“good location, the smallest room of my life!!!”

Hotel Select Garden
Ranked #524 of 1,270 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 13 April 2013

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Reviewed 16 March 2013

This is a great hotel for people who just need a place to sleep. The rooms were small but clean and adequate for short stays but not for people who plan on spending large amounts of time in their hotel room. This hotel is close to Termini station or the central train station within walking distance.
We didn't have a problem with it but people who have a hard time climbing stairs would not be able to use this hotel ....there is no elevator.
The hotel was adequately clean and the hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. The hotel staff was able to communicate in English and give very good directions to any location we needed.
Breakfast was small but adequate to get the day started. This hotel also has a very comfortable beautiful courtyard to enjoy your breakfast we didn't get to use it because we went during wintertime The lady that runs the downstairs breakfast buffet was very helpful and makes the best cappuccino ever. I feel horrible that I can't remember her name...
There were plenty of restaurants on the same block and around the corner that serves food up to 11 PM. There are plenty of Italian restaurants available.
Like the rest of Rome this is not a car friendly area... if you rent a car you should not Stay here unless you plan on spending long periods of time trying to find a parking spot. If you can walk without issue you don't need a rental car here anyway.
Great location, friendly staff, acceptable room... We stayed here for the good price and it was well worth it ...transportation was readily available just a few blocks away..

Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 February 2013

We arrives in several minutes on foot from Termini Station.
you can walk with a suitcase.
A hotel does not have a gate and the suddenly main door faces the road ...like a common residence.
Since it is not visible to the hotel for sightseeing in a simple hotel with one signboard
It was anxious about me. However, mind was alike in it having ended up being groundless apprehensions,
and it seldom took time.

The guest room is designed compactly and in a user friendly manner.
Furniture is natural in a wood Style and tasteful.
Although there is no excessive amenity, the required thing has gathered.
We were able to stay with sufficient comfortableness.
I requested the room which has three single beds and tubs before a departure.
I think that the room, tub and bathroom are enough for three people.

Breakfast has several kinds of bread,juice, cheese, ham, salami, yogurt, cereal, sweets.
but there are no fresh vegetables. Especially I was impressed by the taste of the croissant.

Although it also had the electric coffee percolator, the staff brought specially the coffee made by his hand.
Although coffee was no charge, but i think it will become a charge if the time of breakfast passes.

Internet WIFI is no charge.
If you ask staff at front, the staff publishes and offers a password.
Speed is not bad.

An old town Rome, I can easily think that a daily failure occurrence attaches at the hotel where lodger interchanges every day in the building.
And I think that the real value of a hotel is found when a trouble occurs.
This trouble of this time was that the key of the room was broken and the door was not able to be opened.
The male staff fixed the key, sweating and the female staff reported all progress to us.
We went out for sightseeing, while he was fixing the key. they were not stolen although it had left money to the room.
At the time of check-out, she gave us the wine of the apology.
When I looked at these solutions of theirs, I felt actually that a hotel which trusted the staff of this hotel and I was able to stay in comfort.

A hotel and the staff actually have a very homely atmosphere.
There is no useless private talk, and it is not brisk too much, and is a warm hotel calmly slowly.

Although this hotel is a three star hotel, I think that it is four-five star hotel of for me.

When you choose a hotel in Rome, don't choose by the number of the stars of the amount of money or a hotel.
The reason for not staying at this hotel is not found.
I recommend this hotel strongly to all countries and the tourist of all the age.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank yuriko-japan
Reviewed 1 January 2013

Bad location - too difficult to find if you're traveling by car. Hadn't I looked for it on Google StreetView, I'd certainly get lost! I didn't even stay there because there had been some weird light problem at the hotel and no electronic equipment was working! No car park and only one receptionist. I was transferred to HOTEL EUROPA (Via Varese), which was apparently better.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 December 2012

We were traveling on from Rome to Florence by rail and stayed in Hotel Select Garden for convenient reach of the station. On arrival we were greeted warmly at the small reception area and given the key to our room. We ascended the stairs and entered to find a small but more than adequate space to enjoy our Rome visit. The gentleman on the desk was keen to make us feel welcome and give us ideas of places to eat and visit on our holiday. This hotel has a small but beautiful courtyard with cyclamen and fruit trees in abundance. I would recommend that visitors try and book a room with a view onto this courtyard instead of looking onto the street which is quiet enough but less picturesque. The breakfast room is a very clean and well maintained self service area providing bread, fruit and cold meats as well as croissants and sweet pastries and fruit juices. Coffee and hot water for tea are provided by machine, but I must point out that the lovely lady who runs this area offered us freshly brewed espresso to set us up for the day. We noted that this was offered to others too!
We found the staff in this hotel welcoming and kind. One of the team pointed out that we should be careful of pickpockets operating round the Termini Station area. This advice was invaluable and put me on my guard, which was good. This small but friendly hotel was an ideal base near the open top bus stop at Termini and a short walk from the fantastic Plaza Della Republica. This place was more than adequate for a short stay and within easy reach of the main transport hub for Rome.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the courtyard.
1  Thank george m
Reviewed 2 December 2012

The hotel rooms were small, run down and needed a lot of updating. However, the room was a very reasonable price and a short walk to the train station. Also, the staff members were quite friendly and accommodating. We stayed one night and had an early shuttle to the airport the next morning. The staff allowed us to eat breakfast before our shuttle arrived even though it was a little earlier than the official times for the breakfast. The breakfast was sufficient, but did not include any fresh fruit. As there are quite a few other hotels in this area, I would probably try another one on our next trip.

Reviewed 18 November 2012