“A Little Jewel”

Ranked #478 of 1,258 Hotels in Rome
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“A Little Jewel”
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Stayed 3 nights in this lovely little hotel 10th to the 13th September. It is great for being central to all you need to see in Rome --- the lady on reception works really hard and is very helpful. Had a small problem with the air-con but it was sorted straight away. Should I be able to return to Rome I would be quite happy to stay in the Trevi again. My room was just off of reception and on street level which meant that I could hear any one out late but I wasn't too bothered about it. The room was a nice size for just me and I found it cosy and who stays in their hotel rooms for long periods any way ???
I enjoyed staying at the hotel and hope that any one else who goes there enjoys it too

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank janicelikestravel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Colleyville, Texas
Reviewed 25 September 2013 via mobile

Making our first trip to Italy, my wife and I were very excited about arriving in Rome. We arrived at Hotel Trevi to a lukewarm reception, and taken to a room so small that we didn't know where to put our luggage. We were traveling with another couple, but there was no area in the hotel where four people could sit together. On the positive side, the location was in the heart of Rome, and an easy walking distance to many significant points of interest. If location is your number one priority, then the Hotel Trevi is a good option. If comfort, and great service are important, you need to look to other choices.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Norfolk
Reviewed 21 September 2013

By far the best feature of this hotel is its location, just 100 yards from the Trevi fountain with all the other main sights within walking distance. Allowances have to be made for the fact that this is a small, old Roman building and that does affect everything inside and I am trying to be objective in my review. It is small and quite dark and apart from a couple of chairs in the reception area there seems to be no other lounge space, the permanently available jug of iced water is a very nice and welcome touch. We must have drawn the short straw when it came to our room, No. 103 which, although reasonably sized and clean with a comfortable bed, was as dark as a cell, the only window might just as well have been bricked up for all the light it let in or view it offered. I can only assume that rooms 203,303 & 403 are similar. This shortcoming was accepted as we were only using the hotel as a bed & breakfast and were out all day. There was no welcome pack or written information on checking in and the staff were always helpful if you asked but not unless you did. Smiles were in short supply and we got an impression of an unhappy team. Breakfast is served on the roof in a light and airy addition to the building and it offers quite an acceptable choice of food, the seating is cramped as there is barely enough space for all the guests at times. Overall this is a bed & breakfast establishment of a basic standard but acceptable due to its fantastic location. I would use it again but only after I checked out the opposition first, as I said you do have to make allowances for the constraints imposed by the building.

Room Tip: Any room that doesn't end '03' has got to be asked for.
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 September 2013

We stayed here from 9th-14th Sept. Our room (559) was not in the main hotel building but in another building about 50mtrs away. This was not so much a room as a mini suite. It had 2 floors. As you walked in the door you have a reception type area and in front of you is the bathroom. On your left are stairs which take you up to a sitting area with a TV and access to the bedroom, also with a TV. the only drawback with the room is that it really did not have any decent windows bar a very small one in the sitting area, but it suited us. To get to it you entered a courtyard through some large old wooden doors and our door was off that.
The hotel itself is tired but the staff were great and the guy on reception when we arrived spent time with us marking up a map of the city so we knew where everything was.
Breakfast was a bit of a scrum as the 'rooftop terrace' is small and effectively just the roof covered in.
We kind of had something a bit more luxurious in our minds where we might be able to sit and enjoy a drink overlooking the city!
The location of the hotel is what makes it a must to stay there. You are about 100 mtrs from the trevi fountain and about 20 mins from most other attractions. In our view the hotel is quite expensive compared to some 5* ones we have stayed in but I guess you are paying for an excellent city location. Also, I guess it is par for the course when 2 beers in Rome can cost 20 euros!
Overall we had a great week and saw most of the sites.

Room Tip: We stayed in an outside room (i.e. not in the hotel. We were told by a couple who we met that their...
Avon by the Sea, New Jersey
Reviewed 19 September 2013

My wife and I ded a month long, eight hotel stay throughout Italy by spending one last night at this hotel. In a nutshell, this was our worst hotel experience in-country. We arrived at 2pm with a prepaid voucher for our one night at the Trevi Collection hotel. We were promptly greeted by the receptionist that there was no room for us there, but we would be shuttled to another property "around the corner". She also said we would have our pre-paid "Superior Room" or better for our troubles. We were then taken, by van,to the Hotel Trevi where the single receptionist was not really knowledgeable about the situation but checked us in anyway. To our surprise, a bellman then took our luggage out of the building and down the street to ANOTHER property, a dungeon-like building requiring three keys for entry. He took us down a long hallway and across an empty inner courtyard to our first floor room. The room???--- It was tiny, with no window except a high ventilation window to a very active back alley. The room was adjacent to the open kitchen of a neighboring restaurant.

I resent the bait and switch tactics of the hotel staff. I also resent the "we're so busy" attitudes that we NEVER saw from any other hotelier during our month long journey.

Several other things: the breakfast was the worst of our trip. And, do not schedule a van to the airport through the hotel, because although they advertise a relationship with a van company, the front desk has absolutely no interest whether the van arrives or not. It did not.

I cannot fathom the terrific reviews of other visitors and am envious we did not have a suite -like room. Far from it...

Room Tip: Good luck...
2 Thank rwoavon
GruppoTrevi, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hotel Trevi, responded to this review, 1 October 2013
Dera Sir,
we are very very sorry for the unpleasant stay in our hotel. We are a group of 6 hotels in Rome
and we try to offer the best to our guests.

We hope you will choose again one of our hotels and we will be happy to offer a complimentary
upgrade in one of our deluxe panoramic room at the Trevi Collection

Wish you a nice day

Antonio Stancato
Operation mgr

Travellers are raving about these Rome hotels

Reviewed 18 September 2013

I'd stayed here a couple of years ago and loved the location and the friendly staff. I'm just back from my second trip to Rome and chose the Trevi again and I'm delighted I did. My daughter and I were given a mini-suite which was lovely; still a short stroll from the fountain etc. The staff were so helpful and the breakfast was also good - particularly nice coffee. I cannot emphasise enough what good value this was for money. A central location and staff who made my daughter's first visit to Rome memorable. Thank you.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Lynn M
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed 15 September 2013

We had a very good experience at Hotel Trevi. We had a room in one of the other buildings (a deluxe double which was very nice and fairly spacious). I booked it several months in advance, so, I received a very good rate -- I checked back periodically after booking and the rate was always higher. The breakfast room was fine and the breakfast had sufficient options -- ham, salami, tomatoes, bread, pastries, etc.. We did note that the hotel got busier as the weekend approached and the breakfast room got more crowded. We stayed from Tuesday and checked out on Saturday. The WIFI doesn't work in the other buildings, so, we used the computer in the hotel lobby. The location is very central for touring, Trevi fountain and the Spanish Steps in the immediate neighborhood and about a half hour walk to Ancient Rome and a half hour walk to Vatican.

Room Tip: The deluxe double room in the outside building was very nice.