“Perfect for location to Termini”
Review of Hotel Rimini

Hotel Rimini
Ranked #437 of 1,261 Hotels in Rome
Plano
“Perfect for location to Termini”
Reviewed 5 October 2013 via mobile

We needed a hotel for late night arrival and Hotel Rimini fit the bill. Directly down the street from Termini station, we bought food at the station and walked 1/2 block and we're set. After traveling 18 hours and no sleep this was an easy choice.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Bucharest, Romania
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Me and my girlfriend stayed there for 7 nights in August 2013. The experience was not that great. We were given the 2 room suite which has an awful bed, the walls were dirty or cracked, the shower was dirty and rusty. The hall walls were also dirty. The dining room was at the fifth floor and it was nothing special, there wasn't any variety in the food. The bread always seemed to be 2 days old, in one of the days they served expired butter, in another the juice was mostly water and I found a strand of hair in the omelette.
The the thing that I liked the most is that it was near Termini train/subway station and from there you could go anywhere.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Paris, France
Reviewed 28 September 2013

We spent 8 days in total at the Rimini during September 2013. Our experience was excellent and the hotel excelled in in a number of areas including great location (only 50 metres from Termini Train Station), charming and really helpful reception staff, good breakfasts in a nice dining room, and very good rooms ( we had two different rooms as our stay was broken up by a 3 day tour elsewhere in Italy). The rooms were spacious, airy with nice large bathrooms. Note that some earlier reviewers have negatively commented on bathroom size so there might be rooms with small bathrooms, however ours were very good. There is a lift, something not all that common in Roman budget hotels, although it is very small. However it works perfectly well. There is also a separate lounge/TV room which we didn't use but which might be useful if allocated a small room and seeking some extra leisure space. We will definitely return to the Rimini on our next Rome trip.

There are lots of eateries close to the hotel but quality varies enormously so be careful. Some are overpriced, some are cheap but definitely not cheerful. We did find one delightful ristorante called Donati's that is only 20 metres from the Rimini on Via Marghera. The food is delicious, the waiting staff are very agreeable, and the prices very reasonable. Don't go to the one on the opposite corner.....everything was forgettable except the inflated price!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 September 2013

I arrived in Rome termini at about half ten in the evening, all I had to do was to turn right, I saw the hotel sign straight away and I was able to relax in my room ten minutes later.
The hotel receptionist was very friendly and very helpful, he had really good knowledge of local shops, supermarkets, amenities etc and he was able to answer my questions about local tours and day trips with ease.
However, as soon as I checked in, I was disappointed with the hotel. I realized that the building actually accommodates two separate hotels, hotel rimini on level 4-6, and hotel corot on the levels below. You can see that the neighboring hotel Corot is more modern and impressive if you choose to walk up the stairs to reach your room. I did that quite often even though I lived on level 6, because the lift was small and extremely slow.
The single room I had was good size, and has everything you need. However, the fixtures and fittings wasn't up to my standard. To start with, the light was very dim, even with the toilet light and bedside lamp all switched on, I feel depressed in the room. The bed was the narrowest single bed I have seen in a hotel, even though the room can easily accommodate a bigger single bed. The combination of poor wiring&plumbing and very little sound insulation means, you can hear your neighbor take shower, flush toilet, watch tv etc, and in my room, there was a warm spot on the floor, which I suppose was because the floor tile was directly above the ceiling light of the level below. The worst thing for me however, was the fact that was no drain in the toilet, that means every time you take a shower(curtain partitioned), you will DEFINITELY flood your toilet. to make the matter worse, the toilet level is elevated, so the water goes into the room. Lastly, in my room, there was a spooky looking Modigliani painting, of a distressed woman with elongated neck and no eyeballs. To me, it makes the room feel eerie more than anything else.
The breakfast was alright, standard for a three star hotel, I liked the coffee and the cake. Room service was good, everything was cleaned nicely and my flooded floor was dried.However, one thing ignored was the inside of the minibar, there was stuffs left from the previous guest and dirty water in it. I waited two days for it to be cleaned before I cleaned it myself, as I need it to store water and soft drinks.
Overall, I think the hotel is worth the price they charge, its probably the minimum you have to pay in Rome to get a room like that. However, I wouldn't go back to this hotel again, because for my next trip to Rome, I will be willing to pay slightly more for better experience.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Shijian
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 9 September 2013

My friend and I stayed for three nights over a weekend. Check in was easy, the staff member was very heplful in calling the shuttle bus company to retrieve the lost wallet of my friends. Our room was clean and comfortable which is all I ask.

The location to Termini was fantastic and was so quiet despite it's location. There was a food cart situated at the end of the street which was handy in getting ice bottles of water. Having a fridge in the room was a bonus to keep our water cool and the air conditioning held up great on the 38 degree days we had!

The wifi connection wasn't strong in our room and we heard church bells at 7am on Monday and Tuesday morning.

Breakfast wasn't anything to write home about. If you weren't there early, you'd miss out on a lot of the food. The milk was spoiled on the last day.

Did the job for us who just needed a place to rest our heads and cool down after long days of exploring Rome.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 6 September 2013

This hotel was excellent value for money, clean and comfortable. We stayed here for 3 nights and you cannot get a better location as it is 50 metres to Rome Termini which gives you access to Metro line A and B (the only station in Rome that does) as well as a fast train to the airport and also the super fast trains to Naplesand Milan.

If you want convenience, this is the place. The lift is barely big enough to fit 2 people in and the breakfast was good enough given the pretty reasonable price for the room. Excellent value.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Warsaw, Warszawa, Poland
Reviewed 5 September 2013

We stayed at Rimini for only one night but everything was perfect. The hotel is located near the Termini station.We thought that this neighborhood will be scary, dangerous and awful, but in fact everything wasn't. Everything about it was perfect: the distance to the station, shops open in the night and a lot of people even at 1AM. Because of the location it was very easy to see a lot of Rome in one day!
The room was also fine, equipped with a clean bathroom, air-conditioning and a big bed which was a bit too hard. The best side of this hotel was the stuff. I've left there my jacket and after a week when i was again in Rome it was waiting for me in the reception!
I really recomend this hotel to everyone!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple