“Fantastic Hotel”

La Griffe Roma - MGallery By Sofitel
Ranked #447 of 1,271 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

Great Hotel.. All the major attractions are easily within walking distance.

Very clean rooms and helpful and polite staff.

Amazing view of Rome on the roof top terrace.

Free wifi in the hotel

Nice breakfast on the roof terrace with excellent views.

I'd recommend this hotel to anyone would indeed stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank BenMoriarty
LaGriffehotel R, General Manager at La Griffe Roma - MGallery By Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your kind review and for recommending to stay at La Griffe Roma.

It was indeed a pleasure to read that you appreciated the hotel experience and that we overexceeded your expectations.

I will immediately share your comment with the entire Team for their friendlyness and positive attitude.

Please come to visit us again and do not hesitate to contact me personally.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Nice hotel in the city centre, not far from all main sightseeing sights ,great location, friendly, helpful and attentive staff, good service and very nice rooftop terrace.

My parents indeed enjoyed their stay at this wonderful hotel in a such beauty city.
Can't even described how we are thankful and grateful to the hotel team, (especially Ms Valentina Taraborrelli) for making these days special and remarkable!
As a gift for their 25th wedding anniversary, they upgraded their room for free in junior suite, and champagne and flowers were delivered at their arrival.

We will definitely stay here again if we come to Rome!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dar_Bar_729

Dear Madame,

Thank you for your kind review and for recommending to stay at La Griffe Roma.

It was indeed a pleasure to read that you appreciated the upgrade in our Junior Suites and our gift for your parent's anniversary.

I am really glad you both had a wonderful stay and I will immediately share your comment with Valentina - our Front Office Manager - for the great job done.

Please come to visit us again and do not hesitate to contact me personally.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Stayed for 4 nights B&B
Great location just outside the immediate railway station vacinity which is not a nice area. If you are prerpared for a bit of walking you won't need to use any public transport to either get to the hotel from the station, or for any of the sightseeing
Staff very friendly and attentive and reception area quite posh
Rooms were fair sized, bed huge and quality of fittings reasonable - seems to me it's been done up to a high standard, but they need to do a bit of maintenance work to keep that eg. part of the shower glass was missing (doesn't bother me, it's their floor!). Air conditioning was efficient & quiet
Breakfast was on the 9th floor and so was half inside and half outside with great views out over the rooftops. Food quality and range in keeping with my expectations. 10th floor was a bar area which was very nice at night...but either a bit quiet (not a problem for us) or heaving because they were having an event
A further word about the room - ours didn't have a window since it was an internal room - it could open out onto a central (unused) fire escape through heavily curtained patio doors, which was ok, but it could be a make or break for some people. The advantage in having the inertnal room was that it was quiet - if you were at the street side of the hotel it would get traffic noise most of the night
Wifi worked no problem and was not fiddly to set up
Reception were fine about taking our bags on the last day since we didn't fly out until late evening
Would I stay here again? Maybe. I wouldn't call it a 5 * hotel but we weern't paying anywhere near 5* prices! It was great value

Room Tip: Some rooms don't have windows, so if it's a problem for you, get it sorted before you take t...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Hoohoobug

Dear Guest

Thank you for your comment concerning your stay at La Griffe Roma.

It was indeed a pleasure to read that you found overall a good value for money for your stay in the Enternal City but I am sorry to learn we did not meet your expectations in full.

We took good note of your comments and I am glad to inform you that most of releavant points of maintenance you kindly highlighted are already been discussed with our Chief Engeneering in order to fix them.

Sir, I truly hope there will be another opportunity for us to better serve you in the future and I invite you to contact me directly.

Thank you again for the courtesy of your time and we all look forward to welcoming you again at La Griffe Roma.

Your sincerely,

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Stayed at La Griffe during our recent honeymoon in Rome.

I have mixed feelings about the hotel.

The reception staff were largely attentive and pleasant to deal with, though the bar service upstairs was very slow.

The decor of the main lobby was very cosmopolitan and sleek, but the rooms, although comfortable and similarly cosmopolitan were a touch bland. I explored the option of upgrading to a suite, but seeing as the looked identical to the standard superior rooms, but slightly bigger, I thought better of it as the additional cost was huge. The bed though was huge and comfortable; the AC worked well, and the bathroom was neat and tidy.

The location is pretty good too. 15/20 mins walk from the majority of attractions.

One minor, but still irritating gripe was the lack of an iron in the room, or available for borrowing from the desk. The reception suggested going through the laundry service, but that would mean waiting hours just to get some clothes ironed just to go out in - not the most sensible of suggestions.

Overall, the hotel was nice enough; neat and modern. I suppose the 5 star rating of the property was warranted relative to other hotels I have stayed at in the country. Overall, I thought it lacked that extra umph needed to genuinely bestow a 5 star review on a personal level. The rooms, although modern and neat, felt a touch bland. I have stayed at other 5 star properties which simply blow other 5 stars away, so to rate them on the same level wouldn't make sense. So overall I'd give the Griffe 4 stars.

That said, it did cost a touch less than other 5 stars in the city I was looking at. However, I would most likely sample a different 5 star hotel next time I'm in town.

Room Tip: Stick to the superior rooms. The larger suites are just not worth the extra.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mani M

Dear Guest

Thank You for choosing to stay at La Griffe during your recent honeymoon in the Eternal City.

I will immediately share your appreciation with the Front Office Team for their attentiveness and positive attitude.

Overall, I am glad to learn you had a pleasant experience but on the other hand I am sorry that we did not overexceed your expectations.

I hope there will be another opportunity for us to make sure you will experience La Griffe Roma at its best.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Good hotel - a rather strange modern style in a refurb. Great location; good service and very nice rooftop terrace for breakfast & drinks (we didn't try restaurant apart from breakfast). The only thing I found strange was their relationship with a local restaurant (Ronaldino?) which they always recommended very strongly but nothing else close. It was good but expensive (60 Euros a head). You'll have to draw your own conclusion about why they only recommended it - I did.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest

On behalf of the entire Team I wish to thank you for your precious feedback about staying at La Griffe Roma.

We are all looking forward to welcoming you in occasion of your next vacation trip in the Eternal City.

Please contact me directly and I will make sure you will experience La Griffe Roma at its best.

Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

My husband and I loved staying here for 2 nights. The front desk staff was very attentive and helpful. Milena was amazing! They made dinner reservations, and helped us check out later for our evening flight. The door man was knowledgeable about our train times so we got to Termini on time. Breakfast was delicious each morning. We will definitely stay here again if we come to Rome!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Rachelle S

Dear Madame, Dear Sir

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave your comments following your recent stay at La Griffe Roma.

We are most grateful for your feedback and it is very rewarding to read that you totally enjoyed your stay with us.

Thank You also for kind words for our Team Members, Milena and the Doorman which is most important aspect to us to make sure our guest can experience a memorable stay.

We sincerely look forward to welcoming you you back to La Griffe Roma very soon. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly should you require assistance for your future stays in the Eternal City.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

I have stayed in this hotel part of a corporate conference, its location is excellent as it's near the metro station and surrounded by shopping/restaurants/cafes/...
The hotel is very nice and clean, excellent staff and very nice rooftop restaurant where one can enjoy excellent food and views over old Rome.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Alain M

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking your time to post your review on TripAdvisor.

I am most grateful for your feedback, which is such a valuable source of information for us and it helps us monitor the service we provide.

I sincerely hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again at our property for your next visit to Rome and please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Sincerely ,