“Trip to rome & hotel viminale”
Review of Hotel Viminale

Hotel Viminale
Ranked #855 of 1,257 Hotels in Rome
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Trip to rome & hotel viminale”
Reviewed 28 February 2014 via mobile

We paid 55.00 a night and thats for two people! Rooms were clean, spacious, tidied everyday and the view was lovely! I cannot complain for what we paid! The breakfast was satisfying pastries lovely! I had 2 each morning!! The street that the hotel was on had cameras securing the building next to us so we felt very safe. The staff were helpful and the garden rooftop were lovely take your own wine too! When arriving in the centre make your own way to your hotel. We got dropped off by terravision, a taxi man were waiting for us and said hotel viminale was 25 mins away. It was a 5min walk so dont be cond! From the airport to the centre of rome took 35min then town to hotel 5min walk!

7 Thank dark707

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Polish first
Rome, Italy
Reviewed 9 January 2014

The hotel is nicely located, but it seemed the time had stood still there since the 70s. The rooms had antique furniture and old carpet. it feels like the set of an old movie on Rome. Not very clean, but a good shower/toilet. Nice views from the fourth floor. Actually it is worth a visit, as a curiosity

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Frans d
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 31 December 2013

I have spent 4 nights which I felt was value for money as I understand I didn't pay for a 5 star hotel in this city which is one of the most crowded with visitors in the world!
Efficient front desk staffs were helpful with basic info to get around the city. Breakfast is adequate which is appropriate to the discounted rate. Buffet style with unlimited tea, coffee and hot chocolate.
Can't beat the excellent location in this huge city! It's very central and yet locate in a very quiet, safe area which is the main point of my choice. Ideal for a base, Colosseum is only 20 minutes away, a 15 minutes walk you can reach the Termini station for all your connection. Everything within walking distance. Great restaurant nearby which is the tips given by front desk which is convenient after a long day out if you don't feel like going out far at night.
It is an old hotel and needs some updating. Bedroom is nice with the classic style which is up to individual preferences. Coffee/ tea making facilities is available in room. Bathroom had been renovated and many fresh towels is a plus.
Beautiful view of the city from the room and the terrace, I can see the bell tower of nearby Santa Pudenziana from my 4th floor room. The roof patio is very nice so does the small garden for a quiet late noon with my beer and it made me felt I am on holiday!
Definitely will return if I visit Rome again!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
5 Thank MaDaO88
Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 25 November 2013

The hotel is an old 4 star hotel and I have to say it does the job. But before anything the hotel needs to make their staff happy. I have to say everyone working in the hotel felt miserable. Service was beyond terrible and I normally don't care because i am not in Rome to stay in the hotel... but these guys need to change the way they talk to their customers. There was maybe one young guy on the reception who showed any kind of courtesy. The rest were rude. For example I asked to print a paper from the reception and I was told literally '' do it for a couple of cents outside''. When I said no I'll do it in the hotel he finally did it.

Otherwise location is good a 5 minute walk from Termini, and the rooms are decent even if old. Breakfast was also fulfilling. I would stay in this hotel again if service changed.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Thívai, Voiotia, Greece
Reviewed 12 November 2013

We have stayed twice in this hotel and we' ve left with the best impressions. We didn' t rent a car, therefore it was of the umost importance to us to have public transports at our disposal. Viminale was the best choice as it is situated near termini station where all buses and metros begin from. It is also close to other bus stops who take you to famous places all over Rome. Moreover, we enjoyed the breakfast in the open yard of the hotel and the beautiful room which had a nice view to the city. Most of all I was impressed by the reception service. The first time we got there we knew nothing about Rome. All the people who worked at the reception were more than kind to help us out. The gave as a map, they guided us and provided us with useful tips regarding the sightseeing!! Thans a lot Viminale!We are looking forward to visiting you again!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
6 Thank nantia_mos
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 4 October 2013 via mobile

Very comfortable Hotel located between Station and Colluseum Excellent clean and spacious rooms, and such helpful staff making your holiday as enjoyable as possible. Also near hop on Bus. For travellers also look at Omni Card abt AU$90,, will get you passes to all major sites, and no queues + all bus and train transport.

Stayed October 2013
8 Thank wortaboy
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Stayed in Rome 2 nights. Paid EUR120 per night plus tax, got told it was 4-star...sorry no way! Been in 2 star hotels in Bali with a better overall standard than this one. WiFi in room was hopeless. Mini bar still had someone else's half eaten bar of chocolate in it. Had 3 tissues left in box and it wasn't replenished the next morning as you would expect. Slept in a so called king size bed, nothing more than 2 singles made up as one bed, needless to say when you get together in the middle for a cuddle the mattresses separate! Breakfast was ordinary, boiled egg was rotten! Later learned they leave them on the table unrefrigerated for the next day! Waitress was so rude - I chose a table set for 3 because I liked its location but she rudely ushered me to a table for 2. While we sat eating a few more couples came in - and they sat at the tables set for 3! Would not recommend this hotel as a 4 star and certainly not as good value! Btw air con in room was so noisy - like sleeping next to a generator.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Liberty1959

Travellers are raving about these Rome hotels