“Excellent location and service for the price”
Review of Selene Style Hotel

Selene Style Hotel
Ranked #124 of 1,258 Hotels in Rome
Torun
“Excellent location and service for the price”
Reviewed 24 February 2012

We were very impressed with Hotel Selene. We chose this hotel after extensive research on the internet and felt that the location and price was great. We were also impressed by the fact that the manager constantly checked and responded to reviews on Tripadvisor and genuinely seemed to be interested in getting everything right for the customer. Our research paid off! Hotel Selene is a great 3-star hotel and I'd come back for sure.

The hotel is located only a few minutes walk from either Termini or Republica stations. If you're coming by bus from the airport I recommend taking the excellent Sit Bus which stops only about 5 mins away from the hotel.

The reception is indeed based in a small office to the right of the entrance and all the staff there seemed very pleasant and accommodating. The rooms are located above on the top few floors of the building with the breakfast room on the 3rd floor.

Our room was a comfortable triple room right on the 4th floor. The interior was tastefully decorated with fabric coated walls and rich blue carpet. There was a mini-bar with quite average prices (€2 for a can of Coke) but no tea or coffee making facilities (we knew about this before hand and brought along a travel kettle which was fine). The en-suite bathroom was clean and had a hair-dryer. There was also a flat screen TV with many channels (though none in English - strange as there was a photo of BBC World News on the hotel's website).

Breakfast is served everyday from 7.30am till 10.00am in the breakfast room. The room looks much nicer in reality than it did on the website photos. Whilst not a full-English breakfast, the buffet is decent (especially for Rome) with a choice of sweet pastries, croissants, ham, cheese, salami, bread, yoghurt, fruit salad and boiled eggs (even with a choice of runny or hard). The best thing about breakfast was the sandwich maker - so you could have delicious hot toasted sandwiches in no time at all. The breakfast gave us enough energy for the whole day (and with all the many sights in Rome...you do need a lot of energy).

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
L_Macinanti, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Selene Style Hotel, responded to this review, 26 February 2012
Dear standish77,

I want to thank you very much for your very detailed review! It impressed me :-)
I am very happy you had a good time all over your stay and I wanted to express my gratitude for you feedback.

Let me answer step by step:

1) There was also a flat screen TV with many channels (though none in English - strange as there was a photo of BBC World News on the hotel's website).

BBC and other international channels are around ch. 700... Sorry for this lack of information, I am considering to write a channel list for our guests very soon.

2) If there is one small complaint - the walls between rooms are very thin as sound travelled through them very easily. For the first two nights I was kept awake until 1am by some noisy Americans in the room next door. I complained about this to the reception and it was dealt with swiftly.

Very sorry about that. I was told about the issue... We are going to check if we can do something to improve sound proof in that part of the floor.
Usually our building walls are not subjected to noise... and that is something that our guests usually are not complaining, but let me say one thing: there is nothing can beat a group of friends that want to party... you know what I mean!
Good news was that they ceased to party inside their bedroom after a good advice for a nice disco club by our night manager Alessandro!
Thank you anyway for being so much patient :-)

3) Thanks to reading previous reviews on Tripadvisor, I was aware of the fact that the hotel has a restaurant (COTTA) nearby. It was only through Tripadvisor that I knew that if you are a guest of the hotel you can get a whopping 20% off your bill in COTTA as well as a complimentary glass of sparkling wine. I even asked the hotel receptionist if he could recommend any local restaurants and he did mention COTTA but never mentioned the discount. Needless to say I still showed my key card to the waiter and gave my room number...and managed to get the discount. It's a good restaurant and literally only a few minutes walk away from the hotel.

Dear guest, the discount with Cotto Restaurant has been dismissed in early February! That's the reason why the front desk did not offer you that discount.... We are considering to offer it again in the future to our guests... I know it's gorgeous!
Perhaps the waiter was not very updated to the new rule and he offered the discount nevertheless... or it was you very nice and kind :-)

4) All in all, Hotel Selene was a great experience and I wholly recommend it to anyone!

Thank you very much indeed! Your good feedback is the best payoff for our job!

See you next time!

Customer Care Representative

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Cisterna di Latina
Reviewed 23 February 2012

We stayed the night that it started snowing in Rome!! Had so much fun taking photos of the snow covered Piazza della Repubblica which is just around the corner. Lovely hotel, large rooms, clean and good breakfast. Must admit the entrance could worry you at first glance!! but once inside the rooms are lovely and spacious and nicely decorated. The hotel reception is based in a small office next door to the entrance.

Dear giusie9,

I am very happy you shared with us such a rare event as the snow in Roma! Everyone was electric and the scenario was really appealing... After that, I want to thank you for your kind words of appreciation and I would love to have you and your dearest our guests back again.

Jerusalem, Israel
Reviewed 19 February 2012

it was my first time at rome i got amazing room with ps3 very clean and not so Expensive, the breakfast was great and gives u exactly the power u need to began the day! also the staff was very welcome and make us the vaction more please!
the location was perfect really close(2 min. walk) to the main big metro train and bus station of rome "termini" Although I would recommend u to rent a car or a motorbike(they have right across the street a scooter rent), and if u go to the termini station youll find a lot of company that well be Very happy to rent you a car!anyway I strongly recommend to stay at this hotel, next time in rome it well be for sure my Choice and if u plan to be in rome make sure it be your's to!!!

Room Tip: dont take room no.332
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
L_Macinanti, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Selene Style Hotel, responded to this review, 20 February 2012
Dear Roy Y,

thank you very much for your good feedback! We are happy you enjoyed your stay at Selene and had fun with our "gamers" rooms equipped with Playstation and Wii.
We are definately looking forward to meeting you on your next visit to Rome!

Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed 8 February 2012

This is my second stay at Hotel Selene, both times a great stay. Large clean nice rooms, great breakfast room, GREAT location (2 blocks from train station), great price, great staff.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank USAlady39588
L_Macinanti, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Selene Style Hotel, responded to this review, 15 February 2012
Dear USAlady39588,

we are very happy to have passed your visit #2 without changing your mind! :-)
We want to thank You very much for all kind words you had for us.
Really looking forward to meeting you on your next visit to Roma!

Best regards,

Customer care representative
Roaring Spring, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 7 February 2012

Value for money, excellent. Great location, very nice breakfast and friendly staff.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Nlingenfel
Dear Nlingenfel,

thanks for enjoying your stay at Selene! We are glad you have not been disappointed by our staff and service.

Looking forward to meeting you on your next visit to Rome!

Verona, Italy
Reviewed 2 January 2012

Good location, great breakfast, nice rooms but there were a few spots on the wall that weren't nice, clean bathroom.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
simonepuorto, Direttore generale at Selene Style Hotel, responded to this review, 4 January 2012
Dear T C,
thank you very much for your review!
Please accept my apologies for the spots: unfortunately cloth wallpaper get stained very easily. I will discuss it with the housekeeper a.s.a.p.

I really hope to see you again next time you're in Rome!
Happy new year,

Simone Puorto
Rehovot, Israel
Reviewed 6 December 2011

Very pleased from our 4 night stay on a triple room - november 2011
3 minutes walk to 2 differnet Metro stations.
Very good breakfast.
Nice and clean room and fully equipped bathroom.
Excellent hotel staff helped us with getting back our forgotten cellular phone

highly recommended.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Robydr
simonepuorto, Direttore generale at Selene Style Hotel, responded to this review, 12 December 2011
Dear Robydr,
thank you very much for your good review!
I'm glad you appreciated my staff work.
See you next time you're in Rome,

Simone Puorto