“Clean, comfortable, very helpful staff, all for a affordable price”
Review of Hotel Ducale

Hotel Ducale
Ranked #688 of 1,267 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 16 April 2013

We booked in advance and when we arrived late (1am) our room (hotel was fully booked!) was waiting for us nice and clean. Warm welcome, efficient, we got wifi and outdoor key-code immediately upon arrival without having to ask. We stayed 4 nights in the upper room. Room was clean, all basic needs, and comfortable. Small (empty) minibar was very handy. There was an air-co machine but we did not have to use it (windows were easy to open). Also an electric safe for passports etc. in the room. Bed was fine and bathroom was very clean and practical, with bathtub. Room was cleaned daily, new towels if used, and this was very pleasant after a full day walking trip. Supermarket around the corner. Easy access to Rome tourist sites by walking (c. 20-30 min to Colosseum), bus, metro, tram very near hotel. Hotel not far from termini station either (15 min by foot). Breakfast was good, plenty with several options; 3 types of bread, 2 types of cake, boiled eggs, salami, cheese, yogurt, cornflakes, fruit salad, hot milk, thee, coffee and more. Staff was friendly and very helpful, well-spoken English, and this was true for all 4 staff members we met. Payment with creditcard was helpful and done with a pin-machine. We have had no complaints at all. However, we can't compare this hotel with others in the same price range because we only stayed in Rome once. Nevertheless, we think it was a great deal. We sincerely recommend Hotel Ducale. Dusan & Lorena, April 2013.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dusan B
There are newer reviews for Hotel Ducale

Reviewed 6 April 2013

I chose Hotel Ducale because I was only staying one night in Rome after spending my time in Tuscany. Hotel Ducale is very clean and convenient to Rome Termini and you can take the train from there to the airport for only 14 euros. It is about a 15 minute walk from Termini but if you have luggage, I suggest a cab. It only cost me 10 euros going and 8 going back to Termini.

The staff is VERY nice and helpful. They assisted me in where to go for dinner and a map of Rome. I was able to walk from the Hotel to the Colosseum, Trevi, Spanish Steps and back (about a 6 mile roundtrip walk but I wanted to do that)

The only bad thing is that there is no elevator which made heavily packed bags hard to get to the room (up on the 3rd floor.) It was also a bit noisy but that is nothing that the Hotel can do, it was more outside traffic and guests who had no consideration of their thumping up and down the stairs.

I would stay at Hotel Ducale again if I was on a quick trip to Rome.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Jessica G
Reviewed 16 March 2013

Great and friendly services, awesome communication with client, good localization (near to Termini Station, two metro stations nearby, direct tram to Coloseum), clean rooms and nice breakfast. Best choice for this price. Highly recomanded!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Room Tip: "Rooms are small so it's better to take aditional bed for a child.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Turystka543
Reviewed 1 March 2013

I was in this hotel and is very nice , clean,in center of Rome , near the metro ,and more restaurant in this area but "il tempio di minerva " very very good
Willy is the number one !!!!!!!
Super hotel highly raccomanded!!!!-))))))))))))))))))))))))))

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Дарья М
Reviewed 27 February 2013

A really lovely hotel within walking distance of Termini station, the rooms were spotless and the breakfast very nice, the staff were fantastic so friendly and helpful would definitly recommend this hotel

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 January 2013

A perfect city hotel only a 5 minute walk to Termini central station.
The room was clean with flatscreen TV and small fridge, and the staff was very friendly, also breakfast was good.

Would definitely come again a next time in Rome.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 December 2012

A friend booked the hotel so I didn't know much about it until I arrived. I was pleased to find a comfortable hotel with a really great staff. They do their best to accommodate your needs. In fact I arrived hours before check in, and even a half hour before their breakfast officially started and they made sure it was all set up and I could take part. The breakfast is nice. It's more than I am used to in southern Italy when I've found mostly toast and coffee. But Ducale has a nice croissant, breads, cheese, some meet, coffee, cereal, fruit. A nice set up.

The hotel rooms vary from room to room and this is what we would call a walk up. Meaning there is no elevator. The rooms range from spacious to very small. My first stay was for three nights and the first room was nice sized with the bathroom attached. That room was on the third floor (actually the second floor as the front door is between floors. So you walk downstairs to register and upstairs to your rooms) anyhow, the first room was two flights up and with my luggage it was a little much. I asked for a lower floor on my return and they were able to accommodate.

There is some kind of a club or something that lets out at about 3am for those who have a room at facing the street. But the windows are pretty soundproof so it shouldn't be a problem.

The showers are pretty small, but the shower in the second room was so small I literally couldn't fit in it. I'm a bigger guy so this may be specific to me, but just a heads up.

All in all I would stay here again. It is near the train station but it's kind of a hike. There are some great restaurants in the neighborhood and while there is graffiti on some of the walls, it doesn't seem to be too terribly bad.

Again, the staff is wonderful and reason enough to stay here!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends