La Griffe Roma - MGallery By Sofitel
US$1,094
US$598
  • Restaurant
1,801 results
All reviewsglass staircasedoor manrooftop restaurantjunior suitevia nazionaletop floorrestaurant staffmodern hotelcentral locationlong weekendtourist attractionsbreakfast is servedbusy streetreception desktrevi fountainfantastic locationthe main train station
Reviewed 17 August 2013

this hotel was fantastic, the staff were extremely polite, friendly and helpful. The hotel is in an ideal location and looks amazing too. The only downside was that the wifi was not working in the rooms, and that we didnt have a shower door, rather a curtain so there was a lot of water.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Andrea A
LaGriffehotel R, General Manager at La Griffe Roma - MGallery By Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2013

Dear Madame

Thank you for your comment concerning your recent stay at La Griffe Roma.

It was indeed a pleasure to read that you were impressed by the hotel decors and its location.

Our complimentary internet service has been implemented on August 6, 2013, with the latest broadband technology to ensure a faster and consistent wireless connection, and we are currently covering part of the rooms where we signal is not sufficient yet.

Thank you again for the courtesy of your time and we all look forward to welcoming you again at La Griffe Roma.

Your sincerely,

Reviewed 16 August 2013

The only reason we got this hotel was because we got it through Hotwire as a secret hotel. I'm a little confused about peoples reviews of this hotel, cause some are pretty bad and others are very good, I don't know who writes the very good reviews.
My experience with this hotel was pretty much as I expected it to be from reading the reviews.
There are a few things here that were good, it was very clean, the location is brilliant, the staff (except the guy who I think was a manager working in the evening at reception) were very helpful and friendly.
It was 35degrees in Rome the day we were there and our air conditioning was broken in the room, a very common problem in this hotel by the sounds of it. When we reported it they said it was being fixed so we left it over an hour and still nothing. They told us our room temperature was 27degrees! Eventually they moved us into a different room, where it was a little cooler, probably 20degrees, still very hot to get a good night sleep. I felt so sorry for the porter who spend most of the evening and night moving people who had no air con or other problems with their room. He was very friendly and helpful.
The roof terrace that they advertise is great on the 10th floor.....if you can get up to it in the evening. The night we were there it was booked for a private party so it was a no go area for the rest of the guests. There was no mention of this until we tried to gain access.
They advertise Wifi but it does not exist! "it was being fixed also"!!
The TV in the room had no channels on it! ....I'm guessing this was on their "being fixed" list also! It was a bit like Faulty Towers!!!
To sum up our stay, we had a hot room with no wifi or tv, we could not go onto the roof terrace to have a drink in the evening, and it was too hot to get a good night sleep. Would I stay here again? NO chance!

Room Tip: Book somewhere else in the same area. If you are unfortunate to book La Griffe, make sure the air conditioning is working fully before you unpack!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank MorganOF
LaGriffehotel R, General Manager at La Griffe Roma - MGallery By Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for writting on TripAdvisor about your personal hotel experience.

Feedback - constructive if possible - is always more than welcome, I always find them extremely important, whether they are positive, or negative, as in this case.

I am the General Manager at La Griffe Roma since last december, we recently joined the Accor Group and conducted a massive investment to update decors and furnitures of the hotel; we are continuously developing our product and working very hard in finding service consistency.

I am aware that today we are not an exclusive first class five star luxury hotel yet, and to be honest with you, in Rome there are really a few.

At the same time La Griffe Roma has a great location, a genuine young team, and an excellent value for money.

Compared to other five star hotels in Rome our rates are often 50% lower.

Your recent stay was certainly not a true reflection of the standards for which our hotels received more than 80% of guest satisfaction on TripAdvisor since January 2013.

You reserved la Griffe Roma as "Top Secret Hotel" with an additional discount of 30% from the best rate available, and certainly you did not get an upgrade as we normally do, occupancy permitting.

However I was really sorry to read that you were disappointed with the room allocated and I would very much appreciate if you could get in contact with me directly in order to investigate further.

Reviewed 14 August 2013

My friend and i stayed here three weeks ago for 3 nights. The staff is wonderful and generous.
The location is excellent. The room was very nice and clean. lovley breakfast is served on the 9th floor balcony with spectacular views of Rome. During sunset we really enjoyed having a drink on the 10th floor. Definently visit during our next vacation as long as WIFI is better:)

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Orly M

Dear Madame

On behalf of the Entire Team, thank you for choosing La Griffe Roma during your recent visit to the Eternal City and for taking the time to submit a review about your stay.

We are so glad to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff met in full your expectations.

Please come to visit us again and do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 13 August 2013

This was our first visit to Rome and when we return we will certainly be staying here again. The hotel is beautiful - exceptionally clean in fact pristine!!. We had a lovely surprise when we arrived and found we had been up graded to a fantastic room overlooking Via Nazionale. The double glazing works a treat because as soon as you close the windows there is silence, and this is one of the busiest streets in Rome.
The location is perfect - you can easily walk to many major sites,
A must is to stand on the roof terrace and watch the sunset - stunning!!
Cant find fault with anything - no problem with Wi Fi - mini bar restocked daily and air con worked perfectly.
Bathroom had a wonderful roll top bath and overhead shower - excellent,,
Breakfast was great - lots of choice and superb service.
It was really a lovely hotel with lovely staff, everyone from the house keeping team to the very friendly and helpful doormen to the waiting staff and reception team could not have been more attentive - the staff are a true credit to this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room over looking Via Nazionalle
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank MozzaRos

Dear Madame

Thank you for your kind review and for recommending to stay at La Griffe Roma.

It was indeed a pleasure to read that you appreciated the upgrade in our Junior Suites overlooking Via Nazionale.

I am really glad you had a wonderful stay and I will immediately share your comment with the entire Team for their friendlyness and positive attitude.

Please come to visit us again and do not hesitate to contact me personally.

Reviewed 12 August 2013

My mum and I stayed here fo 3 nights from the 8th of August 2013. We really enjoyed our stay here and can recommend the hotel. The hotel has recently or rather is currently being rennovated. In the following I will write about the things that are important to me when staying in a hotel:

Location:
The hotel is in a quite central location on Via Nazionale. We arrived by train at Termini (main train station Rome) and it took us about 15-20 minutes walking with our suitcases. If you are ok to walk (and we are) you can reach a lot of the top tourist attractions by foot. We walked to Fontana di Trevi, the spanish stairs, the Colloseum and Forum Romanum, the Pantheon from the hotel. To the Vatican museums where we booked a tour very early in the mornign we took a taxi, it took us about 15 mintes and the price was 10 Euro. Also there are some bus lines along Via Nazionale, which we took to discover Trastevere.
-> definitly a plus for location!

Hotel:
The hotel has 10 floors of which the upper 2 are the restaurant and the rooftop bar. In the ground floor there is the reception and the lobby. You have 2 lifts, sometimes you have to wait a bit for the lift, but I had worse in other hotels. The lobby is very modern, when you come in you first notice a Vespa and some pictures of the film "Roman Holiday". Behind the reception and an information counter you have a large room where you have sofas and chairs and some newspapers in italian and english. The rooftop bar is really very nice! We went there on our first and second evening and had happy hour cocktails. On this flor you also had 2 jacuzzies and some sunloungers. The view is really great from up there. The staff however could be a bit more attentive. I will write a bit more about the restaurant on the 9th floor in the breakfast section of my review. The hotel advertises on their webpage with free WiFi, however the connection throughout the hotel was not very good and sometimes not even existed. I mentioned this also when I filled out the feedback for and I got an email from the hotel appologizing about it and that they are having some problems after a recent upgrade, so I hope this get's better for future visitors!
-> So overall a plus for the hotel, although the bad WiFi really bugged me!

Room:
We stayed in a Junior Suite, which has 2 levels. Downstairs a table, a sofa, some chairs, the minibar and a flatscreen TV. Upstairs the bed, the bathroom and a wardrobe. The room was very clean and you could see that it was recently renovated, everything was very new and modern. The bathroom had a good size with a bath tub, where you could also shower nicely.
What I personally liked was that there were 2 different air conditions systems for upstairs and downstairs. So you could switch it of upstairs, because I don't like to sleep with aircondition on and still have a cool room with the aircondition from downstairs.
-> So a big plus from me for the room!

Breakfast
Breakfast was served from 7 am in the morning until around 11 am in the restaurant on the 9th floor. We did not had dinner in the restaurant, so I can't say anything about that, but the breakfast was really nice. You had a good variety of fruits, cheese, salami, parma ham, scrambled egg and bacon, sausages. Different cakes, juices, water etc. I was really impressed for a southern europe hotel breakfast. What could have been better was the variety of bread, but that might be a german thing;-) What I like the most was the coffee! We had Cappucino every morning, I stayed in many hotels in the worls, but this was surely the best hotel coffee I ever had! Thank you La Griffe!
-> Big plus for the breakfast and the coffee!

Staff/Service:
The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. First impression when you enter the hotel is that somebody opens the door for you and again when you leave. The reception staff also was very helpful with any enquiry we had. The breakfast staff was attentive and already on the second day they knew we are having Cappucino for breakfast. Even one evening on the street of the hotel we say someone of the reception staff and he was smiling and saying "Hello" to us!
As mentioned before the staff at the rooftop bar could be a bit more present and attentive.
-> Overall a plus for the staff and service.

Overall:
Overall I can highly recommend the Hotel La Griffe, we really enjoyed our stay here!

Room Tip: We stayed on the third floor and our room was quiet, as it went out to a little side street to Via Nazionale.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Esther H

Dear Madame

Thank you for the fantastic comments you have posted on TripAdvisor after your recent stay with us and for highly recommending La Griffe Roma.

I am pleased to read that you and your mother had a memorable stay and enjoyed the comfort of our hotel.

Your enthusiastic feedback is our best reward and will be a great source of motivation for the entire Team.

I will immediately congratulate with the Breakfast Team for their excellent service; serving more than 200 guests everyday and remembering Your preference for a Cappuccino is surely an extra touch.

I also took good note of your kind suggestions and we will make sure our Bar Team during the evening will be more present and attentive.

I hope to welcome you back at La Griffe Roma very soon and please do not hesitate to contact me directly should you require assistance with any future stays.