“Exceptional value”
Review of Clover Guestrooms

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Clover Guestrooms
Ranked #1,832 of 3,642 Rome B&B and Inns
Melbourne, Australia
“Exceptional value”
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Second stay. Once you have collected keys for Clover from Beehive hotel, the main lodgings which is only 5 mins walk from Termini, backtrack through Termini and with clear directions arrive at Clover (10 min walk). Quaint lift to excellent apartment with several double and single rooms. Shared bathrooms (2), wifi, kitchen with all facilities, makes stay in Rome a pleasure. Located within walking distance of metro, buses and lots of sights. Excellent cafe with wholesome food available for breakfast if not wishing to make your own. Francesca at reception and website extremely helpful. Pleasantly surprised with this cost effective little gem,

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Seattle
Reviewed 18 October 2012

The location was convenient and we had a nice, large room with a balcony. The two shared bathrooms were good. Our bed (twins made into a double) was not very comfortable. Our other main issue was that the wifi was not working for our entire 4-night stay here, though when we arrived we were told it would be fixed the next day.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Prineville, Oregon, United States
Reviewed 25 July 2012

I stayed at Clover while touring Rome. I found it easy to walk to all of the sights. If you are not up for walking the Metro and bus stations are within a block. The rooms at Clover were lovely with great attention to detail. The kitchen was large and well laid out if you were up for cooking in. I was pleasantly surprised by how large and nice the bathrooms were. Everything was clean and neat with just the right furniture. The staff was amazingly helpful and the breakfast was divine.
I plan on staying again when I go back to Rome.

Room Tip: I liked the inside rooms that faced the courtyard best.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
Santiago Metropolitan Region, Chile
Reviewed 24 July 2012

Everything was excellent! The management was very friendly (although I did not have any problems so I just talked to them at the time I did check in). The room neat, clean, tidy. So were the [shared!] baths. The location... marvelous! Just a block and a half from Roma Termini means you can get something to take you anywhere in town, and out of town, too (like the very convenient Leonardo Express to Fiumicino Airport); by the way, you may leave your luggage at Termini, too. I did not make any use of the kitchen and dining room as I ate always outside, but they seemed to be fine to me. Having wi-fi was welcome, too!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
Umeå
Reviewed 12 April 2012

We stayed att The Clover guestroom during Easter. The place was clean, nice people staying there and welcoming staff. A big problem was the door to one of the bathrooms - the handle was broken so we could sometimes not lock the bathroomdoor. The bedroom was very cold and you will need ear-plugs to sleep well because of the noice from the traffic outside.

Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 22 November 2011

I stayed here for a quick layover before flying back to the States. The decor, cleanliness and attention to detailed instructions made it super easy for a single middle-aged woman to find the place and get situated. There was a kitchen that looked very serviceable but I didn't have time to use it. The artwork and minimalist furniture was very pleasing but the standout for me was the bed! The mattress, down cover and pillows were the of best quality I have ever experienced in my travels around the world. It was torture getting out of bed in the morning. I truly wanted to stay in there for an entire day. Everyone was very friendly and helpful at The Beehive. This couple's focus on the environment and consciousness about responsible consumption is genuine and I felt very much at home. Highly recommended!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 1 November 2011

Our recent stay at the Beehive's Clover apartment was exactly what we look for in a home-away-from-home while on vacation. Our room was large, well-furnished and very clean, with good ventilation and a window looking out towards the street. We made good use of the communal kitchen, cooking several of our evening meals on site. Clover has a good supply of kitchen tools at their disposal including a stove and kettle, small fridge and convection microwave for preparing meals. Nearby, we found the large indoor market (Mercato Esquillino), and a small Italian food store(Auguri) open late on Principe Amadeo which made eat in easy and inexpensive. There is also easy access to the metro, bank machines, and the train is a mere 5-minute walk up the road. As for proximity to the major sights, Clover is a little far, but for those who love to experience a city by walking through its neighborhoods, you couldn't ask for a better place. It is a comfortable 20 minutes to Fori Imperiali, where the Colosseum and Roman Forum are located.
Clover apartment is also equipped with WiFi, which made travel blogging a breeze, and let us research our travels as well as keep contact with home. Generally, we felt very at home staying in Clover and would definitely stay there for future visits to Rome. The only thing we would love to see next time is a few comfortable chairs in the common areas of the apartment. It would encourage socializing among everyone staying in the apartment(there are 3 separate rooms), which I found was lacking during my stay, since the most comfortable place to relax was in our room.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple