“Best tour around the world!”
Review of Dolce Vita Rome

Dolce Vita Rome
Ranked #114 of 849 Tours in Rome
More attraction details
Owner description: Here at Dolcevitarome we specialise in small group and private tours. We have been operating in Rome for over 8 years, our small team of city experts and guides have a passion for the city and are here to take the stress out of travel. All our tours skip the long queues, giving you a chance to relax and enjoy Rome.
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I've traveled through 27 countries, across 5 continents which means I've listened to A LOT of tour guides. No one can compare to this experience.

I literally stumbled onto Alex's tour at the Forum as I missed the one I'd paid for (I wasn't aware the clocks had changed) and he was gracious to include me. With actual artifacts that he passed around for everyone to examine, he brought to life the people and lifestyle of the early Romans.

I immediately booked another of his tours for the next day,The Mysteries of Rome. Again the tour exceeded my expectations. It's obvious that Alex is not your run-of-the-mill tour guide. He is passionate about his topic and has a depth of knowledge that goes beyond the surface of the building or sculpture he is showing you. He shares his information through stories supported by facts and creates pictures for the mind's eye. There is no better way to learn about history!

2  Thank JOY81356

Reviewed 23 March 2014

While other guides deliver a lot of fun facts, Alex tells GREAT STORIES about the sites you're seeing! Whether you've been to Rome before, or are traveling there for the first time... be sure and take at least ONE of his amazing tours! This guy is FANTASTIC!!!

Reviewed 22 March 2014

Would highly recommend Alex's mysteries of Rome tour his knowledge and passion for history make the tour exciting and interesting whilst being great value for money! Will be going back to do his tours again! Thanks for a great trip Alex from the charming English girls (19/03/14)

Reviewed 5 March 2014

Alex was brilliant, I wish we could of carried him around with us for our whole trip, just so he could tell us about all the wine bars, restaurant's and secrets of Rome!

Although it was amazing finding out about the Palatine, I am still a bit confused as to why we didn't explore the Forum :( as we were told we were going to!

But he was so enthusiastic and worth every penny.
Max did our tour of the colosseum and that too was amazing!

we went out again and did the mysteries tour with Alex on Monday morning which was awesome!

Although we were recommended a tour with Rome Around and got a tour guide called Roberto ( i think) .. and he wasn't great sadly, we didn't even get to see the art work in the Vatican, and he would literally only tell us whatever had the most room next to it for us all to stand at the time!

thanks alex!

See more reviews
Reviewed 19 January 2014

I would highly recommend mainly based on the tour guide. We bought the service without prior intentions just outside Colosseum. Someone from their company approached us and offered few last places in the tour to start in a minute. The two part tour consisted of Colosseum with one guide and Roman Forum with another. The latter one guided by Alex was the highlight. With the enthusiasm and knowledge he shared I started to see things that were not there anymore. He was very entertaining and it's always easier to listen to an english native speaker. If it would have not been our last day in Rome I would have booked another tour with Alex!