“Average rating at most. Nothing too exciting.”

Sheraton Parco de' Medici Rome Hotel
Ranked #638 of 1,291 Hotels in Rome
County Dublin, Ireland
“Average rating at most. Nothing too exciting.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed number of nights business trip in February. Hotel has number of complexes in which I stayed in block #3.
Hotel was very busy due to medical conference - one morning there was queue of people waiting outside of breakfast room for a table. Service at breakfast was lacking efficiency - coffee ordering was random and slow with sometimes not being delivered at all - supervisor on duty didn't seem to be paying too much attention to this or their waiting staff. Otherwise breakfast range was average with meats, cereals, juices etc.
Room was clean was spacious with patio area outside. Good supply of bathroom products. Television didn't work, wouldn't switch on at all or wasn't able to flick thru channels. Checkout amazingly slow given the numbers in the hotel. Annoyingly upon arrival at main hotel block I was informed my room was actually across the road in the other hotel block so had a couple minutes walk over the road to checking there - they do have a dedicated walk way and shuttle bus (if you are prepared to wait) however opted to walk instead - tedious thing to have guests to do especially late at night after a full days travel and work. Wasn't impressed at all.
Didn't use restaurant.
Overall an ok option but not a great location for visiting tourists it's more for business / conference type guests. Didn't see one family at all during stay do guess this just reinforces my point about client type.

• Stayed February 2014
Direzione_Operativa, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Sheraton Parco de' Medici Rome Hotel, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Dear Dublin074,
Thank you very much for you kind review. Feedback from our guests allows us to constantly improve our service.

We regret that your expectations were not met and that we missed our opportunity to impress you positively whilst we had the chance to do so.

We hope to be able to welcome you back again in the near future so that we may be given the chance to impress you much more than this last stay, that seems to have been standard but not so enthusiastic.

0879/14/SP

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Arlon, Belgique
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

Booked this hotel with SPG points and requested an upgrade with additional charge.
This never worked out. Upon arrival and after complaining, an upgrade to a different room as initially requested was granted.
It was a senior suite and quite nice. Large living-,bed-and bathroom. Clean and functional.
The upgrade fee was EUR 25 a night with 20 pct discount on food and beverage. So worth the deal.
We were staying in the main building with view on the pool and the golf course.
We ate each night in the restaurant, which was certainly expensive but excellent. You pay what you get and I can only recommend.
For those wishing to visit Rome, the shuttle bus is very convenient. Of course the journey takes time as the hotel is situated between the airport and the city.
For us this location was convenient as we went as well to Fregene on the beach for a day. The hotel surroundings are quiet.
I would recommend this hotel only if you have a car. The shuttle service is nice but not sufficient. The parking was free of charge.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank SIEBENMEERE
Direzione_Operativa, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Sheraton Parco de' Medici Rome Hotel, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Dear Siebenmeere,

I wish to thank you for your kind words of appreciation that will help us to improve ourselves, as we understand that sometimes with effort and difficulty we succeed to satisfy the needs and the expectations of our honoured guests.

We very much look forward to welcome you back again to our premises for a warm welcome back.

0921/14/SP
London, England
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

I booked a delux room for one night with extra space for a rate of 120EUR and was expecting quality I've come to expect of a Sheraton Hotel. What a disappointment.
This review only covers the hotel room and it was awful - see pictures. Service and people were great but room was so dilapidated and poorly maintained that I asked to move to another room and was told the hotel is full (on a Tue night).
There's no point commenting on the rest of the hotel if they can't get the basic thing right - the room. Dirty bathroom, cracked bidet to trap germs, fixtures falling off walls, furniture with holes, curtains don't fully cover windows (!?!), no phone on desk, broken glass electric lamp (safety?), shabby decor like a hotel from 10 years ago in Caribbean.

I didn't realise it was possible to go wrong staying at a Sheraton but I guess it is.

I stay at about 30 hotels per year on business and rarely feel the need to comment on them but it's justified here. Check the photos. Each one was taken on arrival before the room was used. I would have changed hotel tonight if it wasn't already so late. Checking out first thing tomorrow.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Xerxel
Direzione_Operativa, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Sheraton Parco de' Medici Rome Hotel, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Dear Xerxel,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us through Tripadvisor.
Regarding your comments, we are dumbfounded from what you kindly described.
We’d like to have more details, if you have five minutes, please?
If you could send us an e-mail at info@sheratongolf.it so that we can investigate the situation you have kindly depicted.We look forward your kind reply.
Thank you again and we look forward to welcome you back at our premises.

