“Roman Holiday !!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #57 of 1,292 Hotels in Rome
clarks summit
“Roman Holiday !!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2012

We just returned from Italy and our stay in Rome was just fabulous due to the excellent accommodations and service at the DeRussie! The rooms are a dream, the location is wonderful and the service is top notch.

A speical thanks to Veronica Fori who greeted us like we were return guests (this was our first stay~won't be our last!!), helped us utilize our AMEX platinum card benefits to receive an early check in and room upgrade and even provided champagne and a special cake as we were celebrating a special birthday while in Rome!!

The DeRussie is BEAUTIFUL and does not disappoint!!!

Room Tip: Use your AMEX platinum if possible and hope for an upgrade although it appears that the room our dau...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2012

Everything about this hotel is as good as it gets. The location, staff, concierge, restaurant, wait staff, spa services are all first rate. The Concierge's restaurant recommendations, tour guides, car services did not disappoint. The concierge, Alessandra, went above and beyond the call of duty as when I boarded my flight to London I realized that I had left my iPad at security. Upon landing in London, I went to the customer service desk of British Airways which the flight attendant had suggested. To say that they were useless is flattering. While standing at their desk, I called the hotel and asked for Concierge. Alessandra told me not to worry that she would recover my iPad, which she did and it arrived safely home within a few days. We loved our suite overlooking the courtyard and sitting in that courtyard either having a cocktail pre dinner or late night espresso. The breakfasts were wonderful and we enjoyed the buffet lunch as well. We found the food to be very good. A big THANK YOU to all the staff that made our stay so enjoyable and memorable. I would definitely stay in this hotel on my next trip to Rome.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2012

My stay at the Hotel de Russie was planned due to an event I had to host in nearby piazza di Spagna (the Spanish Steps).
I had the most beautiful couple of days in often visited Rome, the room I was given was a standard, I found it was enough for me. I liked a lot the hanging gardens, the spa was wonderful, the Stravinskij wine bar has proved good option; the only flaw was due to the concierge who tried to influence my choices on restaurants and guided tours, and did not search for me when my driver came yo pick me up. Any other things, very good indeed.

• Stayed April 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2012

We just spent 4 nights at the De Russie and were blown away with their 1st class service that ran throughout the hotel from the door men to the service staff. The concierge, now that's what I call a concierge. Danio & his colleagues understood exactly what we wanted and served it in abundance on a silver platter. From the best eateries in town (Pierluigi & Baffeta Pizeria) to express tickets to the Colosseum cutting out the 2 hour queues to simple lunches for us & the kids in some of the most delicious restaurants with amazing service, to arranging the shopping to be dropped off from the boutiques. Room service was amazing in that they paid such attention to detail you thought you were ordering in a 1 star Michelin restaurant. Drinks on the terrace gardens has got to be the most priceless attribute about this hotel. All whilst being perfectly situated at the end of Via Babuino near Piazza del Popolo, a 5mins walk from the Spanish steps. Everywhere you go, once they know you're staying at the De Russie, you get 6 star service, doors open, queues disappear, problems go away and you simply spend time enjoying this special city. Well done De Russie!

Room Tip: I prefer a room over looking Piazza del Popolo or on the higher up floors overlooking the garden cou...
1 Thank Dany032
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2012

We stayed in 2 spacious intercommunicating rooms overlooking the internal courtyard which is part of the gardens.
The bathrooms were spacious but could be modernised to provide 2 basins and walk in shower.
The service was excellent especially the conscierge. Delicious food in the attentive restaurant. Outdoor eating was a treat especially breakfast in the garden.
We felt very pampered in this elegant but unpretentious hotel.
RF

Room Tip: Choose rooms on lower floors. It's quicker to walk than await the elevator.
1 Thank RACHEL F
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2012

My first visit to Rome, we stayed for 4 nights at the Russie and it didn't fail to impress; wonderful location just by Piazza del Popolo, the rooms decorated in contemporary style with a Roman accent, attention to detail for all room facilities. Conciege very helpful and attentive. But best of all was the internal courtyard , lovely start to the day breakfasting outside and a wonderful relief after long days digesting all Rome has to offer, service throughout the day efficient and welcoming.
The one thing I would recommend is have a fair idea of preference of restaurant, we chose from our written guide and discussed it with the conciege, they then know the type you are looking for. On the first night we had no idea and were pursuaded to go to a place that was disappointing, whereas the places we chose with help from our guidebook were great.

Room Tip: at the back, really quiet and a balcony looking over a menagery of roof tops and other Roman houses...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank S R
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2012

July1, 2012 my family checked into the Hotel for three days. We had connecting rooms since my children are young. The windows faced the interior courtyard. The room are clean, and good shape and quality design.
Breakfast buffet is located in the courtyard. Table service is upon demand.
Dinner on the lower portion of the courtyard is very pleasant. Portions and price are fair.
Very easy walk to Spanish steps 15 minutes. The best shops are located just down the street. All the Italian brand names such as Prada, etc. are just a very short walk.
The garden at the rear of the private courtyard are beautiful. Villa Borghese is located a 5 minutes walk away.
Enjoy Rome at it's best.