“Hotel stay from Sunday 4 may 2014 to Tuesday 6 may 2014.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Quisisana

Hotel Quisisana
Ranked #1,194 of 1,292 Hotels in Rome
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Hotel stay from Sunday 4 may 2014 to Tuesday 6 may 2014.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014

Hotel stay from Sunday 4 may 2014 to Tuesday 6 may 2014. Upon arrival the receptionist (young female) did not seem very friendly. Check in was very slow. The hotel charges 2 euros per person per day city tax. Having gone to the room allocated to myself and my girl mate we found the bathroom to be in a very poor state as the bath tub was dirty and looked as though it had not been cleaned. Also we were expecting 2 single beds but got one double bed instead. We went back to reception and informed the young female receptionist that the bathroom was dirty and we wanted another room and which also had 2 single beds. The receptionist did not make any attempt to apology for the poor state of the bathroom however she did accommodate our request for another room with 2 single beds. Having gone to the second room allocated to us we found that to be better but my friend noticed hair in the bath tub which was not pleasant. I advised my friend that we should run the shower and rinse the bathroom which is what we did. Then expecting to have a hot shower we were greeted with cold water. I went back to reception and informed the receptionist that the water was cold she proceeded to explain that I had to leave the tap running for ten to fifteen minutes and then the water would become hot. I wasn't convinced but I did this and voila after fifteen minutes of running the shower tap the water was spectacularly hot. I was astonished but very pleased and pleased that we would not have to have cold showers. The hotel does not do currency exchange. There was no wi-fi access for my whole stay as it was not working - not very impressed. Breakfast is cold -2 types of cornflakes and milk, orange juice, tea, coffee, croissants and bread rolls with jam and butter. At night I could hear a lot of noise it sounded as though people were working and it was very hard to go to sleep with all the noise. Location wise the hotel is near many stalls and shops selling souvenirs at very affordable prices. These is also streets and streets of restaurants a stones throw away from the hotel that you have the choice to dine at. There is also newsagents and supermarkets dotted around where you can pick up essentials such as bottles of mineral water.
Sightseeing wise giardini plazza vittorio, santa maria maggiore, colle oppio, domus aurea, the colosseum, palatine hill, trevi fountain, Spanish steps and the Vatican City is all within walking distance. Myself and my friend saw all these places in one day from about 10.15 in the morning to 7pm and then it took about an hour and half to 2 hours walk to get back to the hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank 1sam

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Birkirkara, Malta
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

Hotel is just 3 minutes away from station so in that sense it is very good. Rooms aren't the cleanest especially in those areas where it's more difficult/unusual to clean. Hot water form the shower comes out only after a few minutes.

Nothing was broken in my room. Tv was very small and no remote was present, buttons on tv itself were impossible to press. I asked twice for a remote at the reception but the remote never arrived.

Breakfast is of very low quality.. I'd rather go the station's coffee shops. The area is not nice at all.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank GMicallef

Travellers are raving about these Rome hotels

Essex, united kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

I visited this hotel with my adult daughter. Unfortunately during the first night my daughter became very ill and an ambulance had to be called. She had to stay in hospital for just over 2 days. On the second morning I did not want to be walking around with her money and my money and so as there was not a safe in our room I asked at reception if they could put it in their safe. When two days later I asked for the bag with the money it was simply pulled out from under the counter with a ticket stuck on it. I was even more worried when on opening the bag I felt certain there was money missing. I could have kicked myself because before I handed it in I did have a quick count but had lost my pen and so didn't make a note but even rounding everything up to 20 euro for each item bought It was still short especially considering apart from a meal the first night I'd only been to the hospital and back. I did speak to the person on reception but understanding English seemed to become more difficult. I couldn't prove anything but feel very strongly we were skimmed so beware if you hand anything over to go into their safe as I don't think they have one.
I booked this hotel after reading the reviews but then I like to make my own mind up. I remember reading a review that said there was a punch hole in the bathroom door which is still there and gives off a very negative feel also We were unable to have a shower because there was no water pressure and so it was make do with washes from the running water out of the sink. To wash my hair took quire a while out of dribbling water. The beds were clean and the room smelt clean.
Because I was always out and at the hospital I I'd not complain enough but I would not stay here again.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank julieb57
Irakleion
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2013 via mobile

We spent 3 nights at this hotel.
First of all it is a dirty hotel... In the shower you had to let the water flow for 20 min, so you can have hot water...
BUT the worse comes now...
We were 3 couples, 3 rooms.. The second day we realized that the girl that cleaned our room messed with all of our luggages.
The last day we put a mark on the suitcases, and unfortunately we confirmed our suspicions... Ich....
Our room was at 3 rd floor and was the best of the three...
The second and third room were on the 5 fth floor..
Two of the three days of our stay the power on this floor was off and they could not enter they room, they couldn't even walk through the hall..!
Outside the window of one of the rooms was a nest of bees....
My friends fight with bees 3 nights in a row...!
When we complain at the reception, they claimed they had no rooms available and they said that they know and by the time they saw our angry faces they STOPPED SPEAKING ENGLISH...
Just don't stay there. It is close to the terminal but don't worth your money at all...

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Industrial D
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2013

Old hotel with excellent location (across the street from Termini station, small and shabby room, breakfast nonexistent (croissants, muffins, coffee and tea). Letter because a high note at the reception, very open and helpful.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with fru.pl

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2013 via mobile

We booked this hotel through flight centre very last minute. It wasn't until after it was booked did I think to check on Trip Advisor and I wish I didn't.
The reviews of this hotel are terrible and really made me worried about staying here.

As it happens I was pleasantly surprised. We did not fear for our lives walking down the so called 'dark and dangerous' street south of the Termini station and instead of meeting rude staff as many have complained about, we met a nice gentleman who spent half hour of his time highlighting all the sights of Rome on a map for us. He recommended places to eat and the best routes/buses to take.

Our room (340) was absolutely fine. Yes the walls/ furniture and curtains were dated, yes there was a slight crack in the sink but we always had hot water and a comfortable clean bed to sleep on. The tv showed only 3 Italian channels however you don't come to Rome to watch tv!

The breakfast was basic but adequate - tea/coffee and pastries/rolls & juice. Make sure you get there early though as there are limited tables and you may have to wait around.

The hotel is in a great location, from fiumincino airport you can get the Leonardo express to Termini and walk two minutes to the hotel.
The Colosseum is only 15 minutes down the road and lots of ristorantes and Tratorrias line the streets adjacent to the hotel.

This hotel is a basic 3 star nothing more nothing less - I believe that everyone who has complained so far about rude staff or being given bad rooms were probably not as innocent as they make out. Show the staff some courtesy and they may just make your stay more enjoyable.

Perfect hotel for what we needed - good location, a place to sleep and wash and have a light breakfast before our long day in the city.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
10 Thank BenandRach88
Antwerp, Belgium
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2013 via mobile

I was the lucky one who had hot water, others had to take a cold shower. Toilets don't flush, hairs in the bathroom, stains on the walls, room doors with punched holes in them from a barfight or so,....

Stay away.