“Friendly Staff”

Ranked #633 of 1,256 Hotels in Rome
San Diego, California
“Friendly Staff”
Reviewed 31 December 2012

A friend booked the hotel so I didn't know much about it until I arrived. I was pleased to find a comfortable hotel with a really great staff. They do their best to accommodate your needs. In fact I arrived hours before check in, and even a half hour before their breakfast officially started and they made sure it was all set up and I could take part. The breakfast is nice. It's more than I am used to in southern Italy when I've found mostly toast and coffee. But Ducale has a nice croissant, breads, cheese, some meet, coffee, cereal, fruit. A nice set up.

The hotel rooms vary from room to room and this is what we would call a walk up. Meaning there is no elevator. The rooms range from spacious to very small. My first stay was for three nights and the first room was nice sized with the bathroom attached. That room was on the third floor (actually the second floor as the front door is between floors. So you walk downstairs to register and upstairs to your rooms) anyhow, the first room was two flights up and with my luggage it was a little much. I asked for a lower floor on my return and they were able to accommodate.

There is some kind of a club or something that lets out at about 3am for those who have a room at facing the street. But the windows are pretty soundproof so it shouldn't be a problem.

The showers are pretty small, but the shower in the second room was so small I literally couldn't fit in it. I'm a bigger guy so this may be specific to me, but just a heads up.

All in all I would stay here again. It is near the train station but it's kind of a hike. There are some great restaurants in the neighborhood and while there is graffiti on some of the walls, it doesn't seem to be too terribly bad.

Again, the staff is wonderful and reason enough to stay here!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Beijing, China
Reviewed 17 November 2012

酒店的服务人员还不错,在入住前和退房后都有电子邮件联系,让人感到温馨。可以免费使用转换插头。

我是看booking的评价还不错才入住的,酒店并不便宜。98欧还不包括2欧每人的城市税,而且孩子还要收取。 在意大利的其他酒店孩子都是免费的。酒店包括早餐,但是孩子若去花园吃,还得另外交5欧。孩子能吃多少? 后来要了早餐在房间和孩子分着吃,吃得也不好。后来去卡塔尼亚那边的酒店,也是双人间带早餐,孩子就免费了。 酒店要求可以10点15前必须交回钥匙,而且可能的话晚上就要结账。房间小,临街。离开中央火车站有两站地, 离开最近的地铁要走十分钟,同样的价格可以在中央火车站找到很好的华人酒店了,不推荐。

Comments from tripadvisor.com on the hotel are normally good, that's why I choose this hotel even the price was not cheap. 98 euros per night exclude city tax. We were charged for my 3 years old girls which did not happen in any other Italian cities or hotels again. The price includes breakfast, but We had to pay again for my girl if were did not share our breakfast with her in the room. Room was small and close to a street, the hotel asked us to pay in the evening(not compulsory), but we had to return the key to the hotel b4 10:15AM which was compulsory. The hotel was at least 10mins from subway, and far from Termini. You can find a better hotel with the same price, Not recommended.

staffs were nice, the hotel sent emails to me b4 checking in and after checking out, which makes me feel good. using Conversion socket was free.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
San Francisco, California, United States
Reviewed 9 October 2012

Good place to stay, staff was friendly, building was secure and near the train station. The area is a little bit of a lower rent area so you get what you pay for. Overall a good place to stop for a day or two while visiting the area.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bryan S
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 August 2012

Me, my friend and her daughter stayed in this hotel for 3 nights. We booked a triple bed room (room 302) and we we're surprised as this hotel exceeded our expectations! The room was big, clean and elegant! We really liked it and we were even looking forward going back to the hotel after a fun-packed trip knowing that we can rest our backs and relax in our hotel room. The staff were very polite and helpful. We even asked for our breakfast to be served in our room free of charge! And to add, wi-fi is free as well! :)
The hotel is just 4 bus stops away from Roma Termini - thus very accessible. The hotel is also quite cheap - a good value for money! I would definitely recommend this hotel to everyone. And if ever I visit Rome again, with no hesitation, I'll stay in Hotel Ducale again.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 August 2012

We stayed in hotel ducale for 6 nights.staff Was very polite and helpful.our room was on the top floor with big terrace! Very clean hotel and good value for money.breakfast very nice free wi-fi available in all the rooms! And if you are a bit lazy you can always have a breakfast in room,free of charge!

• Stayed August 2012
Okayama, Japan
Reviewed 5 August 2012

My wife and I recently went on a trip through France and Italy, and this was our favorite hotel. Not because of the room or the breakfast or the location (although they were all OK), but because the man at the front desk was incredibly kind and helpful. He made the stay so enjoyable that I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone thinking of going to Rome, especially those who need something close to Roma Termini station. Simply put, you won't find friendlier staff at any other hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank James C
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 2 August 2012

The staff at this hotel was very friendly and helpful. Since we typically left the hotel early in the morning before they served breakfast, they fixed us a bag of breakfast foods and drinks to take with us. Although the hotel is relatively far from the major sights (almost a mile from the Colosseum), there were two metro stations nearby. There's also a large grocery store a block away. We had a great experience.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple