“Let the buyer beware... a miserable experience”
Review of Hotel Trevi

Hotel Trevi
Ranked #443 of 1,273 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 19 September 2013

My wife and I ded a month long, eight hotel stay throughout Italy by spending one last night at this hotel. In a nutshell, this was our worst hotel experience in-country. We arrived at 2pm with a prepaid voucher for our one night at the Trevi Collection hotel. We were promptly greeted by the receptionist that there was no room for us there, but we would be shuttled to another property "around the corner". She also said we would have our pre-paid "Superior Room" or better for our troubles. We were then taken, by van,to the Hotel Trevi where the single receptionist was not really knowledgeable about the situation but checked us in anyway. To our surprise, a bellman then took our luggage out of the building and down the street to ANOTHER property, a dungeon-like building requiring three keys for entry. He took us down a long hallway and across an empty inner courtyard to our first floor room. The room???--- It was tiny, with no window except a high ventilation window to a very active back alley. The room was adjacent to the open kitchen of a neighboring restaurant.

I resent the bait and switch tactics of the hotel staff. I also resent the "we're so busy" attitudes that we NEVER saw from any other hotelier during our month long journey.

Several other things: the breakfast was the worst of our trip. And, do not schedule a van to the airport through the hotel, because although they advertise a relationship with a van company, the front desk has absolutely no interest whether the van arrives or not. It did not.

I cannot fathom the terrific reviews of other visitors and am envious we did not have a suite -like room. Far from it...

Room Tip: Good luck...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank rwoavon
GruppoTrevi, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hotel Trevi, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2013

Dera Sir,
we are very very sorry for the unpleasant stay in our hotel. We are a group of 6 hotels in Rome
and we try to offer the best to our guests.

We hope you will choose again one of our hotels and we will be happy to offer a complimentary
upgrade in one of our deluxe panoramic room at the Trevi Collection

Wish you a nice day

Antonio Stancato
Operation mgr

Write a ReviewReviews (1,087)

Reviewed 18 September 2013

I'd stayed here a couple of years ago and loved the location and the friendly staff. I'm just back from my second trip to Rome and chose the Trevi again and I'm delighted I did. My daughter and I were given a mini-suite which was lovely; still a short stroll from the fountain etc. The staff were so helpful and the breakfast was also good - particularly nice coffee. I cannot emphasise enough what good value this was for money. A central location and staff who made my daughter's first visit to Rome memorable. Thank you.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Lynn M
Reviewed 15 September 2013

We had a very good experience at Hotel Trevi. We had a room in one of the other buildings (a deluxe double which was very nice and fairly spacious). I booked it several months in advance, so, I received a very good rate -- I checked back periodically after booking and the rate was always higher. The breakfast room was fine and the breakfast had sufficient options -- ham, salami, tomatoes, bread, pastries, etc.. We did note that the hotel got busier as the weekend approached and the breakfast room got more crowded. We stayed from Tuesday and checked out on Saturday. The WIFI doesn't work in the other buildings, so, we used the computer in the hotel lobby. The location is very central for touring, Trevi fountain and the Spanish Steps in the immediate neighborhood and about a half hour walk to Ancient Rome and a half hour walk to Vatican.

Room Tip: The deluxe double room in the outside building was very nice.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 September 2013

Great location. 1 minute from the beautiful Trevi fountain. Could be difficult to find, but our driver from Bob,s Limousine Rome, drove us right to the door ( which is quite an accomplishment in this limited access area.) The room was small but fully equiped and clean. A nice breakfast is included (buffet style) on the 4th floor, not a spacious area, not any special views of anything, but was very good. Our room was on the 1st floor. I took the elevator to number 4, from there is a narrow climb of stairs to the dining area. As my 83 yr. old father was travelling with me, I brought breakfast to him in the room which he enjoyed very much.
As I,m sure you know ther is a $4 (euros) room tax per day.

I would recommend this hotel because of the great location and proximity to the Trevi Fountain and all the wonderful shops right there. I also walked over to the spanish steps . I took the public bus to Vatican city which was only $1.50 euros.

Room Tip: There are 2 potential hotels you could end up in. Knowing this from other reviewers, I specificaly...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 September 2013

After a hilarious trip around and around the Trevi area we finally found this hotel. Great location and happy staff. Lift in main building was claustrophobic so we decded to walk up the stairs to breakfast. On our return visit we stayed in a different room. It was modern and had a fabulous bathroom. Have recommended this hotel to many friends.

Room Tip: Ask for the room on street level out of the main building.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 August 2013

Good place to stay to visit attractions as central to all. You can get to most on foot. Stayed out of the main hotel and room was OK. Clean towels and bedding and sufficient storage space. No lift but our cases were taken over for us.
Breakfast was poor so ate out.
Would stay there again

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 August 2013

If you want to be close to everything to see in Rome this is your place but...our room was in a different building, plus it was on the 4 the fourth floor... with no elevator. It was perfect for us as we are young (ish) and we could walk out our room right on to Via del Stamperia and we were experiencing Rome! It appears that they over book on a regular basis so it is a spin of the wheel where you may end up. The cold buffet breakfast was fresh but for us we had to walk down 76 stairs out onto the street down to the fountain turn left and walk 2 minutes to the main hotel and the either take the tiny elevator to the fourth floor (or more stairs) to get to it.

For us it was worth it in the end,but the initial confusion and Roman indifference was frustrating...

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple