Residenza Cellini
US$429
US$408
Hotwire.com
1,078 results
All reviewsjunior suitethird floortrain stationsmall hotelsvia nazionalepastriespiazza republicaspanish stepstrevi fountainaround the cornerwithin walking distancesmall elevatorsized bedreturn to romemajor siteslarge roomfour nights
Reviewed 28 October 2013

This is a wonderful hotel. The staff could not have been more helpful and the location was fabulous, we walked almost everywhere. The rooms were spacious and it was the cleanest hotel we have ever stayed at!

The breakfasts were yummy with something for everyone. I would definitely stay there again.

Don't let the outside of the building throw you off. It's really a terrific place.

Room Tip: We had a lovely room on the third floor but received an upgrade to the 5th floor...an unexpected bonus.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank bosserstein
Reviewed 27 October 2013

My wife, two daughters (14 and 12) and I stayed at the Residenza Cellini for 5 nights during this past August and we were all very pleased. The hotel is unique for us, since it is actually on a couple of floors in an older high rise (not a huge high rise). The old style elevator was a bit quirky, but my daughters loved the elevator and it allowed them to see how an elevator used to work years ago.

The hotel also has the rooftop patio for guests and we spent two evenings up on the roof, relaxing after a long day of walking all over Rome, which is hot and crowed in August. The roof was a nice respite from the day, and our second evening on the rooftop included a bottle of Champagne, served by the front desk personnel. Apparently, the hotel treats you to a bottle of Champagne and some cookies if you stay at least five evenings. My daughters had their first taste of Champagne on that rooftop and, while they did not like the taste, they thought the whole experience was very classy. My wife and I agreed.

The staff at the hotel was very helpful and they always did what they could to make our stay an enjoyable one. The room was nice and it had a Jacuzzi tub, which meant we all had to stand in line when it came to shower/bath time. Also, the breakfast room and buffet was very well received by my family and we met people in the relatively small room each morning.

The room was good and the staff was good too, but the location is impeccable. We were very close to the Termini Station and also the Republicca metro stop. Do not use cabs or you may not even want to do the open air bus thing. We got passes that covered all metro within the city and it covered city buses too. Both of those options were easy to learn and we were amazed at how well we could get about all of Rome. If you go outside of the city limits, then you will need to buy an extension for your trip, but that is no big deal.

I was not interested in going to Italy on our trip to Europe, but did so after all of the literature told me to go. We were very happy we added Italy and it turned out to be our favorite nation after we fell in love with Rome/Pompeii and Venice. We'd love to go back.

Part of the reason we loved Rome so much was because of this hotel, and while we have stayed in nicer places, the combination of service, location and the room quality, made for a very nice stay indeed.

We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Rivahrapp
Reviewed 24 October 2013

I recently returned from 6 night stay and could not have been more pleased. The location is great with 5 minute walk to Termini and 15 minute walks to Coleseum, Trevi Fountain, Spanish Steps. And I cannot say I have stayed at any hotel, and I have traveled extensively thru the US as well as Asia, with a better staff of people. Each and every person was nicer and more helpful than the last. I was with my 16 year old niece and all she could say was how nice everyone was .... I met a couple while sitting in the lovely common room who have returned to the Residenza Cellini 5 times ... and I completely understand why they would.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank JoAnn S
Reviewed 20 October 2013

After reading Trip Advisor, Rick Steves, and other sources, we selected Residenza Cellini as our hotel for 5 nights in Rome. What a lovely hotel with a true focus on service. We had a great 5 night stay and would highly recommend Residenza Cellini.

We found the staff to be extremely professional and personable ... providing us with maps, suggested walking routes, making us reservations for the Borghese gallery, and making us special coffee each morning. Many of the staff members were also willing to share their personal views on life in Italy, favorite sites, etc. ... which made our stay special.

We were celebrating our 24th wedding anniversary and they provided us with a bottle of chilled prosecco which we enjoyed on their 5th floor outdoor deck. Don't miss spending some time in this special outdoor hideaway.

The rooms are large, clean and well appointed. A highlight was their breakfasts ... ham, salami, 3 kinds of cheese, a variety of fresh fruit, yogurts, cereals, breads, pastries and fresh brewed coffee.

Location is excellent ... 15-20 walking distance to almost anything, close to bus and train service, near a terrific street of restaurants (Via Flavla).

Thank you all ... you made our stay a great experience!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank COresident5280
Reviewed 19 October 2013

We loved the Cellini. It is very central with several great eating places close by. It's very comfortable, nicely furnished and the room and bathroom were well laid out. The staff especially Margiry and Robert were extremely helpful. They went out of their way to make our stay as comfortable as possible. I recommend it highly.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family