“Good stay”

Ranked #238 of 1,256 Hotels in Rome
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Good stay”
Reviewed 5 April 2011

We had a good stay at Hotel Sonya. It is close to metro and Via Nazionale. Spacious rooms by European standards. Great shower albeit small.
Comfortable bed. Plenty of storage. WI fi worked well in our room. Did not eat breakfast there. Safe area. Walked everywhere except Vatican City. A little loud at night.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank drmrsmich

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 31 March 2011

This way my first trip to Rome, the hotel Sonya and it's sister Hotel Opera was great.
I live in Las Vegas and know good hotels. The staff were very helpful, I felt safe, rooms very clean, and centrally located, we walked every where.
I will make the Hotel Opera my home away from home on my next trip to Rome.

Room Tip: All you have to do is contact the Hotel directly
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank paaquinn
Guatemala City, Guatemala
Reviewed 23 March 2011

Two friends and I stayed four nights at the Hotel Sonya in Rome. It is located within walking distance to Termini Train Station. Our room was small, but most hotel rooms in Italy are. It was extremely clean and came with satelite tv. We are able to keep up with news back home in the states. We were also able to walk to all the sites in central Rome without a problem. The employees were very friendly and helpful. I would definetly stay here again.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank IrishTexasAggie
HotelSonya, Owner at Hotel Sonya, responded to this review, 24 March 2011
Dear IrishTexasAggie

Thank you for choosing Hotel Sonya and for taking a moment to share your review.
I will gladly share your comments with my team and look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel Sonya in the very near future.
Best Regards

Basilio Nicoli
Cergy-Pontoise, France
Reviewed 15 March 2011

Very cold and noisy room (noise coming from the high traffic in the street)
Small and unpersonal restaurant only available for breakfasts
Not far from Termini which is practical for travelers
Kind people working there.
Free access to Internet
Coffee and teabags in the room (one of each per person)

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank ZebWin51
Lisbon, Portugal
Reviewed 12 March 2011

the worst hotel ever, terrible!!
our room didnt even had a WINDOW!! the bed was terrible, the room was really small, in general, very very bad!!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
7 Thank shrilka
HotelSonya, Owner at Hotel Sonya, responded to this review, 24 March 2011
Dear Shrilka
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay with us; We understand that your experience was less than perfect.
I look forward to speaking with you directly concerning your recent stay. I may be contacted at 0039 064819911, or info@hotelsonya.it.
Because unlike the detailed comments of other guests, your comment is not very clear and does not help to improve our work. Or help other prospective users to understand our strengths and weaknesses
For example, do not understand why you say that your room has no window
when it was enough to open the curtains you see in the second picture you took
I do not understand either a reviewer ranking so low on the position and cleanliness
I imagine A ranking of 1 to a hotel that is 4 km from the center of the city, not to us that we are 20 minutes walk to the Coliseum and Spanish Steps.
Is also unclear the complaint about the bed, i can not understand if you dont like the bed or our natural latex mattresses
I agree rather with the size of the room, which is not one of our bigger room
The only conclusions that I can draw is that following your booking see that you were only one night here with us arriving here at 9.00 pm with departure at 11.00 am the next day.
Perhaps in that short period of time could not appreciate the personalized service that we offer our customers.
I also read the other comments you wrote to other places you have visited and I see that from a total of 5 reviews you found 3 terrible places
I would understand if the word "Terrible" is just a way to say or if we have to change all our policy work
Im sure that you can help us to improve our work, and In the meantime, we remain fully at your service and look forward to the chance of welcoming you back at the

Sincerely

Basilio Nicoli
ireland
Reviewed 4 March 2011

Booked the hotel Sonya about two months before our stay. Arrived about 21.30, tired and were disappointed to be told we were staying in their other hotel down the street , the Hotel Opera. Have written a review on this hotel and overall we were disappointed and we were told that this is their 'new more modern better hotel', as quoted by the receptionist.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank cath32
Jersey Shore
Reviewed 23 February 2011

Front desk was friendly enough. The breakfast server was excellant. He was very friendly and quick to serve us.

I must say I was disappointed based on the Tripadvisor reviews I had read. I wasn't expecting a luxury 5 star hotel but more than what we got. for our money Room was very outdated. We had water up to our ankles everytime we showered. It was a little bit better after maintainence came but still backed up. There was a horrible smell coming from the bidet so we had to keep the bathroom door closed when we were in the room. Outside noice was pretty bad that I kept thinking the window was open.

We thought staying near the train station would be convienent but this area didn't have the character that other parts of Rome have. We paid the most per night for this hotel as opposed to the other 4 hotels we stayed in during our trip to Spain/Italy. Those other hotels far surpassed this hotel in accommodations and value. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family