“Lovely stay”
Review of Rose Garden Palace

Rose Garden Palace
Ranked #79 of 1,272 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 25 June 2013

My daughter and I chose this hotel for her 21st treat. We paid a bit more as we wanted something bit more special and were pleased we had. The hotel was a short walk from all the big attractions. Nice restaurants near and a handy Spar the next road up.
Spent some time soothing our travel weary feet in the spa which was fab. Breakfast. Had p,entry to offer and kept us going most days.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,025)

Reviewed 24 June 2013

We stayed there 4 nights and had several different rooms including a suite. Staff was very friendly and rooms for clean and spacious. We were on a higher floor which was quite and I was surprised by how well located the property is - right across from US Embassy and within 10 minutes walking distance to Spanish Steps. The breakfast service was excellent and if there was one area for improvement it could be the gym but given the small facility that might be unrealistic. We very much enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Spent 3 nights and 4 days in the Rose Garden Hotel which is across from the American Embassy in Rome and very easy for cabs and guides to locate in the center of the city.
The hotel is good but leaving my charger in the room when I left and the service I received from Ms Carmen Mattiello was fantastic.
Carmen was patient, understanding and professional while being kind and has an excellent understanding and capability of speaking English and servicing a guest.
When in Rome there is no better place to stay with great service and extreamly friendly staff.

Room Tip: speak to Carmen
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 June 2013

We stayed here for 4 days prior to taking a cruise, great way to start our holiday the hotel was very elegant, great location (Barberini) Trevi fountain within walking distance and the Metro also close by. Free WiFi is a must for us which the hotel provides if we had any complaints it was a male member of staff on the breakfast team, very miserable every morning and a small bottle of Peroni 8 Euros....sheeeeesh.

Room Tip: Rooms on the front are the best high preferably.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ian h
Reviewed 15 June 2013

This was a very pleasant Hotel to walk into. Immediately, I knew that the staff was friendly, kind, and had a great sense of humour. I noticed on the clock above reception that the time read 5:45pm, and I asked, is that really the time? The wonderful italien man replied "Alor.." as another female receptionist walked from behind the counter, grabbed a thin stick, and pushed the hands near the right time - "Now, it is right" he replied! Okay, I thought that was funny and made me feel right at ease. The lobby - spotless. The staff, friendly and helpful. I was eagerly waiting to make it up to our hotel room and was quite happy with the size. Room #507, beautiful view of the building next door, whose fresco colored walls reminded me that, yes, indeed I am in Rome! No terrace or balcony here but really, you didn't need it. There was so much to do in the next 4 days that the view was not as important and seeing the sights.
I have to say that I was disappointed that the walls appeared a bit dirty in places. Most likely from luggage being banged into it over and over again. Still, no excuse. How long does it take to have paint dry? Touch up the room a bit.
The bed: After 1 layover and 15 hours of sell deserved nap time, both my partner and I decided we needed to take a rest! The bed was inviting....for a day. It WAS SUPER HARD!!!! Holy guacamole! How can anyone sleep more than one night on that thing. I'm not over exaggerating when I say that I could feel my hip and thigh bones on that bed after the second day. I was soar all over. The pillows need changing out too. WAY TOO HARD ROSE GARDEN PALACE!!
I did get food poisoning the second day I was in Rome (I know "aweeee") and I have to say that the staff were VERY SWEET in sending up dry toast and an odd time of the day and they were just all around GREAT!
I did have a good time here. However, would I stay again? NOT TIL THEY GET BETTER MATRESSES AND PILLOWS!! Ouch!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mcb1999
Reviewed 14 June 2013

This beautiful hotel, across from the US embassy and close to the Borghese Palace was wonderful. Responsive staff a wonderful breakfast served daily and a beautiful room. We overlooked the US embassy gates. The only drawback was the twin beds. Since this was our first trip to Rome and handled by our travel agent we were surprised with the twin beds. We were there 3 nights in Mid May and though the weather was pretty chilly and wet most of the time, we do have lovely photos of the rose garden outside the restaurant.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 June 2013

We were at the hotel long enough that everyone got to know us. They were all extremely friendly and would go out of their way to help us with anything we needed - they all knew it was our first time out of the United States and gave us a lot of advice about things to do and where to go. Our room was very big (I'd heard a lot of rooms in Europe were extremely small), the breakfasts in the morning were the best, and the hotel itself was beautiful. I would definitely stay there again and recommend it to anyone going to Rome.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends