thank you for your positive feedback! It is a pleasure to hear that you had a pleasant stay.
We hope to see you again at Mercure Roma West.

Reviewed 26 July 2012

The room is spacious and clean. The breakfast is just ok and doesn't worth the money you pay. The major problem with this hotel is that it's too far from either the airport or the city centre. Number 705 from Mondays to Saturdays takes you to the nearest metro station. Number 130 on Sundays takes you to the city centre. Not a very safe area so make sure you check the bus timetable in advance and get off at the right bus stop at night time.

2  Thank Traveller072012_30
Reviewed 21 July 2012

Lovely hotel, helpful staff. Bit far out of Rome but we soon cracked the journey using the 705 bus from the back of the hotel to EUR Fermi Train Station, to catch the tube train which takes you to the centre of Rome, total journey can take from 45 mins up to 70 minutes. We bought a 7 day bus/train ticket from a tabac for 26 Euros, rest was plain sailing. On a Sunday there is no bus 705, instead take the 130 express bus directly into Rome, don't miss the last one at approx 11.30pm as you will end up getting a €30 taxi home to hotel, like we did, bad times, we were waiting at the wrong bus stop unfortunately...

Breakfast was very nice, catering for everyone's tastes. Receptionists were so helpful when I needed an emergency dentist, and it was just unfortunate for me that I ended up forking €300 for a emergency root canal filling...ouch. Every night they let us have flask of hot water, (Acqua Caldi) from the bar so we could have a nightcap in our rooms. Took my own pillow as I read that pillows were hard, so I was very comfortable, shower was excellent.

Be warned, you will also have to pay a local tax of €3 each per night, we didn't expect that, but over all, a very lovely week at the Mercure Roma West, and didn't even manage to get my glamerous new cossie wet in their beautiful indoor pool, far to much else to do!

1  Thank KateThomson

Dear Guest,
thank you for your feedback, we are glad to hear that you had a lovely stay and the staff was helpful with you. We hope to see you again at Mercure Roma West!
Kind regards

Reviewed 17 July 2012

I stayed one night June 25th 2012 and I parked my car in the front of hotel parking lot and when checked my car in the morning I found that the GPS and my glasses were stolen. so, be careful not to leave anything in the car not even a single penny. lots of robberies out there. when I asked the people in the front desk they responded that I shall go to the police station to report it. It was a bad experience in Rome. I arrived at the last minute to the airport without the GPS.
HORRIBLE!!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank herold
Luca P, Responsabile reception at Mercure Roma West, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2012

Dear visitor,
we are very sorry for what happened to you.
We wanted to inform you that we offer our customers free indoor garage and highly recommend to all our guests to put their cars inside.

Luca Pedullà

Reviewed 16 July 2012

The hotel was nice. The hallway carpeting could be cleaner, but otherwise it's a great buy for the price.

Dear guest,
thank you for your feedback. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again at mercure Roma West.