“Good location”

Ranked #390 of 1,258 Hotels in Rome
Houston, Texas
“Good location”
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Wife and I spent two nights at this hotel in Rome.
Positive: Location was great!
Room was quiet (I wasn't facing the street).
Breakfast was decent.
Rooms were updated.
The shower wouldn't drain, so when we left for the day we told the staff. It was fixed when we got back.

Negatives:
Very tiny room. I dont mind small rooms personally, but it was hard to navigate around a couple of luggage bags and another person.
The toilet had the little paper strip across it saying the bathroom was clean. There was dry urine on the seat.
I wouldn't say the staff was rude, but they wern't as friendly as hotel staff should be.
Compared to other hotels, I think it was a bit overpriced.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Turkish first
somerset uk
Reviewed 21 April 2014

The hotel was in a really good place in Rome - just a little away from all the busy shops but not too far away. As zoo n as we got there - the staff were very polite and we were taken to our room. They said they had upgraded us too. We were given a suite which has a sofa and tv and table in one room with a bed in the other and also the bathroom. There was also a cooker in there but there were no items for cooking with which to be honest I really don't want if I am on holiday. The room was clean - my little boy slept in the room with the sofa which was made into a bed - however the lamp in there did not work so we had to put the kitchen light on for him at night. The bed in the room however was rock solid and therefore we did not sleep well at all all week. My husband had to move off the bed and sleep with my son - I tried this too but the neighbours were banging around all night so it was even worse. The only reason it has not got 5 stars is because of this. Also we could have done with perhaps BBC news or something on the channels to keep up with any news. Breakfast was nice with different choices.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 3 March 2014

The location of this hotel is simply great, as it was already pointed out on this forum.
Staff at the reception is genuinely helpful and knowledgeable.
However, the room which I got was REALLY small. Think Tokyo small, than cut it down by 30%. This room had a bed mounted in the wall underneath the high window. Despite being February, the room was very stuffy, I had to sleap with window open, which allowed all the street noises, and on the last night all the diesel exhaust from the truck (probably delivery) idling at the front of the hotel!
Breakfast was part of the rate, but I decided to skip it for better food choices on the street.

Room Tip: Not sure which rooms are of adequate size
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Benfleet, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 February 2014

Me and my boyfriend stayed here in September and couldn't fault it. 5 minute walk from all the main attractions, some great bars and restaurants close to the hotel. Good wifi. Nicely decorated room. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Hayley F
Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed 2 February 2014

We were there in January and ... well, the rooms are cozy, the hotel personnel are friendly and helpful, breakfast is good, but this hotel has a huge problem: it has cockroaches. We saw two and called the receptionist to kill them. Had to check out and find another hotel the very next morning. I was terrified.
In addition to this, the carpets on the hallways were not very well cleaned either.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank adella10
arolando1, Responsabile reception at Hotel Siena, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Dear Mrs. Adella10,

we are very sorry about the inconvenience occurred to you during your stay at the Hotel Siena in Rome. At your arrival we upgraded to a superior room with jacuzzi bathtub in order to make your stay more confortable, but it did not help much.

We are very glad to know that you appreciate all the efforts made by our staff in order to satisfy your needs and we can assure you that concerning the carpet on the hallways it was due to a simply oversight by the chambermaid. As you can see from our reviews all our guests are extremely satisfied with the cleaning of the house.

In anyway we are taking the problem in big consideration and during the last days we checked and disinfest all the rooms in order to fix the inconvenience.

We hope that during your next visit in Rome you will think about giving us a new opportunity, offering us the chance to change your mind about the service.

Best regards
Reviewed 8 December 2013 via mobile

The hotel is perfectly located at walking distance from all major attractions. The staff is very friendly and very helpful. I stayed in room. 106. I felt the room was too tiny even for one person. But I guess this is quite common in Italy. Bed was very comfortable and breakfast was very rich. Thank you for everything!

Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed 26 November 2013

I ended up in one of the tiny single rooms at Hotel Siena, due to a "system issue" at the Hotel Delle Nazioni. It was at first upsetting to hear I'd not be staying at Delle Nazioni since it was highly recommended...but their staff had arranged my room at Siena a short three blocks walk away. Their bellhop walked me and my luggage to the Hotel Siena. As a jetlagged newbie to Rome it turned out to be a fine place. I was able to go out and enjoy walking Rome for hours, then came back and had a pleasant 12 hours of sleep. Yes, the bathroom is interestingly tiny. Otherwise it was a welcome upgrade from the airplane seat I'd slept in the night before - and the room was impecabbly clean and the space was designed so excellently! I don't know what the price would have been for the room, but I had a very good Expedia pre-paid rate at Delle Nazioni and that simply covered whatever the cost was at Hotel Siena. Breakfast was good, it included made to order espresso and a good selection (which is critical since I am gluten free and dairy free). I would go back here - depending on the rates. It is in just a perfect location.

Room Tip: Room was quiet at night despite foot traffic outside
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo