“Suited us but maybe not everyone”

Hotel Principe Di Piemonte
Ranked #725 of 1,257 Hotels in Rome
Heraklion, Greece
“Suited us but maybe not everyone”
Reviewed 30 July 2011

As wrinkly hotel users we found this hotel to be perfectly adequate in as much as everything inside the hotel suited us. The continental breakfast was good. Showers were good and everything was clean. The rooms at the back of the hotel would be preferable to the front which looks onto the main street - a noisy main street. Being near the Termini Railway station there were a few "ladies of the night" who could be seen but in no way did we feel threatened. The management were very helpful. We would certainly go back again but we could understand that some delicate, fussy people would not like the area. It was 20 minutes walk to the Colosseum and 30 to the Vatican. The local metro is very handy and very efficient. There is a superb, small, family run restaurant about 100 yards to your left out of the front door. It is the Restaurant Santa Anna which is superb.

Room Tip: You can get in touch in advance to book rooms at the back
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Polish first
San Jose, California
Reviewed 29 July 2011

My girlfriend and I stayed 3 nights at hotel Principe Di Piemonte

Location: Good
About 15~20 mins from Termini on foot, but it could be painful if you carry heavy luggage. Taking the light rail for only two stops would make things much easier (I recommend getting the Roma pass). A bus station is right around the corner that can take you to the Coliseum and Vatican. Another subway station to the west (Manzoni), which can take you almost every place you want to see, is only 10~15 mins on foot. We also enjoyed the food at the restaurant and purchased some supplies at the grocery store, both near the bus station.

Room: Good enough if you don’t plan to spend too much time
Room is clean but small and furniture is old. Lots of TV channels though, including MLB games. Bath towels feel more like bed sheets. The last night of our stay, we got moved to a much nicer room (similar size but with brand-new furniture and real towels) down the street. So you might want to ask for those.

Breakfast: Good
Typical continental breakfast with good coffee (well I don’t think we had any bad coffee at all through out our 2 week trip in Italy)

Service: Very good
Very friendly and English-speaking staffs helped us with directions. Also, Wi-Fi is available

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Poeroy
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 July 2011

Staff very friendly and helpful, no complaints about staff.Bed and breakfast basic, hotel quiet and clean. Places to eat quite close.
Hotel is 20 minutes walk to Termini station, but it is a walkable distance to centre-- 45 mins.
Would recommend if you wanted a quiet stay at night.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 15 May 2011

Close to Termini Station. It was clean and the staff was very nice. When we got there, we were given a map and the man who checked us in wrote which buses and trains went to which sites. It was very helpful and we used that map the whole time we were there. The room was clean, two beds pushed together, but we got over that. Shower was nice size, my husband is 6'5" and he was just fine and the water pressure was great. We could hear the trains running because we kept the windows open during the evening but we were so tired after all the site-seeing we slept well every night. The breakfast was just pastries and cereal, juice and coffee but it was nice to have it right there. It was within walking distance of the Colosseum and a lot of sites and the neighborhood around the Port de Maggoria was nice with several lovely restaurants.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KimberlyNash
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 7 October 2010

We stayed here and found the hotel to be good. The staff could not have been more friendly and helpful. The rooms were on the small side, but we did not spend a lot of time in the room. Yes, the towels were different than they are in America - but they were fine. Americans - get over it. Yes, there was graffiti in the area - but this is Italy - home of graffiti. We found the area safe and the location central.

Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank fish39
Stamford, Connecticut
Reviewed 17 August 2010

Overall this is a great little hotel. The front desk staff was wonderful. I needed to get a taxi to the airport at 4 am and they arranged it for me no problem. The room was extremely clean. I loved the air condition, although I never really figured out how to change the settings. It was perfectly comfortable though. The TV was also too complicated for me, but I’m technically challenged!

My only real complaint, which others have mentioned, was the location. It is definitely a bit out there. The length of the walk itself was not the problem. It is only ten or fifteen minutes from Termini and I did it with little problem carrying two bags. But as a 22-year-old woman traveling alone I felt slightly uncomfortable walking there with my bags. I got hassled a few times, nothing big just a few comments. I’m glad I arrived in Rome in the afternoon and not at night. That being said though, I never felt unsafe in the area and once I dropped my bags off at the hotel I felt the walk was fine. It is a bit out of the way of most of the major attractions though. This wasn’t really an issue for me since I was just staying the night before catching an early morning flight, but I can see how it might be a bit frustrating for someone hoping to explore the major sights of Rome.

All in all I felt this hotel was definitely a good value for the price and I would recommend it.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank MaggieMay148
chicago
Reviewed 2 August 2010

This hotel is lovely. The rooms are just the right size . Every thing was spotless!!!!!! The staff was very friendly and always went out of their way. Can't wait to go back!!

• Stayed January 2009