0761/14/SP

Travellers are raving about these Rome hotels

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

I was greeted by chaos at check-in. When I went back to the front desk with some questions it was chaos again. The front desk informed me that their only cash machine was in another building and I would need a shuttle to get there. When I asked to exchange USD, which I view as a basic need for a traveler, I was informed $50 USD was the most they could do. When I asked for some basic info on the golf options, I was pointed to a sign accross the room. When I got to the sign it had almost no info on it at all. I wasn't waiting in the chaos line again so I gave up. An hour in and I was driven to write my first bad review in my life.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Cook1279
Direzione_Operativa, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Sheraton Parco de' Medici Rome Hotel, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Dear Cook1279,

We regret that we failed to provide you with the requested service. Normally, a chaotic reception should not create a disservice as our staff is sufficiently trained to deal with all the procedures just the same.
Sorry that you weren’t given golf information, also because we have a new person on our staff who deals only with these matters and who welcomes guests who have made reservations with golf packages and not only.
Regarding money exchange and ATM machines: we have confirmed with our front office manager that we exchange any amount of money and without making use of an ATM or other.

We hope to be able to welcome you back again in the near future so that you will be forced to write a positive review, thank you.

0726/14/SP
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

Arranged the hotel and transfers from airport/hotel/ship through Holland America. We had a room for 3 adults on the 4th floor, building 2 (main). Check-in was smooth and efficient. Giullo at the front desk was superb! Room was spacious, clean and comfortable. Large bathroom, great shower. Took the shuttle to the shopping mall, which was huge, clean and a nice way to spend our evening. Taxi back to the hotel was 15 euros. Excellent buffet breakfast, included with our hotel stay. Also enjoyed a few drinks in the lobby bar. Would return!

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Direzione_Operativa, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Sheraton Parco de' Medici Rome Hotel, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Dear Gdtoogo,

I wish to thank you for your kind words of appreciation. We are very happy that you appreciated our service and our professionalism. Work with guest like you makes feel improved and give us the chance to getting better.

0741/14/SP
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

As I've said in several reviews, I understand you can not compare European hotels to those in the US but there should be minimum expectations. The water pressure in this hotel was such that we were unable to take a shower...we barely were able to wash up. The room was larger than most we stayed in while visiting Italy but that is the most positive thing I can say. The staff acted like we were imposing on their time when asking a question. We asked the price of a taxi from the hotel to the airport and were told they had a contract for 35 euro....when we arrived at the airport, we were told it was 50 euro. This was out last night in Italy. Trafalgar uses due to being close to the airport. I would rather have better service and drive a little further to the airport.

Room Tip: No view on amy floor
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Joan T
Direzione_Operativa, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Parco de' Medici Rome Hotel, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Dear Joan T.
Thank you for writing your review. I am sorry that we failed to leave you with a positive impression and sensation at the end of your journey.

We further regret that our service was not what you’d expected and that our staff did not manage to show you enough empathy.

We will work very hard to resolve our shortcomings and in the meantime we sincerely hope that you will return to our premises in the near future so that we may be able to show you our true capabilities.

Yours very sincerely,
P. Moore Executive Assistant to GM.
Cuneo, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014

I have been twice to the Sheraton Golf in Rome and I really love the hotel.
it is an oasis of peace and relaxation, close to the airport and not too far from the city center.
the staff and guest relation people are friedly and Always at your disposal for any need.
I kindly recommend the hotel not only for leisure but also for business purpose...it is big, restaurant is nice, breakfast has a large selection of food.
see you soon

Room Tip: pool view room
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Direzione_Operativa, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Sheraton Parco de' Medici Rome Hotel, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Dear Acirrincione76,
We are very happy that you appreciated the beauty and the peace of our premises and enjoyed our services and offers such as our staff. We are very honoured to grant hospitality to everyone. We hope to be able to welcome you back again so that we may be given the chance to surprise you once more.

0606/14/SP