“Nice Hotel in Rome”

Ranked #85 of 1,257 Hotels in Rome
Overland Park, Kansas
“Nice Hotel in Rome”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We stayed here in mid-May for three nights in a combination of standard deluxe rooms and Jr. Suites. Overall this is a nice hotel. It is across the street from the U.S. Embassy on a quiet street corner. From the hotel, we walked to the Trevi Fountain, Spanish Steps, Pantheon. It is very close to Via Venetto which has many restaurants and shops. The room was well appointed, clean, bathrooms were nice. Hair dryers included. Room comes with a complementary bottle of water each day. Like other reviewers, our rooms were uncomfortably warm at night which made sleeping a challenge. There were temperature controls in the room, but changes didn't seem to help. There is no coffee in the room and the breakfast area opens at 7:00 so if you are an early riser, this can be a problem. Also, we were not impressed with the front desk staff. Requests for restaurant recommendations and walking directions were an inconvenience. This was our first time in Rome so a little guidance would have been nice.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Tracy R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 14 June 2014

I recently began a wonderful holiday in Italy with my stay at the Rose Garden Palace Hotel in Rome from June 2-5, 2014. It was a terrific experience. My room was large and beautifully decorated with a little balcony. Comfortable bed, to say the least. The front desk staff as well as all the staff in the hotel were extremely helpful, and lovely. The hotel is modern and there is a little pool and exercise room. The breakfast was great as well. The location was an easy walk to many sites and each morning the front desk staff helped me plot my walk for the day.

I wholeheartedly recommend this hotel to anyone heading to Rome.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank EMKR
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed 3 nights at the Rose Garden the end of May 2014. At first it was a good hotel. Not super fancy but nice. We felt like we didn't over pay for anything.

Our first night there I woke up in a pool of sweat because the AC never kicked on. All the hotels in Italy we stayed at had an energy saving system that would turn off the power when the key card was not in the wall. We had our windows closed so that the AC would turn on...it never did! We ended up having to open up a window and it was VERY noisy outside when cars/motorcycles would drive by.

The afternoon of our second night we arrived back at the hotel room to find out that the cleaning crew found a burn in the comforter (that we did not use cause it was so hot!) my straightener was sitting in a table near the bed. However I did not lay the straightener on the bed while fixing my hair. Plus, this was a small 1 1/2 inch burn. We women know the chi irons burn in a "v" shape. However they would not accept our claim the burn was not made by us and charged us $305 U.S. Dollars! Word to the wise..don't leave a straightener out in plain site-you will get blamed from something you did not do!

Lastly, for it being so close to the US embassy they do not cater to Americans well. Most employees did not speak English and their "bacon" at breakfast was a joke.

If your considering staying here I would reconsider. There were other, nicer places all over Rome.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Katy B
Woking
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

A friend and I stayed here for a long weekend and loved it. The hotel itself is modern, beautifully decorated and spotlessly clean, the staff are absolutely lovely, and it's well located for the metro. The buffet breakfast was definitely one of the better ones I've experienced - plenty of choice, hot and cold, delicious pastries and plenty of fresh fruit. The Trevi fountain is only about 10 minutes or so walk away, the nearest metro station - Barberini - is even closer and connects you easily to the main tourist attractions. Next time I'm in Rome I'll definitely stay here again.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We have just returned from a 5 night stay at the Rose Garden and found it perfect for our stay. Helpful staff, we'll kept and maintained rooms, and food in the hotel restaurant is first class. It is also great location if you want to-sample some of the delights of the Via Veneto such as Harry'Bar and Doney. Fifteen minutes to the Spanish Steps from here. And only ten minutes from The Borghese Gallery. The fitness centre is a bonus and we used it a couple of times to unwind after a couple exhausting days in Rome. Recommended.

Room Tip: If you can ask for a room on the top floor on the garden side as this should give you great views ov...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Terry H
Paris, France
Reviewed 27 May 2014

A modern setting within a stylish classic building.
Friendly reception staff... Comfortable room... Excellent buffet breakfast...
And an excellent location: 1 minute from famous Via Veneto...just opposite the American Embassy...

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

I was here visiting and our tour used this hotel. It was in a very nice area, not too congested with traffic and tourists. The rooms were decent but bathrooms are extremely small. Our room was very warm when we arrived and the AC could not keep up. We asked the hotel to check it and were ignored. They have a lovely pool, but come 11 pm they turn the lights out....even if you're still in it! There were no pool hours posted, I checked. I also had to ask for towels and the alarm for the sauna was going off for 45 minutes before I had to call for someone to turn it off. Good thing no one was in there because I checked!! If you eat at the hotel, the wait staff is miserable. Every morning at breakfast we were greeted with grunts and attitude. Also the wifi (which is free) is horrible. I could not get any service in my room and sometimes got lucky in the lobby. I was disappointed here. ....This was not how I wanted to end my trip.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple