“Good location”
Review of Hotel Cambridge

Hotel Cambridge
Ranked #743 of 1,269 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 4 June 2013

Not sure if i could stay here again, many hotels in this area. i would say this is a 2-4 star hotel.
the room was clean and basic. free breakfast, ladies in the breakfast room was the best part of our stay..

Good location to the train station, but many more hotels much closer. many people in the breakfast room so the hotel seems to be busy. we stayed here due to the cost per night. we needed the room for showering and sleeping only. As we walked back and forth from the station to our hotel we noticed many full signs in many of the hotels we passed. this seems to be a busy strip so if you are thinking of staying here, do your research and book early.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 23 May 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights, very clean rooms, however a warning, the stepup to the bathtub is about 2 feet so getting in and out can be tricky, not sure if this was the same in all rooms. Breakfast was basic but good, the ladies in the breakfast room were always very nice. Rosa was at reception when we got there, she was very nice. Lucia the other person at reception was ok, not very friendly but answered our questions. There is a lift which made it easy to get our luggage to our room. Easy 10 minute walk to Termini. Restaurants near by, we always felt safe walking back after dinner. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 May 2013

I was traveling with 2 friends and we opted for a 3 person room. We stayed for 4 nights.

The location is great - only a 8-10 minute walk from the Termini Station. From the Termini Station you walk up Via Varghera about 4 blocks to Via Palestro and turn right and the hotel is on your right 1 block.

The reception was very helpful upon check-in and also with restaurant recommendations, and helped us with wifi which is free. We used the computer room and internet area where wifi was good and easy to access.

Our room was small but the bathroom was small. We did have a big tub shower. Beds were comfortable and hotel cleaning service was very nice and did a great job. I always felt safe and felt this is a place where you don't have to worry about hotel theft from a room. However- I always take precautions.

Breakfast was included.

It is in a neighborhood where there are number of restaurants around if you want to get something quick. Some great Italian places that were very reasonable priced and shops.
The Termini station has almost anything you need. The hotel staff told me that I can go to the Termini station and there is a WIND store - where I can get a sim card for cell phone so I can have internet and cell service while in Rome.

It is about a 15 minute walk up to most tourist places and items - but we opted most to go to the Termini and just take the metro around.

It is a basic hotel nothing fancy and clean. The staff is the best part and there ability to assist hotel guest and the free wifi.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank surfcali
Reviewed 8 May 2013

My wife and I were looking for a reasonably priced and clean hotel room which was close within walking distance to Termini train station, which this hotel delivers on all counts. The neighbourhood is relatively quiet and there was no excessive noise either within the hotel or from the outside. Staff were friendly, efficient and courteous. They have wifi which is spotty from the actual rooms (depending where your room is), but worked well within a small room they have dedicated for internet access. Breakfast was good and was included in our rate. The hotel delivers what it promises. Easy access to places to eat and walking distance to Termini train station.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank TorTravellerToronto
Reviewed 26 April 2013

Our room was clean. Very tall ceilings. Bathroom was small, but had all to be expected from a European hotel, including bidet. Don't know about English language at reception as my husband speaks Italian. Wifi only works in the tiny computer room, has a comfy couch to sit on while doing your Internet thing. Breakfast was fresh with good coffee. Little coffee place across the street is nice, seems to be frequented mainly by non tourists, a plus for me. Round the corner a little pizza by the slice place has very tasty pizza. 10 minute walk from termini.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Earthy_Feet
Reviewed 5 April 2013

So In May 2012 I turned 30 a dream had always been to visit Rome, so I booked & went.

The hotel Cambridge was unbelievably cheap for single person occupancy in Rome, so my thought was clean, comfy and safe!!!

The hotel was almost in the same place as a few other hotels it wasn't overly easy to find from the Termini ( however with my directional skills i'm not surprised it took me a while to find it !! )

Several residents tried to point me in the right direction and i finally found my way there, my fault completley.

my room was on the first floor, air con, private bathroom, fresh towels, and a TV
OK so there wasn't a view my room looked out into the middle of the block onto laundry & pigeon crap etc, but hey !!! I hadn't paid to look out at the Trevi or Spanish Steps

Rosa i think was the receptionist who was fab, she helped me with this whole on-line checkin procedure for my flight home and she even booked me Vatican tickets and told me when was best to go.

Didn't make brekkie most mornings but when i did its was fresh and lovely,

The best thing i liked about the hotel Cambridge was how safe i felt, normally i'd say don't walk around with a guide book in your hand
( but trust me in ROME you look more out of place if you don't have a guide book or map in your hand!!!! )

So many people on here complain instead of compliment
Well your not paying a Waldorf Astoria Price but i tell ya what for £238 inc flights for a 4 night stay at the end of may i thought i'd got me a bargain.

Would i stay again YES !!!

This is an honest review, I went to Rome to see Rome not moan about a hotel, at the end of the day sleep, shower and change is what i paid for and i got a tv and air con too!

Check out my tip for drinking water Xx

Room Tip: All around Rome are what look to be black, grey or blue fire hydrans with water pouring out, do as t...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank lizzya504
Reviewed 25 March 2013

We booked the Cambridge for a weekend in Rome on the way back from San Marino for the England game. The location is ideal, just around the corner from Termini station, so you can get anywhere on the Metro. I have stayed in hotels in that area before which frankly were flea-pits. This is a basic hotel but very clean which is all we wanted. The staff were very friendly and all spoke English. The bathroom was probably the smallest i have ever seen in my life but on saying that, it was very clean. So if you want budget accommodation with no frills, but in a great location, I would recommend.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends