“Great location, but get an interior room”
Review of Hotel Julia

Hotel Julia
Ranked #348 of 1,269 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Located in a restaurant rich area between the Trevi Fountain and Barberini Piazza (metro stop), this hotel is very convenient.
The breakfast buffet was more than ample and restocked regularly. We always could find seating.
My only negative comment was that despite being on a small, narrow street we got a lot of noise, both scooters and midnight revelers.
I would choose this hotel again, but would request a room that faced the interior or back, rather than the via Rasella

Room Tip: be sure to get a room that doesn't face via Rasella
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 24 April 2014

Great location, very friendly staff, convenient to all areas in central Rome. No need for buses, metro. Good choice for breakfast to suit most needs. I appreciated the kettle in the room, although only teabags available, no coffee, no sugar, no milk.
The only negative point is the size of single beds, which are the minimum size you can find I guess. Similar to train berths!
Smell of mould in the lift and ground floor area, but rooms are ok.
You can hear people walking on the floors, so not very good from that point of view.
Sounds like a lot of negatives, but all in all it was just great for the location and for a short break it is just fine.

Room Tip: top floors are the best
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Maxleo66
Reviewed 28 March 2014

A great location - perfect for us, as 1st-timers in Rome. Car pick up was excellent, and the luxury well worth the small premium. Excellent staff service all the time, and rooms were good - well sized and fitted out. Breakfast was very good, but we would have liked a little more variety after 6 days. An excellent coffee was 1 EUR - truly amazing for central Rome!! Only gripe was wifi, which (whilst free) was intermittent during our stay. Staff DID try to put it right, but more investment here, please... . Both glad we stayed here - happy memories.

Room Tip: It's all quiet - back of hotel is a little quieter in the morning.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Alan R
Reviewed 6 March 2014

The great advantage of this hotel is its location, in two aspects. The first -it is located very close to many sight-seeings of Rome, in the center. The second - It is situated on a quiet street, so you have a calm night, all sounds of city are coming from a distance.
Insight - very cozy and clean, moderate (especially breakfast menu), but not breacking your budget.
I am very satisfied and recommend to everybody, who would like to spend a few days in Rome and do not need luxury, but appreciate moderate comfort.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Nadezda M
Reviewed 4 February 2014

If you're looking for clean, comfortable lodging in the center of Rome, without breaking your budget, Hotel Julia is the only place. This small, family-run establishment always makes me feel at home. With recently replaced windows, the rooms are quieter than ever. I've stayed there each time I've visited Rome during the past 10 years or so. The ownership has remained consistent throughout that time; much of the friendly & helpful staff also remains intact. You can't beat the price or location. The service that Rosa,Stefano, Cadusia & the rest of the reception staff provides to guests is second-to-none. Enjoy your daily walk to Trevi Fountain,
5 or 10 minutes from the front door by foot! The rest of the center Rome is also be reachable by foot if you desire, or take advantage of very close proximity to bus & metro lines.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank stevenUsa
Tossini, Proprietario at Hotel Julia, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2014

Dear Steven,
Thank you for choosing our Hotel Julia during your stay in Rome but first of all to come back to us when you visit the Eternal City.
Our goal is to make unforgettable the stay of our guests. Your review represents the most important award for the efforts we have made ​​to offer our guests a high quality service
We sincerely hope to give you as soon as possible the wormest welcome at the hotel Julia
With all our best regards

Reviewed 26 December 2013

I stayed 4 nights in December and it the best hotel out of my 2 weeks in Italy. I arrived a little late but Stephano, who was at the reception desk, was lovely. He even upgraded my single room, automatically, to a double room at no extra charge! My room was great. It had a little balcony, with a little line to put up my laundry, if I had any, if I wanted to. But it being winter, there was no need to. I used the radiators instead. Breakfast exceeded my expectations, with a free cup of cappuccino, all the coffee or tea I want, and choices of cereal, yogurt, pastries, breads (not the sandwich variety), meats and cheeses! It can't be beat for location either. I walked to all the destinations I had planned for Rome. It's 2 metro stops from the terminal but it's also walking distance. I walked to the Termini on leaving for Bologna - the day was great for walking anyway. I found the 4 fountains on Via Quatro Fontana by accident, on my fourth day, looking for Chiesa Di Santa Maria della Vittoria. 2 serendipitous find in one morning! That's Rome! I would definitely stay at Hotel Julia again on my next trip to Rome :):):):)

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank happyfeet001

Dear Madame,
Thank you for choosing our Hotel Julia.
It made us extremely happy to know you enjoyed your room and you appreciated the atmosphere, the central location and the expertise of our staff.
Hoping to meet you again in the future,
we send all our best regards.

Reviewed 21 December 2013

This trip was a gift to my Mother--her first trip to Italy! We arrived mid-afternoon to find no room booked. (I had booked the hotel via the internet the day before, however, the charge did not go through (overly-cautious credit card company!). The owner came out, checked on-line and then CALLED Booking.com to make certain that there was no other hotel booked, saying "you don't want to have to pay for 2 rooms"!!! AMAZING CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!! It was late and the hotel was booked; however, they managed to find a sweet little double room for us!! Then, may I see your passports? OMG!!! We had left them in the apartment in Florence that we were renting! Long story short--she accepted our USA drivers licenses and we were 'back in business'!!! We had a WONDERFUL visit in Rome and Vatican City . The breakfast was not only fabulous, but included!! Then time to check-out and head back to Florence. She only charged us 78EU for the room!!! We were sooo shocked... and grateful!! What started out to be a disaster, turned into one of our most memorable days in Italy!!! THANK YOU HOTEL JULIA!!!! We will be in touch in May 2014--our next trip to Italy!!!

Room Tip: I can't imagine there is a 'bad' room there. It is exceptionally clean, well maintained...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family