Hotel Franklin Feel The Sound
  • Breakfast included
  • Bar/Lounge
207 Inn(Rome)
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsdisco ballmusic themesnare drumscd playerclose to the vaticanfunky hotelpastriesottaviano metro stationsmall courtyardgreat boutiquehamsquiet areareception areaclose to the hotelbooked this hotelbreakfast roomvery pleasant stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 September 2012

Loved it - Bar menu on the CD, notepad in a piano, disco light in the bathroom, organic bathroom amenities, table for 3, clean, excellent nespresso coffee, and most importantly, the friendly, efficient staff who were happy to provide assistance with tour bookings, missing baggage, and other practical information.
Was my first experience in Italy at the beginning of a 6 week holiday and plan to stay here again before we leave.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 September 2012

This hotel is a bit of a surprised. We stayed in the family room on the first floor by the reception. Initially we were not crazy about this but it proved to be very convenient especially with all our luggage. The hotel is in walking distance to the Vatican but far from many major attractions. This was disappointing when we first arrived but later we discovered that being a taxi ride away was easy and removed us from all the tourists. Finally, the breakfast food and service was excellent. In the end, I would recommend the Franklin for its value, cleanliness, and service.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Debra W
Reviewed 24 July 2012

I stayed at the Franklin for 1 week with my boyfriend, in the middle of July. Firstly I'd like to say that I disagree with the reviewers saying the location is not great - sure, it's not in the centre of Rome so you have to get the metro (which is fab - quick and air-conditioned) to many of the attractions such as the Colosseum, but in my opinion this was a benefit as the area was very safe, quiet and not touristy at all, with high-quality, well-priced restaurants and gelaterias all around. It really is a beautiful area! The hotel itself is lovely, the music-themed decor is very cool and the staff are so friendly and helpful. In particular we had a bit of a soft-spot for Angela, the lady who managed breakfast - she was so sweet! The room was great as well, with a fabulous sound system and disco ball in the bathroom. The value for money was really good as well, a very reasonably priced stay. The hotel being so small made all the service feel very personalised and I felt like a valued guest. Definitely recommended if you want to discover Rome for yourself and have an adventure, not stay in the centre and be ripped off as a tourist!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mjh9411
Reviewed 14 July 2012

Frankin Hotel is modern, extremely clean, bright and well presented. My boyfriend I had a very comfortable stay here - the bed was huge and the mattress felt amazing - I also loved the powerful air con (a must when visiting in July as we did). I thought the music themed decor was a cool little touch and the stereo system in the room was particularly impressive.
The staff were really friendly and helpful and provided us with maps and directions whenever we needed them.
Location-wise the area of Prati was fantastic for visiting the Vatican, although it was probably the furthest you would be prepared to walk for the other sights. The area was good for a selection of places to eat - a mix of some quite touristy places but also with some more authentic eateries nearby. The only major downside would be the lack of bars for drinking and dancing in Prati, although I think this is more of a general cultural difference than something specific to the area.
Finally, the 24hour bakery that you can find just a few streets away is absolutely superb.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Zoe A
Reviewed 27 June 2012

The hotel's location is not great, but it's a fun / clean hotel. The hotel is very close to the Vatican.

At check-in, you are prompted to pick CDs to listen to in your room. We picked some Fugees old school stuff. It was fun. Room was relatively small, but clean and nice. Good value for 110 euros.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple