“Friendly, very good food, amazing location”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Enoteca Provincia Romana - CLOSED

Enoteca Provincia Romana
Price range: US$11 - US$38
Cuisines: Italian, Wine Bar
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighbourhood: Monti
Description: Near to Colonna Traiana, open 7 days a week. Open from the morning to the evening, starting with the traditional roman dessert such as maritozzo, arriving to the tipycal roman meals, like tonnarello " cacio e pepe " or the gnocco all' " Amatriciana ". We also offer take away service of sandwiches and during the summer a selection of handmade ice cream. Terre e Domus provides a list of Roman wines by the glass or by bottle. If you are interested we also sell bottle to go.
Rome, Italy
“Friendly, very good food, amazing location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014

Amazingly good food & wine, all from within the province of Rome, in a fabulous location. Really stands out in an area where it is quite easy to have a bad meal and encounter some cynical practice in the restaurant trade. Between two we ate the best puntarelle (a Roman green vegetable which is prepared with anchovies) I've had in a restaurant, fabulous octopus salad, cacio pepe pasta with chicoria and saltimbocca, made with suckling pig rather than veal. All fabulous. Wine was a bargain at 12 euros/bottle. We went with our one-year-old in a stroller: staff were charming and accommodating. We went back next day to get a takeaway, which was equally good and we ate on the terrace of our hotel: good to know they do that because I can see this place being queued round the block at a busier time of the year. Two starters, one pasta and one meat main, a shared dessert, coffee and water worked out at 80 euros total, so 40 euros/head.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Angus M

“Just go there!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2014 via mobile

My wife and I have spent 4 days in Rome. Guided by trip advisor we have been dining every evening in a different restaurant chosen from the list. Normal priced and more expensive. This place has pleased us a lot due to the quality of the food that is also more creative then on the traditional family menu. The place itself does not look to much restaurant but service is nice and food is excellent. Do not expect a super wine list and that could be better. But it is really worth to go there.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“What a great find”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

We tried this restaurant on a Friday night and were glad we had booked. It was busy with locals and a number of people were turned away after we sat down. Young, friendly and helpful staff. The wine was very reasonably priced and reflects the fact they are promoting local produce. Euro 14 for a bottle was pretty typical of what was on the list. They have some interesting special dishes on the blackboard and a very interesting menu. The starter portions are large by European standards and we could quite easily have shared. This is not a typical tourist menu so do not go if you want pizza and standard pasta. We will return.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank John W
New York City, New York
“Silver lining behind the clouds”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014

It was raining the day we decided to wander around the monument vittorio emanuele and we found this gem. No reservations, but we still (luckily) managed to get a table - the restaurant filled up only 20 minutes later. Food is great quality - octopus salad was to die for, as were their pastas and fish (although on the saltier side). Desserts were generously portioned, and go especially for the cheese cakes and the ricotta pie. The Chocolate Cake unfortunately was the only underwhelming part of the meal. Nonetheless, a very enjoyable experience.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Luc-wl
San Francisco, California
“Be prepared NOT to relax at the end of a meal”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2014

When I arrived for lunch, I was seated right next to the only table then occupied, which put an immediate crimp on their conversation. However, both tables were in the window overlooking Trajan's Column, so the server may have just been trying to give me a good view. When I asked for sparkling mineral water, they could only bring me a full liter bottle (no half liters), which I was not likely to finish by myself. The entree, breaded veal meatballs with chicory, was quite good. I asked for decaffienated coffee at the end of the meal, but was told that they didn't serve decaf. So I poured another glass of sparkling water, but before I could finish it, the server approached me and asked me to leave since, "we need the table". This has never happened to me in a restaurant before, and especially not in Italy, where dining has been, and should be, a relaxing experience. So, if you're willing to be hustled off at the end of your meal if they need the table, then, go ahead and patronize Enoteca Provincia Romana. I will not be returning.

• Visited February 2014