“A fun and informational find in Rome”
Review of Dolce Vita Rome

Dolce Vita Rome
Ranked #204 of 803 Tours in Rome
More attraction details
Owner description: Here at Dolcevitarome we specialise in small group and private tours. We have been operating in Rome for over 8 years, our small team of city experts and guides have a passion for the city and are here to take the stress out of travel. All our tours skip the long queues, giving you a chance to relax and enjoy Rome.
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“A fun and informational find in Rome”
Reviewed 21 November 2013

So, there is that moment when you are walking around the Colosseum and someone comes up and offers you a tour (in English, because as hard as you try to blend in you still don't look Italian). And they take your money and make you wait in a group and it seems a little sketchy (or as Alex said, "dodgey"), but then you get your narrated tour of the Colosseum. I had done this once before. However, this tour also came with a later tour of the Palantine hill (which I almost skipped because there was a two two hour break between the two and I had other plans for my day in Rome!)

However, I decided to hang around, and enter Alex, probably the coolest tour guide in Rome. He knows his history, carries around a bag of goodies and pictures on an ipad to show you what he's talking about, and really gave me a new appreciation for many things Roman. So when he mentioned at the end of the tour that he offers a small, night time tour around churches and catacombs - which sounds probably even more sketchy because 1) you need to pay a small deposit upfront and 2) I was a 26 year old American female in Rome by myself - I decided to go for it!

We had a very fun and informational night wandering around old Italian churches and hearing their histories and mysteries. I would definitely recommend it, and the next time I return to Italy I will definitely be looking Alex up. It was a wonderful way to spend my evening, and since it was an English tour, I also managed to run into some lovely Brits that let me tag along with them for the rest of the evening. Good times in Roma!

1 Thank Sarah J

Petaluma, California, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delce Vita Rome Tours with Alex”
Reviewed 13 November 2013

If you ever get the chance to go to Rome, Italy, run to the nearest airport and jump on that plane. I have fallen in love with Rome and would go back in a heartbeat. The reason was our the very talented tour guide Alex, that took our group on the most wonderful tour one evening in Rome. The stories of ancient Rome and Michael Angelo were so real I felt like I could see him there in the room with us, encouraging us to understand what he felt when he created his beautiful sculptors. Alex bought this passion, the fire, the emotions alive for us and it was impossible not to be transformed back to that ancient time. Alex told us of those that walked those cobblestone streets 2000 years before us and he shared their stories with us. His love of his City and knowledge of it was, without a question the best part of my trip!! It is a beautiful city full of secrets and surprises around every turn in the path, fountains and plazas that hold delightful little eateries, but by far you will miss it all unless you have Alex as you guide. Yes, I tossed my coin in the fountain and I hope to return to my newest love. Thank you Alex, Ciao!

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Onita P
Whitstable, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Alex the guide”
Reviewed 12 November 2013

My husband arranged our trip to Rome for my birthday, we had a brilliant time, but without a shadow of a doubt Alex was the STAR of our visit. His passion for Rome was infectious and as a group we all ended the evening having dinner together in a restaurant recommended by Alex (after he had provided us all with a chilled glass of prosecco) We had a brilliant evening the tour was FANTASTIC and the meal with our new American friends was lovely. The Rome tourist board should be paying Alex a commision.

Montreal, Canada
“Wish I had taken all my tours with him”
Reviewed 12 November 2013

I am in Rome on business and only had 2 days to squeeze in what I could. The Vatican Tour (with another service) was very good, the Coliseum tour was good, but Alex gave the Palatine tour and turned one of the more uninteresting ruins into gold. If I knew then what I know now I would have taken all my tours with him. Highly recommended.

Visited November 2013
“Great way to see Rome. Worth every penny.”
Reviewed 23 October 2013

We were walking up to the Colleseum and were approached by a woman offering tours. At first we were weary as there are a lot lf scams in Rome it seems, but we were pleasantly surprised.

Max toured us around the Colleseum and Alex toured us around the Palatine and then we took another evening tour with Alex.

The sights in Rome are amazing alone, but without a great guide you really don't know the history of what you're looking at. Alex's knowledge of Rome's history was amazing and he gave us so many interesting facts that we would never have known otherwise.

I would highly recommend both the tour of the Colesseum and the Palatine, but even more so the evening tour Alex offers.

Visited October 2013