Lowest prices for your stay
US$72
Free cancellation until 15/12/21
Hotels.comUS$70
PricelineUS$67
eDreamsUS$72
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 September 2016 via mobile

This is a reasonable but not luxury hotel.
The staff is very friendly and always helpful. My stay was fine and comfortable.
The building is old and the rooms are small. Wifi very good in public areas. Breakfast was coffee and croissant/rolls. It was free and certainly a good start to the day but if you are looking for a full breakfast, not at this hotel. The breakfast area on the outside was quite a nice spot.
I slept well and only one night I could hear noise from above. Temperature and beds were fine.
Bathroom was small but functional.
The hotel is near porta Maggiore which is a 15 min walk from Roma termini. Dont walk down Giovanni gioliti as it is nicer walk down an adjacent street via Napoleon iii, I think.
The metro works well the red line from Roma termini to stop Manzoni as the closest to the hotel.

Red line to trevi fountain or Vatican convenient, , Colosseum is walkable but maybe a hot walk.
The hotel is a little out of the way compared to others but really not inconvenient.

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Amyloidbeta
Reviewed 15 August 2016

I will list down the positive and negative points of this hotel based on my experience as a traveler with family including seniors.
Positives:
1. Design of the rooms - it is different from a typical look
2. Behavior of staff
3. Bus and Tram stops are very close. You can purchase ticket in close-by shops
Negatives:
1. Breakfast - Too basic, only breads and juice (not even egg)
2. Rooms are a little shabby
3. Very small bathroom
4.A long 20 minutes walk from Termini station. So take a bus/tram to go to/come from station when you are in hurry or got tired or have luggage

Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank MainakBandyopadhyay
Reviewed 8 August 2016

This is a good, reasonably priced hotel. It is very well situated close to trams, trains buses and metro.it is clean, efficient and well run. Staff are excellent, informative and friendly. Rooms small (but how long do u want to spend in the room in Rome), comfortable and hotel has 24 hour security, with front door always locked but opened swiftly on arrival at any hour. The Hilton it is not, but I could not fault it. Breakfast was normal for Rome, croissant and coffee with juice, they even do hot water for tea (unusual for Rome). All staff speak good English (also rare).overall I would recommend it. The area is graffiti strewn and looks menacing at night, but unfortunately this is too commonplace all over Rome pity as this area during the day is fine and safe. Ps if u request a small balcony for smoking they will oblige if possible.

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 August 2016

We booked to go as a couple with our youngest teenage son for three nights at the end of July. On arrival we took the express train from the airport to Termini and we walked from Termini station to the hotel which took us about twenty minutes and was very straightforward. The area round the hotel does look a bit dejected with a lot of graffiti but it was perfectly safe and ideally situated to get into the main city sites via the Metro. Manzoni station was less than five minutes away. The staff in the hotel were very helpful and friendly and the triple room we had was very clean albeit a bit dated and the TV seemed pretty old. Breakfast was basic and served in a lovely courtyard with a fountain. My only major suggestion here would be to the hotel to ensure the croissants and rolls in the morning were fresh - as they did seem a day old. You do have to pay tourist tax upfront on arrival and wifi had to be paid for too - five euros which was a bit disappointing. However we were really only in the hotel to sleep between the wonderful sightseeing of a beautiful city.

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Ann M
Reviewed 1 August 2016

One of the main benefits is its close proximity to the central train station. A tip upon arrival, when you exit the large station you will be greeted with many, many bus stations and knowing where to go takes a bit of time to figure out. Don't look at the bus stops that are in the station area, instead find the bus stop that's out on the road, sort of opposite the Palazzo Massimo alle Terme. This stop is the one that will take you to the Piazza Di Porta Maggiore which is the closest stop to the hotel. From this stop it's only a few minutes to the hotel. It's a bit of a rough-looking area but full of ancient architectural gems. You can take trams from this stop to other locations such as the Colosseum.
The hotel itself has a small frontage but the interior is beautifully decorated.
The service we received was very helpful with a map of the city's main attractions.
The room was comfortable, good value for money.
My disappointment occurred when I had to work that evening, so I had no choice but to order dinner to my room. Naturally I ordered a pizza and had it delivered to the hotel, nowhere in the world had I ever stayed in an establishment that would have a problem with this. But when my pizza arrived, the person on the front desk said they wouldn't normally allow it and don't permit people taking food to their room. What? I've never struck this before where it's a problem to take food to your own room?
So that was very unusual.
Breakfasts are great. They are in a downstairs cellar-type area and you receive coffee, breads and spreads etc delivered to your table.
So it was a good stay, not an outstanding one but one which was comfortable enough.

Date of stay: October 2015