“ALEX WE LOVE YOU”
Review of Dolce Vita Rome

Dolce Vita Rome
Ranked #222 of 826 Tours in Rome
More attraction details
Owner description: Here at Dolcevitarome we specialise in small group and private tours. We have been operating in Rome for over 8 years, our small team of city experts and guides have a passion for the city and are here to take the stress out of travel. All our tours skip the long queues, giving you a chance to relax and enjoy Rome.
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Alex was brilliant, I wish we could of carried him around with us for our whole trip, just so he could tell us about all the wine bars, restaurant's and secrets of Rome!

Although it was amazing finding out about the Palatine, I am still a bit confused as to why we didn't explore the Forum :( as we were told we were going to!

But he was so enthusiastic and worth every penny.
Max did our tour of the colosseum and that too was amazing!

we went out again and did the mysteries tour with Alex on Monday morning which was awesome!

Although we were recommended a tour with Rome Around and got a tour guide called Roberto ( i think) .. and he wasn't great sadly, we didn't even get to see the art work in the Vatican, and he would literally only tell us whatever had the most room next to it for us all to stand at the time!

thanks alex!

Reviewed 19 January 2014

I would highly recommend mainly based on the tour guide. We bought the service without prior intentions just outside Colosseum. Someone from their company approached us and offered few last places in the tour to start in a minute. The two part tour consisted of Colosseum with one guide and Roman Forum with another. The latter one guided by Alex was the highlight. With the enthusiasm and knowledge he shared I started to see things that were not there anymore. He was very entertaining and it's always easier to listen to an english native speaker. If it would have not been our last day in Rome I would have booked another tour with Alex!

Reviewed 18 December 2013

Our party of 3 (including our 9-year old child) recently booked a Vatican Tour with a Dolce Vita, based on reviews we had read on trip advisor about Alex.

We booked and arrived at the designated time and place and were nominated Fabiola as our guide.

Fabiola was a brilliant guide. She was engaging and answered all our questions without hesitation. Even though our group grew from 4 at the outset to 17 at the end, the headsets made it easy to hear the commentary at all times.

I would highly recommend this tour.

1  Thank TeamWLNR
Reviewed 16 December 2013

We looked up Alex on advice from my brother and we were overly impressed by his knowledge, rapport with everyone and his passion on showing/explaining the hidden facts about rome. After speaking to him further we found that he's not just any tourist guide but a professional historian working for Nat Geo and consulting on HBO shows like 'Spartacus' and 'Rome'. We felt extremely privileged to be given these tours by Alex as he's a genuinely a really nice guy and really passionate about what he's doing.

On a whim my wife and I from Australia did the Palatino tour and the evening mystery tour where we shown where Michelangelo was originally buried and all the history and facts behind this. We saw marvellous Sculpture and the amazing stories behind them.

We're glad to of met Alex and he exceeded our expectations. Without him our Rome visit would of been quite dull to be honest.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

So, there is that moment when you are walking around the Colosseum and someone comes up and offers you a tour (in English, because as hard as you try to blend in you still don't look Italian). And they take your money and make you wait in a group and it seems a little sketchy (or as Alex said, "dodgey"), but then you get your narrated tour of the Colosseum. I had done this once before. However, this tour also came with a later tour of the Palantine hill (which I almost skipped because there was a two two hour break between the two and I had other plans for my day in Rome!)

However, I decided to hang around, and enter Alex, probably the coolest tour guide in Rome. He knows his history, carries around a bag of goodies and pictures on an ipad to show you what he's talking about, and really gave me a new appreciation for many things Roman. So when he mentioned at the end of the tour that he offers a small, night time tour around churches and catacombs - which sounds probably even more sketchy because 1) you need to pay a small deposit upfront and 2) I was a 26 year old American female in Rome by myself - I decided to go for it!

We had a very fun and informational night wandering around old Italian churches and hearing their histories and mysteries. I would definitely recommend it, and the next time I return to Italy I will definitely be looking Alex up. It was a wonderful way to spend my evening, and since it was an English tour, I also managed to run into some lovely Brits that let me tag along with them for the rest of the evening. Good times in Roma!

1  Thank Sarah J