“Silver lining behind the clouds”
Review of Enoteca Provincia Romana - CLOSED

Enoteca Provincia Romana
Price range: US$12 - US$43
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Monti
Description: Near to Colonna Traiana, open 7 days a week. Open from the morning to the evening, starting with the traditional roman dessert such as maritozzo, arriving to the tipycal roman meals, like tonnarello " cacio e pepe " or the gnocco all' " Amatriciana ". We also offer take away service of sandwiches and during the summer a selection of handmade ice cream. Terre e Domus provides a list of Roman wines by the glass or by bottle. If you are interested we also sell bottle to go.
Reviewed 21 February 2014

It was raining the day we decided to wander around the monument vittorio emanuele and we found this gem. No reservations, but we still (luckily) managed to get a table - the restaurant filled up only 20 minutes later. Food is great quality - octopus salad was to die for, as were their pastas and fish (although on the saltier side). Desserts were generously portioned, and go especially for the cheese cakes and the ricotta pie. The Chocolate Cake unfortunately was the only underwhelming part of the meal. Nonetheless, a very enjoyable experience.

1  Thank Luc-wl

Reviewed 8 February 2014

When I arrived for lunch, I was seated right next to the only table then occupied, which put an immediate crimp on their conversation. However, both tables were in the window overlooking Trajan's Column, so the server may have just been trying to give me a good view. When I asked for sparkling mineral water, they could only bring me a full liter bottle (no half liters), which I was not likely to finish by myself. The entree, breaded veal meatballs with chicory, was quite good. I asked for decaffienated coffee at the end of the meal, but was told that they didn't serve decaf. So I poured another glass of sparkling water, but before I could finish it, the server approached me and asked me to leave since, "we need the table". This has never happened to me in a restaurant before, and especially not in Italy, where dining has been, and should be, a relaxing experience. So, if you're willing to be hustled off at the end of your meal if they need the table, then, go ahead and patronize Enoteca Provincia Romana. I will not be returning.

3  Thank TBR2014
Reviewed 28 January 2014

It's a modern-looking place to eat next to the Forum/Vittoriano. The food is great and the service very good. Carbonara in particular was eggy and delicious.

Reviewed 3 January 2014 via mobile

Since tripadvisor doesn't let you rank things individually anymore:
Location -perfect
Cleanliness - great
Bathroom - possibly the best in rome
Food- pretty good . Both dishes were a bit heavy on spinach but the guy next to us said that everything was grown in rome province so perhaps it was a really good year for spinach. Go here

2  Thank adimapamida
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Once again, another wonderful recommendation from the EatRome app. from Elizabeth Minchilli. Had noticed this restaurant when we had been in the area another day and figured it was too close to the tourist attractions to be good – I was completely wrong. First of all, it is a lovely, bright modern bistro with an unobstructed view of Trajan's column. Delicious creative menu. We both ordered the squid with panzanella bread salad which unlike many Italian restaurants was a perfect portion, beautifully presented and delicious. We had room for dessert and wanted to sit a bit more before resuming our touring and decided to have dessert. We were offered the option of chocolate cake made with or without milk for lactose intolerant people. Pretty impressive. I ordered the chocolate cake made with milk which had an apricot jam filling and was served with chocolate sauce and my husband ordered the ricotta cheesecake with sour cherry and a creme anglaise They brought both divided in half for easy sharing, without being asked. The desserts were also delicious. They have a lunch special with wine for 16 euros and dessert was 9 euros for a good sized portion. We were really hungry that day, but dessert would be plenty for two to split. Very nice clean and modern bathroom.